What is this thing called.....love! :)

• You are so much my kind of hippie Danaan (all your thoughts above, definitely up my street).....wonder full, I am going to get on with it then.....and will post when it's ready......heavens

https://au.pinterest.com/ojahllah/sew-lovely-things/

I've been waiting so long for finding my people...

https://au.pinterest.com/ojahllah/gypsy/

• [quote='Danann','http://ukhippy.com/freakpower/forum/index.php?thread/&postID=1589001#post1589001']

You are so much my kind of hippie Danaan (all your thoughts above, definitely up my street).....wonder full, I am going to get on with it then.....and will post when it's ready......heavens I've been waiting so long for finding my people

Hahahahaha....I Did Giggle At Your Words hehehe....I Forgot To Say I Love Abd Often Just Wear (At Home Off Course" ...(Beaded Tribal Breast Plates) hahahahaha With Just A Wrap Around Waist Sarong hahaha...But Do Not Be Thinking You Will Get Much Call For Those hahahaha..

If Your Not Sure What A Tribal Beaded Or Wooden Breast Plate Is It Is Very Similar To What Would Look Similar To An American Natives Front Tribal Breast Plate .hahaha...

• Thank you so muchly for your linking about Anam Cara - I just looked it up and - what an amazing relief.......oh lord...

I have been feeling this for someone recently and I couldn't explain it....was making me feel like I was breaking down into little pieces.....so now it begins to fall into place I can understand....bless you Danaan...

[h=1]Anam Cara – the Soul Friendship[/h]

Have you ever met someone, and from that first moment you knew there was something special about them? Your friendship formed quickly and easily, and from the start you felt like they knew you better than anyone ever could. You may have just met an Anam Cara.
     Anam Cara is the Gaelic term for a soul friend. It is much more than just a regular friendship – the Anam Cara friendship is deep and transcendent. An Anam Cara knows your thoughts, your feelings, your past and your present sometimes better than you do.
    At one time or another we have all felt lonely or isolated. We have all had times were we felt misunderstood; standing on the outside looking in, just longing to belong. The Anam Cara eases that feeling of loneliness and isolation. Our Anam Cara understands us at a deep, spiritual level, and reminds us that we are never alone. They provide shelter from the storm and a light in the darkest of places.
    Our Anam Cara is not necessarily our spouse, or partner (though they can be). Frequently our Anam Cara is our gender, and fills the role of a best friend and confidant. This can really be quite a relief for our significant other, who won’t be expected to fill our every need! An Anam Cara may be a life time friend, who appears to us in childhood and stays with us throughout the years. Or they may appear later in life to accompany us on our journey. They may stay for years, or go out with the tide. However long they stay, their presence is a gift and a blessing.
    And just as we are blessed by this relationship, so they are blessed too, because we, also, are an Anam Cara.
    A Friendship Blessing
    From “Anam Cara” By John O’Donohue
    May you be blessed with good friends.
    May you learn to be a good friend to yourself.
    May you be able to journey to that place in your soul where there is great love, warmth, feeling, and forgiveness.
    May this change you.
    May it transfigure that which is negative, distant, or cold in you.
    May you be brought in to the real passion, kinship, and affinity of belonging.
    May you treasure your friends.
    May you be good to them and may you be there for them;
    May they bring you all the blessings, challenges, truth, and light that you need for your journey.
    May you never be isolated.
    May you always be in the gentle nest of belonging with your anam cara.

• [quote='verticalis48','http://ukhippy.com/freakpower/forum/index.php?thread/&postID=1589003#post1589003']

Hahahahaha....I Did Giggle At Your Words hehehe....I Forgot To Say I Love Abd Often Just Wear (At Home Off Course" ...(Beaded Tribal Breast Plates) hahahahaha With Just A Wrap Around Waist Sarong hahaha...But Do Not Be Thinking You Will Get Much Call For Those hahahaha..

If Your Not Sure What A Tribal Beaded Or Wooden Breast Plate Is It Is Very Similar To What Would Look Similar To An American Natives Front Tribal Breast Plate .hahaha...

Oh yes I do - it is part of the plan - look forward to sending drawings soon - then I think we will recognise we are looking for the same things......yes it is very Native American survival spirit gear...........need to carry talismans and protection and wear real natural clothings with grace and beauty...... will be back in next few days...

• ukhippy.com/attachment/26287/

This Is One Type Breast Plate Verticalis48 What I Wear:) To Give A Sort Of Idea haha:) And Why Only At Home I Wear These As Nothing Is Worn Underneath So Dont Go Outaide For Clear Reasons hahaha:)

Yes, this is the kind of thing sweetie, a lovely feeling to wear and I'm thinking a version that you could wear outside too, that had useful characteristics, like pockets, slots, ties, tags for carrying important stuff....practical and spirit protecting.....and beautiful, so you can tie amulets, herbs, pictures of loved ones close to your heart, your phone, your lippy, a biro, a mini notebook, your blood group etc.

next few days will post drawings and rough prototypes for tweaking and improving by joint ideas :hippy:

so lovely to share babe xxx

• oh and better make this last post about clothings on the post about lovings (although I guess they're inter-related :)
    I'm planning a similar pattern for guys too ...... a classic shirt, with peasant shape, but classy and masculine enough to wear without drawing fire in the workplace or out of an evening. Don't want to get a load of abuse for looking like a girl after all....like those Native American dudes............pah ! Some of the most beautiful guys on the planet...

[URL='http://oh and better make this last post about clothings on the post about lovings (although I guess they're inter-related :) I'm planning a similar pattern for guys too ...... a classic shirt, with peasant shape, but classy and masculine enough to wear without drawing fire in the workplace or out of an evening. Don't want to get a load of abuse for looking like a girl after all....like those Native American dudes............pah ! Some of the most beautiful guys on the planet https://au.pinterest.com/ojahllah/not-to-forget/']
     https://au.pinterest.com/ojahllah/not-to-forget/[/URL]

• Cool, really glad you "get it" gal - no of course they didn't have anything to offer......in fact psychiatry increasingly blame mental health issues on physiological states and imbalances.....like ones Endocrine system needs to be balanced before any medication should be looked at........sod 'em, they really haven't a blooming clue.

So, I'm into meditation, diet, (friends who love me) and have learned far more healing from Eastern mysticism than any Western medical intervention....so I am at last, on my way home. :huglove:

Thanks for your kindness
    Verti xxx

i'm sorry, i may be misunderstanding you, but this post seems very self contradictory...........can you explain, you say you're dealing with mental health issues by addressing the physical,

'So, I'm into meditation, diet, (friends who love me) and have learned far more healing from Eastern mysticism than any Western medical intervention....so I am at last, on my way home. :huglove:'

but slag off the medical profession,

'in fact psychiatry increasingly blame mental health issues on physiological states and imbalances.....like ones Endocrine system needs to be balanced before any medication should be looked at........sod 'em, they really haven't a blooming clue.',

for suggesting this might be an answer?

• Hiya Groove,

Well erm, difficult to know quite where to start....so I'll start at the end and try work back......"slag off" sorry if I did do that from your point of view - I'd prefer to call it "refusing any longer to be conned by ignorance, arrogance, stupidity and lies".....which surely ought still be an available option ?

My last psychiatric report stated: we cannot recommend any change in medication until the Endocrine/Thyroid problem is stable because the effects of the condition are material.

Then, I was referred to a "Sleep Clinic" a week ago, (an expensive American run chain of private hospitals and facilities now being used by referral from the NHS (at great cost to the taxpayer I should imagine) - to try find out why I am chronically fatigued (and in case you misunderstand, this is not just feeling knackered [like most people do because of the toxic lifestyles we have to live, to earn a crust, keep the bailiffs from the door] - it is being unable to move 6.5 days out of every 7.

Consultant says: "well to be honest we're only just beginning to investigate the mind body connections and still in the early stages, we're trying new techniques and simply, if it works it works - we often can't yet say why". This from a consultant anaesthetist...a middle aged man, of many years practice, extremely well paid, position of authority and public standing........WTF am I supposed to knit with that ?

So after more than 3 decades of mental and physical misery - I am trying to dig myself out by myself (with a little help from my friends).....I have lost the best years of my life to being on pharmaceuticals - so I believe I have the right to assess things for my own particular psycho/physiological state. Not trying to do it for anyone else.....so I think it's probably "allowed" but if it isn't then I'll have to go "off piste" and risk the consequences - because anywhere is better than where I have been over the past more severe 10 months of being one of the living dead.

and it does feel like good changes are occuring.....but only since taking my control of my own life back.

Really do hope that explains a bit.........will be different for everyone else.....everyone is unique and at their own place in space and time.....how could it be appropriate to treat everyone the same...Do hope I haven't pissed you off though, really wouldn't want to make anyone feel bad.

Big hugs, cause I think you've been having a bad time....hope you feeling better too - it's a long strange trip xxx
    :huglove:

• Hang on.... whats that smell.... it's not cows..... it's not sheep.....It's bullshit.
    Thats the kind of logic that people use to ignore lifes issues, especially with health and mental health. Lot's of incredibly uneducated folk peddling nonsense that you can just 'think yourself better'. Seems to be a lot of that across the pond, a long with bloody faith healing where people die trying to pray cancer away, instead of having treatment. A lot of this kind of shit gets started by the krappy self help market, full of snake oil salesmen telling folk the universe will bend over backwards and do what they like (providing they pay a fee). There are people everwhere struggling not because they want to, but because it's what they have been forced into, nobody thinks they want life to be shit, it just happens for some folk. :)

Hi Rhythm....bit late to respond really (cause I missed this thread for ages), but I kind of see where you're coming from - but polarisation maybe no need. This link here brings together the esoteric and the exoteric with regard to health and well being (mental and physical) - I do go on about this guy, but his passion and love for all peeps and his bravery in pursuing the road less travelled, I find amazingly inspiring.....hope you might get a little something from it anyway sweetie, if not no worries either:

https://youtu.be/zH0hJJuC_ks

• My mate, who I have known for 50 years, and has had serious cancer twice, once actually asked me to 'bonk' his wife. That's real love, he was worried about the effect of his illness on her. I couldn't do it, I have known them both for far too long but I was touched because it was sincerely meant and it came from his very real love for his wife. Its incredibly touching because they are so devoted, even after all these years

I suggested it didn't matter that he couldn't get erection and his libido was non existent, just cuddle her lots, every chance he gets, and tell her how he feels and how much he loves her, that's what she needs.

He was avoiding physical contact with her because he was afraid he couldn't go the distance, that's a real male hang up