Tell us about your day

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I had to go into the council yesterday because they are overcharging me for the cost of my care
    Every four weeks at the minute I have to find £338 from somewhere irrespective of whether I can afford it or not and there is no way that six hours a week amounts to that amount
    I'm really pissed off

• I woke up, got up, laid down for a bit, had some lunch, laid down for a bit, went for a run, cooked some more food, and now I'm going to lay down for a bit :D

A bit of what? is what I'm wondering . . . :D

- - - Updated - - -

I've rebuilt the kitchen in Iris again, and for the last time.

• I have had a go at the community mental health team because my care coordinator is not due in until 1 o'clock and the council are taking a third of my money every month and that's before I've even bought anything to eat for the cost of my support I wanna Clee having no support would actually be less stressed because at least then I wouldn't have to account for every single penny that comes in and goes out and fucking stressed out

• If I'm too stressed out then my anorexia flares up and I Dhoni I stopping my calorie count starts up exercising too much starts up I lose weight I got really skinny I've nearly been admitted into Eating Disorder units for times already because of this and I really don't want this time to be it where I have to go in
    I cannot keep living like this
    Because it's not living

• If I'm too stressed out then my anorexia flares up and I Dhoni I stopping my calorie count starts up exercising too much starts up I lose weight I got really skinny I've nearly been admitted into Eating Disorder units for times already because of this and I really don't want this time to be it where I have to go in
    I cannot keep living like this
    Because it's not living

338 pounds a month for 6 hours a week seems extortionate for care help Maddy...Is there no way you can get the help you need from elsewhere ? Pay someone privately to do the essentials ? Doesnt seem much point paying for something thats pushing you into poverty when you can get help, privately.
    Have you tried advertising for someone to work a few hours part time who is CBR/DBS checked ?

• I have informed the council and the boss of the care agency that as of 3 November I don't want the council to provide me with care anymore nobody knows this but I'm actually employing someone on a private cash in hand basis that used to be my carer with the last agency I had before it folded

• I want to go to sleep but I can't because I'm waiting on a parcel company coming to collect an instrument to take back to the shop so I can have my money refunded so I can then buy another instrument but I can't buy the new instrument until the money is released from this one
    If it comes to it I will pay for another company to take the parcel to the place that I need to get to and then I will charge the shop for the cost because it's not my fault that they use an incompetent parcel company
    I have fucking had it because this will be the second day if they don't turn up that I have had wasted in the week

• I've not long got home from Aberdeen. It was lovely up there and I fully intended to meander back down to Englandshire slowly, with a couple of overnight stops on the way. However, my bus has no heating, and poor little Dolly couldn't cope with the cold last night.

My satnav died the wrong side of Edinburgh, a real pain, but fortunately, I have a built in homing compass. Since getting home I've wombled a half sized Super Ser gas heater. We won't be cold in the bus again. And yup, I'm aware of all the implications of installing vents, etc. ;)

Fly the collie is going to the vet tomorrow for a check up as her face is misshapen. I doubt it's serious, but needs checking out. If all is groovy, she may be going back up to Scotland. . .

It was good to meet Pyke, and I'm utterly grateful that he parked behind and kept an eye on my bus while I went to the theatre, I'm paranoid about leaving the animals unattended. The Scots are lovely folk though, and I didn't really need to worry, I came back from the morning walk on the beach to find a bag of dog meal tied to my bus door by an anonymous donor. How kind is that?

It's good to be home, but I always miss Scotland when I get back.

• My 1st day of working for an agency..cleaning at a ymca hostel..grim?no..the most polite young men and friendly staff..met a fellow worker,a young irish traveller lass.who we chatted about lifestyles etc.and she said she gets on with "my sort of traveller" than she does her own,due to family feud mentality.so guess we re officially travellers then?lol...just hope they keep me on xx

• My 1st day of working for an agency..cleaning at a ymca hostel..grim?no..the most polite young men and friendly staff..met a fellow worker,a young irish traveller lass.who we chatted about lifestyles etc.and she said she gets on with "my sort of traveller" than she does her own,due to family feud mentality.so guess we re officially travellers then?lol...just hope they keep me on xx

They would be fools not to keep you on, good luck x

• I Took Some Ex Army Surplus Blankets...Wool Socks...Thermal Vests And Longjohns ..Wool Gloves..Wool Hats...Wool Scarfs...Waterproof Ponchos And Drove Around Where I Know The Homeless Peeps Are Near Where I Live And Gave Them To Them To Help Them With The Coldness That Is Creeping Slowly In Now...To Help Them With The Cold And Keep Warmer.

I Chatted For A While With Them Too As Sadly Peeps Often Do Not See Them As People ..They See Them As Nothing ...And When Peeps Do Give Money Sadly They Tend To Just Throw It In There Box Etc And Carry On By Without A Single Word Or Smile ...:(

And Sadly I Had At Least 4/5 Times Was Moaned At:(((
    By So Called "Human Beings" When I Giving Them The Things To Give Them Some Dryness And Warmth From The Cold ..
    "That I Should (STOP) Giving Them Things"!!!!!!!!
    Because In The Eyes And Cold Black Hearts Of These
    "So Called Human Beings" That I Was "Encouraging Them" !!!!!! ...Yep "Encouraging Them"!! ...To Stay .To Be On The Streets Etc Etc Etc "!!!...
    How Cruel..Uncaring ..Mean And Stupid Is That To Say That To Me :((((
    So Off Course "I Just Ignored Them And Carry On With What I Was Doing And Chatting With Each And Everyone Of The Homeless People I Was Seeing And Helping In My Own Little Way ...
    Because A Friendly Smile ..A Few Simple Kind Words Means Sooo Much To Them ...Because They Are "Real They Are Human Beings...They Do Exist...And They Have Feelings And Emotions Like Us All And So Simply Taking Time To Offer Some Few Minutes Of Tick Tock Time Chit Chat Means Sooo Much To Them All....Is What I Say And Believe And Say To The "Unkind Cruel Selfish Ignorant Soooo Called "Human Beings" Who See Them As
    "NOTHING";( ...When They Poke There Uggly Big Busy Body Noses In And Say To Me "Im Encouraging Them":(