What sports and hobbies do you take part in?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I've had a look around and there don't seem to be many of these post around!

So what sports/classes do you do weekly? What active hobbies do you have? And why do you do them?:D

I train 7 days a week as an endurance runner (which includes strength and conditioning i.e. gym work), take one Yoga and one Ballet class a week and have been skiing 14 times[panic]:hippy:

I run competitively, yoga to help my mind, body and wellbeing, ballet..just because I've always wanted to, and skiing because it's awsome:sunflower

What about you?

Emily
    :waves:

• I'm lucky if I find myself running even in my dreams. Then it's only from the Police, where I find it easier to pull over and cut my hair short. After all the Police are looking for a bloke with long hair right. We all fill our lives up with something or other. When I was fit it was never sport as a participant or spectator. I got a buzz hanging in treetops with a chainsaw or taking a motorbike or horse across country. Drugs delivered much of my recreational entertainment along with like minded people. I do take my hat off to those who can keep the training routine up. The mornings you just want to stay in bed hugging that pillow. But your own drive forces you out the door. When work does that to a person, you really do have a job of envy or bills your drowning under.

• I'm lucky if I find myself running even in my dreams. Then it's only from the Police, where I find it easier to pull over and cut my hair short. After all the Police are looking for a bloke with long hair right. We all fill our lives up with something or other. When I was fit it was never sport as a participant or spectator. I got a buzz hanging in treetops with a chainsaw or taking a motorbike or horse across country. Drugs delivered much of my recreational entertainment along with like minded people. I do take my hat off to those who can keep the training routine up. The mornings you just want to stay in bed hugging that pillow. But your own drive forces you out the door. When work does that to a person, you really do have a job of envy or bills your drowning under.

Ace. Indeed sir.

Frame.

• I'm an amateur kettlebell sport lifter 2015 I represented England at the World Championships. I came 4th.

2016 was a write off closing my business etc.

I've been back in training for a week. Ache like hell but hoping in 4 weeks I can scrape by for Team England selection again with the hope of going to South Korea in November.

My training compries a lot of kettlebells, some general strength training and I'm just getting back into running.

I do this for fun 😊