Las Vegas - Mass Shooting

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I don't trust the police with a tazerlet alone a gun. I have very little faith in the police and I find the prospect of the british bobby with a gun terrifying.

Paul

I don't get why that terrifies you but you think civilians should be able to carry them? The police are much more closely monitored and watched than some random member of the public who decides they want a gun..

• There's a lot on conspiracy theories going around the net. Like how could one man lift out a 400lb window? I don't know what to believe. It could be a set up but equally he could have just been a man on a mission.

• There's a lot on conspiracy theories going around the net. Like how could one man lift out a 400lb window? I don't know what to believe. It could be a set up but equally he could have just been a man on a mission.

Yes, and apparently there was no security camera evidence of the guns being brought into the hotel, and some eyewitness accounts said there were shots fired from the ground, and anyway no one really understands why the one guy needed so many guns....essentially the conspiracy theorists are saying that this was actually done by a team of people for political purposes.
    I don't know what to believe either, but I know that something about the story doesn't really add up.

• I Be Hearing That Now...
    He "May Have Had Help?"..Because Of Amount Of Guns And Bullets Etc In Big Bag He Had..And So Carrying Such Over Heavy Bags Through Hotel Foyer Etc And Up To His Room Etc Etc...
    Maybe A Hotel Worker/Another Person Etc Might Have Been Involved.
    Also It Was Planned Meticiously Planned Well In Advance Etc "Not What Somebody Depressed Unwell Etc Randomely Done Etc Etc.

Also It Seems This Man "Almost Like A "GHOST" No Real Paper Trail Or Social Media Trail "Which Odd/Strange For America/USA" FBI Even Baffled Which Considering They Have All These "PROFILERS" Etc Etc Who Seem To Not Even Have A "Clue/Idea" (About Him Or Why He Did This Evil Cowardly Act) Etc.....Seems Sooo Strange To Me As Well.

For All We Know "This Yes..Could Be Some Kind Of "Cover Up" To Kill/Target (One/Two Person/People) In The Innocent Crowd ) And Sadly All The Others Were Seen As "Sadly A Must Need To Do To Keep It Looking Like A Random Evil Cruel Crazed Gunman) ...Even The Police Are Questioning All This Now Too Of How A :Ghost One Man Can And Could Pre Plan This And Get Sooo Many Guns And Bullets Etc Into The Hotel And Room Etc "Unseen And Undetected Etc Etc" And Lets Sadly Face It
    "Sadly Many Innocent Lifes Have Been Lost/Taken/Used By Killing Them Also To "Cover Up The Real/Main Target/Victim" By "Gov/Military/Secret Service/FBI Etc Etc Etc In Past And Sadly To This Modern Day Of Mans World.
    Which Sadly I Be Thinking "The World/People Etc" Would Never Know Or Find Out ..

Yes We Might Think It But We Could Never Prove That...
    As Many Times This Is Put Down To "Secret Cover Ups Or "In The Best Interest To Avoid Panic Etc Etc " ..Are Often The Excuses Used Sadly:(...When In Fact Yes Some Could Be But Normally Its Down To "Political Power Plays/Fear Of The Victim/Target "Telling The Truth/Leaking Information Etc And Anybody Seen As A "Threat For Knowing Too Much Etc"
    BUT....Yes It Could Be NONE Of The Above And Solely Just The Evil Cruel Disgusting Cowardly Act Of A "Crazed Sick Evil Twisted Gunman" :( ...Nobody Seems To Know The Truth And So Everybody Will Hsve There Own Thoughts About This.

• Exactly. Ban guns and only the bad guys have guns

Easy way to get rid of illegal guns is the UK is really heavy 'full' sentences for being found in possession of one and punishment to include everyone in any household or vehicle where an illegal gun is found. Same thing for cowards who carry knives. Turn the fear of carrying a weapon back onto the criminal and their families, associates but then the do-gooders won't like it.

The police just follow orders. The greatest atrocities in the world were carried out by people just folowing orders.

Paul

The military investigating war crimes especially after WWII must have heard that excuse thousands of times.

• Also As Far As America/USA Gun Law And Outcry For "Banning And Stricter Control/Laws Etc"

I Could Not Believe My Eyes And Ears When I Saw
    "An American Gun Shop Owner Saying And Using And Quoting (The American Constitutions Of Freedom Etc Laws/Rules Etc) As He Said...

"The American People Need To Protect Themselves Like
    (HE Does)...Against "THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT" ..
    Because "They All Have Guns Lots Of Gun" So They Need "The American People Inc Himself" To Be "Ready And Able" To Protect And Defend Themselves Against
    "THE GOVERNMENT" !!!!!!..Jeez How Crazy Is That??

Also He Said..
    "SO If "The Government" Tries To "Ban/Change" Gun Laws..
    Then "All The American Gun Holders Will Take To The Steeets And Take On "The Government" With "Force" If Need Be To Protect The Rights Of The American People" !!!!!...Wowww I Thought....It Was Just Soooo "Crazy" That Sooo Many "Fear And Are Paranoid Etc" Of There Government "Being Armed And Overtaking Control Of The American People "!!...So According To The Gunshop Owner They Need Guns Weapons Etc Etc To Defend And Fight Back Etc Etc..

And So My Thought Of That Americans Had Guns "Was To Protect Themselves Again Crimes Of Violence ..Theft..Robbery Etc Etc ....Was Blown Away By This American Gunshop Owner As Apparently Not Just Him But MOST Americans Feel This Way Too About "The USA Government" !!!
    Wowwww Its Just Mind Boggling !!!

• Easy way to get rid of illegal guns is the UK is really heavy 'full' sentences for being found in possession of one and punishment to include everyone in any household or vehicle where an illegal gun is found. Same thing for cowards who carry knives. Turn the fear of carrying a weapon back onto the criminal and their families, associates but then the do-gooders won't like it.

I've been reading up on Korea and the systems of detention/punishment, even torture they deploy. My conclusion is that nuking Korea at all costs, would at least remove those barbaric, indiscriminate custodial round ups for good. And here you are proposing we adopt a similar deterrent. How many good families do we hear about where the son has gone off the rails and killed innocent victims? How many girlfriends/mates/brothers/sisters/workmates/colleagues of gun carrying street gang members know everything about their partner/ associate?
    How many of these offenders would give a fk who they dragged into such a mess?
    How easy it would be to set folk up for a very heavy fall! Let's not consider conspiracies on top of the potential miscarriage of justice this would cause.

• Easy way to get rid of illegal guns is the UK is really heavy 'full' sentences for being found in possession of one and punishment to include everyone in any household or vehicle where an illegal gun is found. Same thing for cowards who carry knives. Turn the fear of carrying a weapon back onto the criminal and their families, associates but then the do-gooders won't like it.

Guilt by association is what you expect in places like North Korea, a legal system should be based on evidence and being Innocent until proven guilty.

• I could have worded it better but education and peer pressure is needed in the first place and if it's clearly evidenced that associates clearly knew of the weapons and did nothing then they are part of the problem. Inaction is action.

There needs to be a deterrent to protect the innocent and maybe a time to question the need for any firearms being held outside of authorised clubs, farms and the military.

• I could have worded it better but education and peer pressure is needed in the first place and if it's clearly evidenced that associates clearly knew of the weapons and did nothing then they are part of the problem. Inaction is action.

This is true, but in some criminal cases there are people who might choose not say anything because doing so could put them in danger.

• What do you see as a solution for dealing with peeps who carry weapons in the UK ?

Not sure, I don't want to live in a country where the population is armed to the teeth, I do not see the public as being intelligent and emotionally stable enough to all be armed with weapons. The Armed forces and the police I do not mind, they are accountable for the weapons they carry, the weapons can be monitored and tracked, there are records of how many weapons they have and carry. America is dumb for not passing any gun control laws, there are idiots over there who think the answer to guns is more guns, how many guns do they actually need.

• Not sure, I don't want to live in a country where the population is armed to the teeth, I do not see the public as being intelligent and emotionally stable enough to all be armed with weapons.

Exactly this. Of course there's rogue police who shouldn't be in charge of a gun either but once a civilian acquires one, there are no follow ups to monitor their mental health or state of mind, and these things can change very quickly. At least with knife or other violent crimes you have half a chance to fight back or get away, but what chance did these people have being shot up from a balcony..

The military investigating war crimes especially after WWII must have heard that excuse thousands of times.

I carry A knife because I go fishing and wild camping and gardening and sailing and a hundred other reasons. You can't just keep banning things because you don't like them

paul

• I carry A knife because I go fishing and wild camping and gardening and sailing and a hundred other reasons. You can't just keep banning things because you don't like them

paul

You are permitted to carry a folding knife of 3 or whatever inches but you can carry a fixed blade knife legally IF it's being used at the time in connection with your trade or lawful activity, going to or returning from. You only drop in it if for say you've been camping and you've still got your bushie sheaf strapped to your belt when you walk into the pub hours later. Lock knives are prohibited and likewise cannot be carried all the time, only as the fixed bladed ones as far as I'm aware.

Looked that up years ago as I used to have a long fixed blade for fishing bait and got questioned on it by a mate.

• What do you see as a solution for dealing with peeps who carry weapons in the UK ?

This is a emotive subject with me. Simply carrying a knife can lead to a person being sentence in the UK. Regardless of the blade length it can be confiscated. I carry several (none locking, short blade pen knives) of legal length, about my person. I carry a flexicut carving jack. Most travelers have a axe or billhook onboard. The law as it stands is quite restricting for 'normal' everyday wilderness, outdoor, bushcraft, Countryside-sports type folk. Who will need to commute through public places.

Regarding those who carry large kitchen knives down their trousers in a public place. 8 years to life sentence should be made madatory as a deterrent. Half of those who carry these types of knive in public, claim it's for self defence. (Incase another person pulls a kitchen knife on them) for those who carry these over the top zombie killer knives. Then life without parole, should be the deterrent. The only place for those knives is in a display at home or in films on Netflix.

When I was young, Glasgow had a reputation for serious knife attacks on the streets. Hard men, made harder by the weapon. (Not gang related) just a weapon of choice.

• I was arrested, charged and cautioned for having a filleting knife, in its sheath, wrapped up in a pair of combat trousers, stashed in my rucksack, left in a parked and locked Transit van in London. The knife was confiscated, I was charged and cautioned, but they didn't find the gram of hash oil stashed in the van roof struts or the two rocks of crack shoved down my sock, for the whole time I was in the Savile Row police Station cell in Soho. :whistle:

• As a kid I'd frequent the village discos where there were a number of regular travellers who carried two small blades taped together the idea being it couldn't be stitched neatly and were easy to conceal. One small traveller would bump into someone on the dance floor and when the victim retaliated his big brother came in from the side whilst the little shit carried a twin blade. He only tried it once on me and big bro, who is now a friend stayed back. They never bothered my friends after that.

Times have changed and to me things appear to have escalated but there is no deterrent as we have a bunch of nonces handing out weak sentences.

Regarding those who carry large kitchen knives down their trousers in a public place. 8 years to life sentence should be made madatory as a deterrent. Half of those who carry these types of knive in public, claim it's for self defence. (Incase another person pulls a kitchen knife on them) for those who carry these over the top zombie killer knives. Then life without parole, should be the deterrent. The only place for those knives is in a display at home or in films on Netflix.

Fully agree and for firearms, life.

• Yes, and apparently there was no security camera evidence of the guns being brought into the hotel, and some eyewitness accounts said there were shots fired from the ground, and anyway no one really understands why the one guy needed so many guns....essentially the conspiracy theorists are saying that this was actually done by a team of people for political purposes.
    I don't know what to believe either, but I know that something about the story doesn't really add up.

Hard to say if he worked alone or had help.He may have chosen the hotel for its position and lax security.Acoustics around tall buildings in built up areas make.it hard to pin point where shots originate or can seem to come from different origins depending on where youre located when you hear gunshot .

If he had help,more than like it would be white right supremacists but i doubt. he did. Conpiracy theorists all come from the same fruit basket though so no matter who did it or what reason its 'gonna be da guvmint wut done it'

He just comes across as the usual paranoid loon whos terrified of everyone and everything and armed his self to the teeth.
    Notably the coward chose a music festival filled with sort targets to attack and didnt mount an attack on a police precinct or army base where likely hed have been shot dead quite quickly.

• The Las Vegas mass shooting was in reality an inside job ordered by Obama, Hillary and the Liberal Elite to divert attention from the Pizzagate scandal and the children sent to Mars because they were raped by Obama, and I know it's true because I've read it on Breitbart and 4Chan!

• crazed people do crazy things.no matter what you ban or whatever rules are in place .I have footage of three men and two dogs carrying a long curved metal hook on a pole on private land without permission obviously up to no good and that is okay?I wouldn't have challenged them that's for sure.:eek:I have a sharp light camping axe behind my door.If anyone forces entry I wont wait for police with the kids in bed.Ive recently had an unknown woman screaming and banging on my door for no reason at all with kids inside peacefully watching a movie.The police noted it as a minor incident and just told her off.My gate is now chained.The police have never been there quickly enough when needed.Staying camping I would feel safer with a pistol just in case.I would never be able to defend myself enough to save me if attacked or harassed and have been easily pushed over.a pistol would be long range defence if needed.Its not just guns.Athousand things in any home can maim or kill with force used.This shooter amassed a large arsenal of weapons and had a mind fix that no one seemed to notice.Why did no one notice?