What foods do you eat daily?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I always start the day with marmite on toast - a portion of which my cat insists upon having, then anything goes within the confines of a vegan diet. But almost every main meal must be accompanied by potato is some way, shape or form, unless it's a curry with rice - although I try and ensure the curry has potato in it.

• Breakfast : porridge with cashew or hemp milk, blueberries, bananas or strawberries. Some times rye bread homemade with hummus, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. If I hve any leftover of soup from the previous day I eat it for breakfast too, when it's cold outside.

Dinner : soup, chickpeas curry with sweet potatoes, peas, rice, millet, any bean&grains & nuts burgers, salads, bombay potatoes, ratatouille, anything really

As I rarely eat lunch, I have early dinner and then if I am hungry, I have little supper around 7 pm - nuts, bread with jam, green juice

I try to drink every day two cups of fruit and vegetable smoothie as well, you can find there nearly everything what can be eaten raw.

• Ah, and to complement my earlier post, if anyone knows how to have a low carb diet from vegetarian or vegan sources only, please share.

• Vegetables: Many vegetables are low in carbs. This includes tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, eggplant, bell peppers, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
    • Fruits: Berries like strawberries and blueberries can be eaten on a low-carb diet. Depending on how many carbs you want to eat, other fruits may be acceptable as well.
    • Fatty fruits: Avocados and olives are incredibly healthy. They are low in carbs but high in fat.
    • Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are low in carbs, but high in protein and fat. This includes almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts and pumpkin seeds.
    • Soy: Foods like tofu and tempeh are high in protein and fat, but low in carbs. This makes them acceptable on a low-carb vegetarian/vegan diet.
    • Legumes: Some legumes, including green beans, chick peas and others.
    • Healthy fats: Extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil and coconut oil.
    • Chia seeds: Most of the carbs in chia seeds are fiber, so almost all of the usable calories in them come from protein and fat.
    • Dark chocolate: If you choose dark chocolate with a high (70-85%+) cocoa content, then it will be low in carbs but high in fat.
    • Vegetables: Many vegetables are low in carbs. This includes tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, eggplant, bell peppers, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
    • Fruits: Berries like strawberries and blueberries can be eaten on a low-carb diet. Depending on how many carbs you want to eat, other fruits may be acceptable as well.
    • Fatty fruits: Avocados and olives are incredibly healthy. They are low in carbs but high in fat.
    • Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are low in carbs, but high in protein and fat. This includes almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts and pumpkin seeds.
    • Soy: Foods like tofu and tempeh are high in protein and fat, but low in carbs. This makes them acceptable on a low-carb vegetarian/vegan diet.
    • Legumes: Some legumes, including green beans, chick peas and others.
    • Healthy fats: Extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil and coconut oil.
    • Chia seeds: Most of the carbs in chia seeds are fiber, so almost all of the usable calories in them come from protein and fat.
    • Dark chocolate: If you choose dark chocolate with a high (70-85%+) cocoa content, then it will be low in carbs but high in fat.

Ok with that, but if you want to get your minimum amount of daily calories, you'd have to eat a massive amount of the above mentioned, and they'd have way more than the 20g of carbs permitted by a ketogenic diet. Much easier for me to stick to fish, meat, cheese and eggs. Simple foods and nutrient dense.

• Ok with that, but if you want to get your minimum amount of daily calories, you'd have to eat a massive amount of the above mentioned, and they'd have way more than the 20g of carbs permitted by a ketogenic diet. Much easier for me to stick to fish, meat, cheese and eggs. Simple foods and nutrient dense.

Try shivambu kalpa, might be good for you. We don't really need to eat that much to feel good.