Cheap Arse Trailer wanted.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hi, ply wood is expensive in France, so I was thinking of bringing some back for Millie, but I need a bugdet unbraked trailer for it, so has to be big enough for 2.5 by 1.2 meter sheets, good or bad, as long as the price is low enough that I can sell the trailer on in France for the price I paid. 250 kilos payload at most.

• Secret is to buy in UK...
    eBay or Gumtree...
    Many can be had for £30...
    Good luck

Dave

really?

Uk trailer laws have been tightened and many caught towing dodgy trailers end up loosing the trailer at the side of the road and getting points on their licence.

£75 is a starting orice for a working trailer, with legal tyres and roadworthy. If braked (which isn't a requirement ) with your request LV These appear to be the trailers that get pulled over for brake tests. Where in UK are you wanting to pick up from? ,

• Post by Wulfie ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • really?

Uk trailer laws have been tightened and many caught towing dodgy trailers end up loosing the trailer at the side of the road and getting points on their licence.

£75 is a starting orice for a working trailer, with legal tyres and roadworthy. If braked (which isn't a requirement ) with your request LV These appear to be the trailers that get pulled over for brake tests. Where in UK are you wanting to pick up from? ,

I thought I had one, 100 squids, trying to arrange pickup during the day time Tuesday, but I will probably be a no go due to a PITA seller, I have no where to park it in southsea, it will get nicked overnight, so want to pick it up, grease the bearings, fill with ply, get on the ferry, drive 800 km. unload trailer, sell trailer, use ply.

I found a shipper for the ply, 1 Euro a mm thickness, it adds up, but then the ferry alone s is 50 quid more with a trailer on the back. 20 extra in fuel and payage charges. Nice idea that probably isn’t worth the hassle. I will pay a trucker to deliver it.

Trailer laws in France have tightened too, no home made trailers. They have to have type approval and spec plates with weights and whatnot on them. Over 500 kilo obligatory brakes, over 750 kilos they have their own V5s, It is a risk. Plenty of home made unbraked ones still floating about, but not up and down the motorways.