Fuckwits

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• The dog started barking for no reason, then heard someone at the back doors.
    jumped to the cab, rear camera on, silver car driver n 3 othes, the 3 are out round the back of the van.
    Car moves right up to van, no longer see anything in rear view mirrors.
    Rear floodlights on, car fills up n reverses away, massive wide berth as it passes me.
    Watched them leave from the darkness of the cab.
    Knew it was a good idea to wire camera and front n rear spotters direct to battery. N keys needed, just jump into the seat and flick the switches

took the dog for a walk, the vans near me appear to be unoccupied. Nearest occupied van is about 100 yrds away.
    Might just be being parioniod but its only been an hour since i posted pics of donk on my facebook page, a fair few of the ex's mates are on my facebook. So it could be that or it could just be randoms trying there luck. This is the fb post i put up afte i got back in wih muttly

"To he folk in the silver car thats trying to fuck with me,

Hey boys, i might just be the wrong person in the wrong mood for this game!

My head is hard, my toes are steel, my axe is sharp, so are the dogs teeth, the 18mm foot n half long fire poker is cherry red.

First one thru the door gets an axe to the head, second one gets a bloody axe to the head.

Also happen to have a pick, shovel and a bag of lime, you know with me being a builder n that"

ive never had folk fucking with me like that in any van ive slept in, to be honest its got my heckles up. I was ready for bed but now i want to go hide outside till they come back, see if they come back. Then have a polite word, explain that its extremly rude to mess with someones house. Maybe even explain in great detail exactly how rude it is.

so what should i do, i cant move tonight(you know) its a busy area tonight, ive never used this park up at the weekend before. If they do get in he back doors theres a lot of gear there to nick, however, i can get out the back if the doors are open.
    what a shock they will get at an angry 6ft4 bollock naked axe welding steeltoe clad angry van pyke bursts out at them

• Sounds like opportunists but TBH if youve got ex trouble youre best not posting your whereabouts on a public forum then youre unlikely to get bother from that quarter.
    I can think.of at least 2 forum members who have had hassle from family or exs as a direct result of them posting their business on here or elsewhere.
    As it is youve potentially got 3 witnesses agsinst you if anything kicked off and use your facebook threats against you.
    Up to you how you deal with your problems but if you want privacy and stealth be private and stealthy -dont advertise.

• Not good.

I don't like the sound of it.....good that it's fairly busy.... probably is just dickwads. They did sod off once they knew you were in which might offer some reassurance.

I'd like to say don't worry, water off a ducks back etc but I know if it were me I'd likely stage an unwilling vigil til well past 5am.

It probably is nothing to worry about. It is only idiots who think they are off camera when misbehaving. The rear floods should cause even idiots to think twice.

Were they really 'at the doors'.....Ive found people get real close for probably various reasons that I can't fathom from time to time.

• I didnt post my wearabouts, it was the same pics i posted on here. There not much stealthy about my van, especially with smoke coming out the chimmney.
    If its opportunists they dont have access to my facebook, if its the ex's mates then there wont be police involvement, its not how things are done.

• there was defiantly someone touching the bus, sounded like they pushed at the rear doors

• no I said it may be just opportunists from the locality.If youve posted the same pics on fb as here youve already said in.one post where.it is so it isnt going to take much working out.
    I dont blame you for being pissed.off and ive got similar attitudes to dealing with trouble whoever it is...the law are useless.
    Im just saying if your intention is to be free and keep a low profile wherever you go then do that or limit who can see your fb to people you trust.

• no I said it may be just opportunists from the locality.If youve posted the same pics on fb as here youve already said in.one post where.it is so it isnt going to take much working out.
    I dont blame you for being pissed.off and ive got similar attitudes to dealing with trouble whoever it is...the law are useless.
    Im just saying if your intention is to be free and keep a low profile wherever you go then do that or limit who can see your fb to people you trust.

my fb is pretty closed down, time for a clear out i think

• Wherever ive been ive had intruders round after farm gear and seen them off..a few weeks ago some were where i am now and nicked a trailer and they (usual suspects)were back here in the weekday this last week sniffing round so we're all ready for the next time they show up at night :)

• my fb is pretty closed down, time for a clear out i think

I dont have anything personal about me anywhere on internet no identifiable pics or anything.not even here and only a few folk here know me by sight..My.fb account is not my proper name but an anagram .My life is my business.not the entire internets.

• Anything is a potential score and an opportunity. Like a abandoned/parked vehicle in a remote setting, is tempting for the risk involved. If you leave a radio on low. It's enough to spook even the drug fuelled opportunist from investigating your tat.
    sometimes stealth doesn't suit the location. Where a big pair of massive knackered dirty workboots placed outside and just underneath your vehicle accomadation door and or a big (obvious dogs food and water bowl). The cheaper and more beat up/chewed up, the better. The dog food bowl can be taken to another level. Make up some artificial dog food leftovers in the dogs bowl, if you didn't have a real dog or (cheap dry dog food) give the impression the dog and giant master is at home and resting, do not disturb.

• We had fuckers break in to the house to steal car keys while we were in bed a couple of years ago (land lady had her car stolen and my insurance had to cough up a grand to get the locks on mine changed), scum bags everywhere, may have nothing to do with your FB posts, could just be idiots not noticing the chimney and looking for tools and such like.

• A few of the places I park up have 'warning , lock ya vehicles and keep valuables out of sight' , mainly because vehicles occupantss can be watched departing and visible for half a mile or so if walking to local beauty spots/ monuments , often I arrive to park up and see scattered window remnants where the glass has been popped.
    The old bill regularly patrol and I have told them ' never in all the times I have parked here have I seen a vehicle broken and robbed or you had a theft from vehicle reported', they kinda got that concept after a while and even their silly oclock in the morning drivebys with a 5 point turn on full beam alongside Bubbles became sortof reassuring ''awww they care for me''.

Anyways , back on topic ,,, 5000 lumen cree LED focusable torch, on a tight focus full power it will blind any wrong uns for a bit while you evaluate .....

• Used to often get the opportunists casing the joint in the daytime when I had my dog and they look at her and say big dog you have there.and id say yes 65kg and if i let her go she'll get to your van quicker than you can .... theyd smile weakly and be gone.

Cree lights are good the best ones are 8000lumens or above with a random strobe .Guaranteed to disorientate and even make people feel sick.

• I remember one time I parked my bus in the centre of Liverpool. The rear window had recently been broken and temp replaced with a sheet of aluminium which had a small gap in one corner, right by my bed. At 3am I woke to a hand squeezing its way through the gap.
    I grabbed it and explained to its unseen owner that he was lucky I was in a good mood and not going to use a knife to make the occasion more memorable for him and then let it go.
    Next morning, a stranger turned up at the door. His brother had insisted he turn up, thank me for his continued ownership of the hand in question, and also give a friendly warning that this wasn't a safe place to park :) I'll never forget that surprise.

• I am glad nothing came of this. Sounds like opportunists to me. They ran off, so I doubt it was personal.
    Once we were fast asleep and the back door opened, at the time it didn't lock from the inside, it does now! It only opened slightly, and the dogs noticed before we do. We did get up, but the road (trading estate) was deserted.
    Another time, somebody was hammering on the van at 2am. I was first out of the van, very pissed off. Turned out it was a couple, and the boy had been ripped off at some illegal rave and took it out on our van, they were very apologetic. No damage done.
    Stay safe Pyke!

• Who ever t was never came back, im going to be in a different parkup tonight. Not because of them, the 40 mph winds have cleard the beach of vans. This thing doesnt rock much normally bu today it felt like it was almost lifting on one side when the wind hits it. Tonight in in a hollow surrounded by trees giving me a break from the wind, dont worry there far enough away they wont land on us if they do fall

• One of the reasons I never park up in empty car parks at night is the amazing number of people just wandering/driving around aimlessly up to no good, bored, looking for what ever comes along. Too scary and far too isolated

I call them night people. I prefer to blend into a row of parked cars on a residential side street and be gone in the morningn

• Time to spike that carrier bag full of bottled cider with laxatives. Nothing funnier than watching a frightened teenager shitting themselves as you chase them back into their concrete jungle.

If you really want to be mean. Watch where they enter the site. Look for a pinch point. After dark and when the offenders are congregating on site, near the park up. Spill a 2.5 litre of cheap, dark coloured gloss paint on the floor in the pinch point. Then lightly dust the paint surface with dusty road sweepings (previously gathered) blending in the wet gloss paint surface with the dark background of the nighttime environment. Get up early next morning to see just how much fun they had, having realised they had not only messed up their expensive treads man! But probably contaminated their jeans, hands, jacket along with a interesting paint trail home, Banksey would be proud of.

• It was. A long quiet stretch of road, often used by trucks to overnight. Im 30 odd mile north tonight getting blown away. Looks like im going to be here for a month or so, parked in the harbour as thats where im going to be working. Tomorrow i will have a good look about for someplace a bit more sheltered. At least here i should only have trucks wakening me up

• I remember one time I parked my bus in the centre of Liverpool. The rear window had recently been broken and temp replaced with a sheet of aluminium which had a small gap in one corner, right by my bed. At 3am I woke to a hand squeezing its way through the gap.
    I grabbed it and explained to its unseen owner that he was lucky I was in a good mood and not going to use a knife to make the occasion more memorable for him and then let it go.
    Next morning, a stranger turned up at the door. His brother had insisted he turn up, thank me for his continued ownership of the hand in question, and also give a friendly warning that this wasn't a safe place to park :) I'll never forget that surprise.

Husband used to drive long distance when he was with his ex-wife. He used to take his dog along with him on some trips, and he would just sleep in the passenger well. His wife at the time didn't like Tim (Tim didn't like her much, but that is another story - dogs are very good judges of character...).
    Anyway, Husband left the van for a minute (think he went to get cigarettes, it was when he smoked, and when you could smoke in the cab.) Quite correctly he opened the window a crack for Tim.

When he returned, Tim was all hackles up but looking rather proud of himself and there was blood down the window of the van and onto the door. Gruesome enough, but not as gruesome as the finger on the driver's seat.

Some chancer, had seen the window open a crack, tried to force it but not realised/rekoned on there being a dog in the van. Josh did take the finger down to the police station to report what had happened and give the police a clue as to what kind of thing they could rule out when apprehending the criminal - no one suggested anything back then about Tim being a dangerous dog.

• If I were that concerned about the places I stayed and was off the beaten track, I'd seriously think about putting one of those little electric goat fences around my van. Any baddies wouldn't see it in the dark until it was too late!

Yesterdays gone, tomorrows a mystery, today's a gift, that's why its called the present.

• If I were that concerned about the places I stayed and was off the beaten track, I'd seriously think about putting one of those little electric goat fences around my van. Any baddies wouldn't see it in the dark until it was too late!

If your meaning me, it was abou half a mile out of aberdeen city center, down by the beach promanade