How to keep up yoga and meditation everyday?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• :boing:Hey Everyone:boing:

If you do either yoga or meditation, how to do fit it into your day and how long for? What time do you find is best? Is it easier to do a light yoga session focusing on stretching rather than fitness? How did you make it a routine? And what are your best or favourite yoga positions?

I take part in a yoga class every week and at the beginning of the year started doing yoga and meditation everyday, but that has stopped:rolleyes:

I already train 7 days and week and do one yoga and one ballet class a week so find it difficult to find the energy or time to do a little extra yoga and meditation! So whats your secrets?

:hippy:

• What ever yoga you mean, the answer is just do it. Everyday. Yoga in hinduism is for example very much seeking God. In the west my impression it's a fitness thing. As long as you are seeking God, you are doing yoga according to some Sadhu's I've heard talking about yoga.

I do yoga and meditation whenever I can. There is no secret to it, just do it. =)

• We have been doing a Yoga lesson every week when we can, and at home when we feel like it.
    For us it's more a matter of doing it when we feel like it rather than as a fixed thing we have to do every day. If we did it like that it would lose some of what it means to us. If you can see what I mean. It's supposed to make us feel good about ourselves not be a thing we feel obliged to do or feel guilty if we don't do it.

We have also been doing meditation most days, Again when we feel we need a few minutes of peace do regain ourselves not at a certain time each day. As life can be stressful at any time.

• I aim to practice when I'm off work for the 4 days ( I work 4 on 4 off).However,I like to keep a flexible attitude to this,and go with the flow!With meditation,I practice when it suits.Usually early mornings whilst its quiet.I have been known to meditate at work too!

• I aim to practice when I'm off work for the 4 days ( I work 4 on 4 off).However,I like to keep a flexible attitude to this,and go with the flow!With meditation,I practice when it suits.Usually early mornings whilst its quiet.I have been known to meditate at work too!

I meditate at work too, But only before people get in. Don't want to look like a wimp to the other men. :D