Where are you parked up tonight?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Just being nosy. Where are you parked up? How did you decide on your location?

Me? I'm sat here in the van as the sun goes down. I'm just near a small place called Glasson Dock overlooking the Lune Estuary near Lancaster. I'd heard about this place and it's nice and peaceful. Just a small industrial estate further down the road and sod all traffic this time of day. And a view to die for. Hoping for a glorious sunset. Only my second night as a nomad.

• Sounds A Great Place to...Park Up...!!

Just being nosy. Where are you parked up? How did you decide on your location?

Me? I'm sat here in the van as the sun goes down. I'm just near a small place called Glasson Dock overlooking the Lune Estuary near Lancaster. I'd heard about this place and it's nice and peaceful. Just a small industrial estate further down the road and sod all traffic this time of day. And a view to die for. Hoping for a glorious sunset. Only my second night as a nomad.

• Well tonight I am trading baby sitting services with my sister so parked on her drive tonight so I can look after my niece and nephew. Whilst my sister recovers from a night shift.

• Earlier I was in Sarf London, on an industrial road. Not as bad as it sounds. So quiet at night you could hear a fox bark. One side of the road is a large lighting company. The other side of the road is a grassy bank with wild flowers and garlic growing on it!
    I am now back in NW London. The builders have arrived at the waste ground opposite. Vanman tells me they start at 7 am!!!! :eek:

• Im parked on a building site..locked secure parking..acess to toilets..water..site canteen..room for my dog to roam...the only downside is...its in padstow.cornwall..no neighbours..deer in the field to my right in the grounds of prideaux place..the camel estuary to my left..with its ever changing sandbar..and i got my paddleboard out on monday night...guess life on the road has got some good points...

• Down a farm track between some corn fields and a woodland,but close enough to a friends farm here in Brittany where I can pick up his wifi signal. Friend is getting married in a few weeks so am helping him sort out the gardens ready for his big day.
    Its a bit busy tonight though,have heard two owls and a deer !!

Hope that you have had two lovely evenings boisdevie and wish you many more peaceful nights. The more that you do it,the easier it all becomes :thumbup:

• Im parked on a building site..locked secure parking..acess to toilets..water..site canteen..room for my dog to roam...the only downside is...its in padstow.cornwall..no neighbours..deer in the field to my right in the grounds of prideaux place..the camel estuary to my left..with its ever changing sandbar..and i got my paddleboard out on monday night...guess life on the road has got some good points...

Are you working on it or just gained permission to be there?

• Shall be in my forest tonight enjoying listening to the animals doing their thing under the safety of darkness. There were some wild boar there last week,hopefully they are still there and that I can sneak a dusk or dawn photo of them. Bonne weekend to you all xx

• At my mothers in NW London ATM. This weekend I am going to take advantage of my free over 60s Oyster card to persue an interest I have that I haven't talked about on here before.

Today I will be going to visit and take photos of the childhood homes of Marc Bolan and Ray/Dave Davies of the Kinks which is nearby.

Then I will be visiting a few other addresses in London associated with people from the 60s/70s pop scene. Mostly places where they lived.

I have now expanded my interest to include stars of film and TV from that era. I have a back list of hundreds of places I want to go and see.

Its a geeky hobby of mine, I have hundreds of photos saved on my computer. My son says I should start a website, maybe one day.

Its only possible because I get free travel on trains and buses but its a 'good day out' and I love any form of travelling around, this gives me a reason to go places

• I am so envious of all of you. All those locations sound great. I would love to live the lifestyle but I would never be able to convince my wife and kids to do so.

Everything comes with a price, You wouldn't be so keen on a wet November day, put your rose tinted glasses back in their case. :D

• Everything comes with a price, You wouldn't be so keen on a wet November day, put your rose tinted glasses back in their case. :D

Nothing nicer than parking up with a beautiful view on a wet november day and lighting the fire and enjoying a good book,or even a film,or in some case a welsh rugby match :whistle:

• Today I will be going to visit and take photos of the childhood homes of Marc Bolan and Ray/Dave Davies of the Kinks which is nearby.

That will be Fortis Green Road for the Davies brothers,i think Ray may still live in the road.I never knew about Marc Bolan living local.

• Today I will be going to visit and take photos of the childhood homes of Marc Bolan and Ray/Dave Davies of the Kinks which is nearby.

That will be Fortis Green Road for the Davies brothers,i think Ray may still live in the road.I never knew about Marc Bolan living local.

Ray Davies now lives in Highgate and can often be seen in The Flask

Marc Bolan (Mark Feld) was born at 25 Stoke Newington Common.
    other addresses associated with him are 57 Blenheim Cresc Ladbroke Grove and 31 Clarendon Gdns W9. He also lived at 47 Bilton Tower Great Cumberland Place for a while.

At the time of his death he lived at 142 Upper Richmond Road, it was there that he was returning in the early hours from a club when the car in which he was a passenger left the road and hit a tree on Barnes Common. That tree is still a shrine covered in pictures and messages

• Ray Davies now lives in Highgate and can often be seen in The Flask

Marc Bolan (Mark Feld) was born at 25 Stoke Newington Common.
    other addresses associated with him are 57 Blenheim Cresc Ladbroke Grove and 31 Clarendon Gdns W9. He also lived at 47 Bilton Tower Great Cumberland Place for a while.

At the time of his death he lived at 142 Upper Richmond Road, it was there that he was returning in the early hours from a club when the car in which he was a passenger left the road and hit a tree on Barnes Common. That tree is still a shrine covered in pictures and messages

Thanks for the info Bernie,have been known to fall out The Flask in my younger days,Keith Moon lived above a restaurant on Highgate Hill .Sorry for veering off topic.

• Thanks for the info Bernie,have been known to fall out The Flask in my younger days,Keith Moon lived above a restaurant on Highgate Hill .Sorry for veering off topic.

That area round the Flask is absolutely bristling with Celebs, I am more interested in the old ones but I will only post actual addresses if they are dead or long gone .

This might give you some bed time reading if you know the area

http://westhampsteadlife.com/2…ampstead-and-kilburn/5071

• I'll be back on the road this morning after 3 months on a campsite in Tarifa, just woke up and am taking my last look at the beach and N-Africa across the water.

No firm plans re. travel, initially heading to Cadiz, probably cross over into Portugal and will take the inland route up to Northern Portugal and through Galicia heading into France.

It'll be a couple of weeks of parkups before crossing over to the UK via Calais.

Unless I happen upon a nice place that attracts me enough to stay a-while. - I only landed in Tarifa to do the waste and catch up with the laundry, ended up staying for 3 months. (organic sativas helped to persuade me). plus the area has a really nice vibe.

No idea how the next few days/weeks will reward me but I am sure that they will.

Aint life grand ?

Love & Light, james

• Thanks for the info Bernie,have been known to fall out The Flask in my younger days,Keith Moon lived above a restaurant on Highgate Hill .Sorry for veering off topic.

I recall falling out of either the flask or the angel in hghgate , maybe both ? , that was the night I slept on the floor of a basement in the highgate tea rooms , woke up to find my 'bed' was in the middle of a pentagram painted on the floor :eek:

• Was known to crash on Dave O List's floor occasionally, (original guitarist with the Nice). Their version of the Karelia Suite by Sibelius was one of my early faves, along with Fairport's A Sailor's Life and Joy of a Toy from the Soft's 1st album import version (side 1 track 2). Sorry for my deviation. Toby.

• Thanks for that Wobbly; currently parked up in the sunshine overlooking a Pembrokeshire beach and was enjoying it, lol!!!! Hope your silver machine is looking after you, as is our Starship looking after us!' Keep on truckin with Toby n Suzy Trux.

• Well after a weekend entertaining my nieces and nephew. Building them a mud kitchen whilst parked on my sisters drive. I am probably going to park as close to work as possible tonight as I'm on 6-2's tomorrow.