Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• When I became vegan a couple of years ago I spent a small fortune on beauty products made specifically for vegans. I've since come across loads of 'accidentally' vegan brands that are available in supermarkets and high street shops. Mitchum deodorant, batiste dry shampoo, original source etc. superdrug make lots of inexpensive vegan beauty products too. Would love to hear from anyone who knows of any other vegan friendly make up or skin/hair care products that wont break the bank

• Post by ClarenceNewton ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Best vegan deodorant-antiperspirant :
    shea butter, cocoa butter, baking soda, all melted in a lass bowl over hot water dish, add some essential oil of your choice, stir, pour into another container -let it set. Voila ! The best homemade antiperspirant ever.

• Post by Sprouted ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Have just had a look on Etsy. Wow, looks like there are some lovely products and very inexpensive compared to some vegan cosmetics.

Deleted first post by accident. Etsy is brilliant for tons of vegan bits at great prices plus you are supporting a small business. I sell vintage and antiques on etsy and have sold all over the world so I'm a big fan!

• What kind of things do you sell sprouted? I had never looked on Etsy until you recommended that seller. I'm really impressed, there's some lovely and very unique stuff on there and I like the idea of buying from and supporting small businesses. There is some beautiful jewellery and some of the clothes are great too x

• Another great way is to use apple cider vinegar to rinse hair. I alsouse now only shampoo bar ( soap) also handmade, and my hair doesn't need any conditioners anymore. It's difficult to start because the soap strips your hair from all the residue left by shampoos, but it's amazing how my hair look now after a few months of using just the shampoo bar.

I use real Aztec bentonite clay mask on my face and hair , wash with shampoo bar and rinse with apple cider vinegar and water solution.

There is many things packaged in plastic and " vegan and organic ", but I would rather make it myself, cheaper and better.

• Best vegan deodorant-antiperspirant :
    shea butter, cocoa butter, baking soda, all melted in a lass bowl over hot water dish, add some essential oil of your choice, stir, pour into another container -let it set. Voila ! The best homemade antiperspirant ever.

Is that not greasy?

I use one of those salt bars for deodorant.

It's nice to support vegan outlets but the prices are tough to swallow.

• I also use rock salt stick. It's good, but less good if someone shaves there :D

The combination of shea butter and cocoa butter + baking soda and some essential oil is not greasy. You need really small amount and the skin will absorb it. I used it in the morning and I am ok even now, after 12 hours. Really good stuff.