lo cost n easy web sites_let me help if I can :)

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• hi.....I am an art and design professional and have struggled to try "land" web design......fighting with it for years now. Anyway, because of long term illness I am now unemployed and looking for creative ways of "paying the fucking MORTgage".....so it just occurred to me to offer my services (yeah, I'm a total whore :) here on UKH. For general background/CV - just "Google" ojahllah there'll be plenty of links n shit.

My pending site is https://www.ojahllah.com/

the only other "live" site I've started is for my partner: https://www.idriswalters.com/

I'd be happy to work on knocking something together for you on "wix" - so you can do your own admin.....decide whether you wanna pay for ecommerce facilities etc........I could just anchor your site template, deal with your copywriting, what you're offering to this big old beautiful world, pics and graphics/repro/sounds etc - to get it looking like who you really are. Cost.....always negotiable.....if I love you I'll do it for free :) donations around £100 would help keep me in survival mode rather than "fuck this I'm gonna kill myself" mode.........

Anyway.........crazy mad fucker that I am.......hoping I ain't broken any site rules........loving y'all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• The Idris site is worth a visit for the art and sounds. Well done.

cheers dude...........that is music to my ears and I'm going to sit Idris on his ass and make him read your groove.....as I said, he don't listen to me no more, but maybe a little help from guy friends (thank you sweet heart) and he might start breathing again xxxxxxxxxxxx

• I was certainly not expecting that beautiful creativity. Again in just two days I've been blown away again. Previous - Nomis's great vid find (http://www.ukhippy.com/stuff/s…58&highlight=#post1591658) but now in the same vein by the unexpected.
    Seeing you in a whole new light Vert, wishing you well on your venture :hippy3:

thanks Wulfie.....my bro is a good dude, like you .....I just wish more guys could put their heads together n make better shit happen.....just little hippie base camps all over.......the women (unless they are REAL full grown lover women) 'd turn up for the flame...

In the meantime.......I'm planning for a new system entirely....................will be posting soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• I can't get on either site! :( the nanny security software says there's a problem with the certificate. Stupid thing won't even allow me to make an exception. I'm a big girl and can choose what to see!
    I thought you should know.

• I can't get on either site! :( the nanny security software says there's a problem with the certificate. Stupid thing won't even allow me to make an exception. I'm a big girl and can choose what to see!
    I thought you should know.

thanks babe.....yea there is some shit messing with my links (some clever bastard thinks that's cool) well I will find a way of kicking that shit n get back to you sweet heart.........in t'meantime.....an email for me is : devs@erp.myzen.co.uk if you wanna get close to me. I have other mailboxes too if this one is a problem :huglove:

big cosmic love xxxx

• the only other "live" site I've started is for my partner: https://www.idriswalters.com/

What an incredible talent your partner has. Looking at some of his work reminded me of my uncle who was an architect and member of RIBA. His draughtsmanship was similarly neat and detailed and he was very "old school" using drawing board, T square and lead pencil.

Anyway, beautiful work and please pass on my compliments.

:D

• What an incredible talent your partner has. Looking at some of his work reminded me of my uncle who was an architect and member of RIBA. His draughtsmanship was similarly neat and detailed and he was very "old school" using drawing board, T square and lead pencil.

Anyway, beautiful work and please pass on my compliments.

:D

thank you sooooooo much - I will push this right under his nose so he can't ignore your appreciation (he is a bugger for withdrawing from people and wonders why he is depressed.....or maybe it is the other way around mmmmmmmmmm).

I am fascinated.....who was your uncle.....idris may have been inflluenced by him.

Idris studio is old school - huge solid wood drawing board........works in dry pastels using cutouts/stencils and his draughting skills with multiple scale rulers is phenomenal.......none of this digital stuff for him........everything down on paper............just glorious.

One of his mentors was a guy called Gordon Cullen.....don't know if you've come across his work ?

Anyways oblongdot....so lovely of you to take the time - I will really be happy to share your post with the Idris xxx

• I doubt that he would have heard of him, although he did win an award for work he did for the Church of Scotland and I think he also won a Saltire award for redeveloped stables. His name was Norris Hamilton and he was active from the '60s into the early '00s. He started his career with Gratton and Maclean who were fairly well known in Glasgow in the post war years.

I can identify with the whole "withdrawing from people" thing, I'm very guilty of that myself!

• I doubt that he would have heard of him, although he did win an award for work he did for the Church of Scotland and I think he also won a Saltire award for redeveloped stables. His name was Norris Hamilton and he was active from the '60s into the early '00s. He started his career with Gratton and Maclean who were fairly well known in Glasgow in the post war years.

I can identify with the whole "withdrawing from people" thing, I'm very guilty of that myself!

thanks sweetheart.......I wish Idris was having this conversation wit chu - he needs brothers so badly because he is so lonely and I just don't cut it - I'm a fuckin woman.....they just can't be trusted not to be fickle, gullible, usurous.............but well, what the hell can I do - except just keep going. I sympathise with the "hermit" he is (and sounds like you too) because so much human interaction is complete bullshit - waste of vital life energy.........but good interactions...........life enhancing, healing, beautiful and full of big cosmic love - sending you whatever we can of that from all that is xxxxxxxxxxxx bless you

• How good are you at webshop stuff?

Reason is in the next couple of months I need a website making for my fledgling hardwood garden furniture and decorative items business. At the moment I am still prototyping products and then I need to get some super nice photos sorted, But I want something up and running by Xmas ready for the spring summer 2018 season.

I want something more off the wall, Facebook friendly, multi media and also that promotes the sustainable nature of my products, the wood is all airdryed from sustainable and managed local forests and use non toxic treatments.

At the moment I have no logo or even company name.

• I'm sure I could get you started with your basic graphic assets and depending on where you are, product photography organised into a decent archive (spreadsheeted and pixel sizes sorted). Sounds groovy product development and I adore wooden products, for all the sustainable/green reasons. I'll give some thought and send you a briefing document if you like......so it'll help you organise your thoughts and give me some working materials. Meantime.....this is an example of loads of Pinterest boards where I gather my pro/commercial/graphic ideas and inspirations together.....just for background really:

Just say yeah and I'll send the briefing questionnaire over next coupla days.....what software do you like to work in.....d'ya use Microsoft Word or prefer PDFs.........be lovely to hear from you. No costs at all to begin with, until you're sure you want to work with me and we've agreed a strategy and maybe staged costs so it never gets too big. I always give a lot more than I would ask paying for.....need happy clients not big bucks xxx

Kindest regards, Verti(Jen)
    :hippy:

• Beautiful work. My connection is on a go-slow, so I'm not sure if I'm seeing what you and he intended, but what I see is very uplifting, so thank you for sharing.

Jan Garbarek got another couple of album sales (one with The Hillyard Ensemble, owing to your prompt) out of your website, at least :whistle:

• Beautiful work. My connection is on a go-slow, so I'm not sure if I'm seeing what you and he intended, but what I see is very uplifting, so thank you for sharing.

Jan Garbarek got another couple of album sales (one with The Hillyard Ensemble, owing to your prompt) out of your website, at least :whistle:

Thank you sweet heart ...... life is so hard and yet it don't take much but a little love to make us glow ............ appreciated xxx

• How good are you at webshop stuff? At the moment I have no logo or even company name.

Hi LV - just a quick follow up to make sure you weren't waiting for anything from me........'cause I wanted to make sure you were interested in working with me before bothering you with stuff. If I made it all sound a bit complicated, I apologise.......probably had my commercial art hat on at the time.

So anyway.....in case it helps.....I spent literally years investigating how to do a website.....to try get my foot through a door that every graphic design professional seems to have to be able to deal with (one of the many strings to the damned groaning great bow they are expected to carry around). Went through spending hundreds of pounds on a 3 day Adobe Dreamweaver course, considered Magento, tried cracking opensource, Joomla, liked the look of Drupal, found even Wordpress too tricky (because it has got more and more sophisticated). Then looked at all the builder softwares with monthly subscription costs, like Shopify, Big Commerce, Volusion etc etc etc. and:

Finally opted for WIX - easy to use, relatively cheap to set up an ecommerce facility - and I reckon with all the great templates they have available - you could DIY a site. Best of luck with your venture..........I'm doing the same and it's tough, but at least you have some control over your life instead of being fucked over by employers. Your business sounds terrific - wishing you every success xxx

• Hi LV - just a quick follow up to make sure you weren't waiting for anything from me........'cause I wanted to make sure you were interested in working with me before bothering you with stuff. If I made it all sound a bit complicated, I apologise.......probably had my commercial art hat on at the time.

So anyway.....in case it helps.....I spent literally years investigating how to do a website.....to try get my foot through a door that every graphic design professional seems to have to be able to deal with (one of the many strings to the damned groaning great bow they are expected to carry around). Went through spending hundreds of pounds on a 3 day Adobe Dreamweaver course, considered Magento, tried cracking opensource, Joomla, liked the look of Drupal, found even Wordpress too tricky (because it has got more and more sophisticated). Then looked at all the builder softwares with monthly subscription costs, like Shopify, Big Commerce, Volusion etc etc etc. and:

Finally opted for WIX - easy to use, relatively cheap to set up an ecommerce facility - and I reckon with all the great templates they have available - you could DIY a site. Best of luck with your venture..........I'm doing the same and it's tough, but at least you have some control over your life instead of being fucked over by employers. Your business sounds terrific - wishing you every success xxx

Hi, sorry for lack of response, I thought this thread had vanished as I remembered it being elsewhere. I will be looking at starting to look at something towards the end of October, I am in the uk for the next 2 weeks and then will be coming back to finish off the last few designs.