I'd Love To Be Nomadic

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I absolutely hate living in the flat that I currently live in, there are people everywhere!, and if you arnt exactly like them vote like them bigoted like them(in a nationalist kind of way) nasty like them standing around talking trash like them, well you're not in their gang and they don't like you and they want you out.

In society today,you have to have a permanent job,you have to subscribe to some kind of religion oh and don't forget the obligatory kids!, if you don't have one of those you're some kind of freak!, and if you just want quiet time and be by yourself sometimes, there's definitely something wrong with you!.

As it is, I don't like society, and as far as it goes, it's not compatible with me, my value system or my idear's of morality that's because I believe society has no morals or values worth a damn!, and unless you have money you are worthless and i'm not worthless, i'm a human being.

I have decided that i'm going to get a tent and all the thing's that I need, and just go away for weeks at a time just so I can just survive this putrid human soup called society that everyone raves about!, you know the society where the elderly are ignored by the political system where people who have mental health issues cannot get the benefits they need without having them taken away because they have been reassessed as fit for work, oh and don't forget the great unwashed (that's me by the way) the unemployed who's fault everything is because we don't pay tax, well do you see the royal brats paying tax?, of course you don't they are the lowest form of scum and the vermin that has dragged this country down not the unemployed the disabled or the people with mental health issues .

• In society today,you have to have a permanent job,you have to subscribe to some kind of religion oh and don't forget the obligatory kids!, if you don't have one of those you're some kind of freak!

Then I .... Am a freak!

Come join the show!! :-D

• In society today you don't "have"to do anything except live your life thats true to you.All of my life choices have been made by myself,no one else.I don't make choices to conform,I make them to hopefully make me happy.Who says you have to run with the crowd?Be the shepherd,not the sheep!

• To the OP, a certain amount of what you say relates to state of mind. Do you want to be 'accepted' and 'approved of' by these people you mention? If not, why does what they think worry or upset you so much? Why not just live your life the way you want it and ignore what (you think) others think of you? (You may be wrong, maybe they don't give a toss what you think or do).
    I learned a long time ago that I have control over little except what I do myself. I resolved a long time ago not to worry (or even dwell on) issues that I cannot change. So I don't worry about all the political issues you mentioned. This works well for me.
    Make the best of what you CAN change. Make the life you want to live.

• I learned a long time ago that I have control over little except what I do myself. I resolved a long time ago not to worry (or even dwell on) issues that I cannot change. So I don't worry about all the political issues you mentioned. This works well for me.
    Make the best of what you CAN change. Make the life you want to live.

Easier said than done tho , well for me at least.

• do not think that being nomadic is an easier way of life, in fact tis a damn sight harder,although much more satisfying.
    what you take for granted in a house ie. water has to be fetched and as to living off the land,forget it, you need either access to shops or a well stocked allotment. living the dream ? remember nightmares are dreams to

• Easier said than done tho , well for me at least.

As I said, it works for me. It takes time to get the mindset right. It takes effort to break out of the mould. When stuff you can't fix starts to worry you, you've got to keep reminding yourself to put it to one side, out of your mind. Focus on the stuff you can do, and do it well. Fill your head with your own life and don't give a thought about what others think. Every evening, I write down a list of things I want to do and then the next day I do as many as I can. Update the list in the evening then I'm off again next day. It keeps me really busy with all the good stuff I want to do. The lists help me get lots done and I go to bed (most days anyway) with a smile on my face. I'm lucky to have a partner who thinks the same way I do. That helps. Make the best of every day by focussing on what you can achieve rather than worrying about what you can't change or what others do or think.