DBS checks & The DWP .. help !

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Does anyone know that if you have a DBS check done it would alert the DWP of any activity.. been summoned and its the only thing I can think of that they think I am working when it a voluntary position that I have not yet told them about.. the DBS certificate does not mention voluntary on it.. shitting it :(!

• The DWP can check lots of different sources to get information on people if they think something is not right, when you volunteer somewhere you have to declare as soon as possible. Just make sure you have the details and someone they can contact at the place you are volunteering.

• Thanks Rhythm :) Its probably just what I thought and have emailed vol place asking for a statement or covering letter to take with me .. hopefully a rap on the knuckles for not declaring the volunteer work quicker.. it just never occurred to me it could cause so much shit.. *rolls eyes* !!

The DWP can check lots of different sources to get information on people if they think something is not right, when you volunteer somewhere you have to declare as soon as possible. Just make sure you have the details and someone they can contact at the place you are volunteering.

• Thanks Rhythm :) Its probably just what I thought and have emailed vol place asking for a statement or covering letter to take with me .. hopefully a rap on the knuckles for not declaring the volunteer work quicker.. it just never occurred to me it could cause so much shit.. *rolls eyes* !!

It could also be the case that whilst you were volunteering some horrible person has called the DWP and told them you are working when you are not.

• Yeah there is that too.. but am not bringing in any money .. more fool them for sticking their beaks in lol

It could also be the case that whilst you were volunteering some horrible person has called the DWP and told them you are working when you are not.

• DWP can and will use any database they can to check on claimants including selling sites like ebay or social media. You cant do much about inter-department sharing of info but the rest you can and if youre up.front with them theres not much they can do if people try to make trouble by reporting you.