Human Extinction?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• If you could press a button that would end all human life on Earth, would you press it? :eek:

No saving your friends and loved ones, no keeping a bit of space for yourself, no escaping to the stars - you're gonna annihilate every trace of humanity - for the sake of an argument, let's make it painless, but you'll also die. :hippy:

Nature would thrive and flourish again, the seas would replenish, the air would clean up, the ice caps would stop melting and the land would be green again.

So.... ?

• No...i have the right over my.own existence and id happily push the button if my demise helped but ive no right over other peoples lives regardless of the potential benefits to the planet.As a race we have the knowledge and capacity to radically change what we're doing to the planet both individually and collectively and that might be a better way to a solution.Of course if humans were hit with a virulent plague and wiped out naturally id have no.problem with that.

• No...i have the right over my.own existence and id happily push the button if my demise helped but ive no right over other peoples lives regardless of the potential benefits to the planet.As a race we have the knowledge and capacity to radically change what we're doing to the planet both individually and collectively and that might be a better way to a solution.Of course if humans were hit with a virulent plague and wiped out naturally id have no.problem with that.

I like this but on thinking about it I just can't answer yes or no. The greater good is fraught with rights and wrongs but although we have evolved in many ways there is so much about the human race that puts it below the purity and beauty of animals and plants. We kill for fun, we violate our planet in lots of ways, we go against nature instead of with it. The more I think about it the little voice of conscience says yes.

• What would you do Paul ?

• I like this but on thinking about it I just can't answer yes or no. The greater good is fraught with rights and wrongs but although we have evolved in many ways there is so much about the human race that puts it below the purity and beauty of animals and plants. We kill for fun, we violate our planet in lots of ways, we go against nature instead of with it. The more I think about it the little voice of conscience says yes.

True but when you come down to using ultimate solutions like genocide to solve problems that are solveable through more sensible options you just become yet another megalomaniac dictator like all the others.

What we need to do is stop voting ignorant old assholes into government who want to keep exploiting the environment for their own personal gain.
    Theres a growing number of ordinary people who have already realised if you piss in your own goldfish bowl its you it will affect.
    Most people acknowledge we need to be more environment and nature conscious....but we're not in control...the angry old rich white men are....Looking at what Congress just did to vote to scrap the US Environment Protection Agency by 2018
    It doesnt look hopeful.
    We need to rid ourselves of these people if we've any hope of saving the Earth.Vote them out and stop supporting their corporates we buy off who dont care about nature and give them hell...make owning their shares a toxic experience.Support the ones who are environment concious and do a lot for wildlife protection.

Im not worrying too much about humans because the legacy of Fukushima has yet to begin to emerge and its already well distributed around the norther hemisphere and a sizeable chunk.of the Pacific...only a matter of time really when humans start becoming sterile and stop producing offspring or produce deformed offspring unable to survive.
    Then theres the cancers...Nature systems are far better at coping with radiation than humans....buttons wont solve anything

• Yes id press it.we have had our chances many times to redeem ourselves,with informed intelligence and just keep on trashing it all.It would be many hundreds of years before any kind of rebalance ,even thousands,as all the toxins are still all out there.It would be a quicker end than the next 500 years possibly of decline and disease till extinction.I dont think we should morally allow ourselves as a species to spread about into the stars.Maybe we were and earth is our long forgotten terra formed patch that we fled to after trashing the last one.Who would we be saving it for though?So it can just be?Is there some vengence in the mind of button pressers,that bad humans will get their come uppance and egotism in the mind of non pressers?Science says only scorpions can survive longterm the radiation if it goes nuclear.Maybe Paul just threw in a curved ball so we can debate on a global scale and not bicker over trivia.:D

• Right iv got it now.paul really is some special agent or something.waàyyy above the powers that be.and hes had enough.he really has got "the button",and depending on your answers on here is what he ll really do...?yes. Xx

• Unfortunately whales lived in my world,as did tigers and elephants.Creating a small bubble within a different all encompassing reality is called delusion.

Surely, as hippies, we create our own reality through our emotions and actions? If you would vote "YES" to press the button, then surely you have not created a world for yourself that you are happy to live in :hippy:

• actually if you look at Pauls selfie very very carefull under a magnifying glass, you can see where he has badly glued on the edge of his human suit.He looks a bit shifty and lizardy too.:eek:

Right iv got it now.paul really is some special agent or something.waàyyy above the powers that be.and hes had enough.he really has got "the button",and depending on your answers on here is what he ll really do...?yes. Xx

• Unfortunately whales lived in my world,as did tigers and elephants.Creating a small bubble within a different all encompassing reality is called delusion.

Is this world you see the world you truly see? or the world you have been programmed to see, with a few fish thrown in to excite you? :hippy:

• I have the button right here on my desk ... if you're reading this from the afterlife you'll know what I chose. ;)

Blooming power mad Eliteists,you are all the same.
    If you look properly at that button,it states "self Destruct" that`s your own personal self destruction,does not apply to everyone else,just you.

You can try pressing as many buttons as you like/want,but "right on" Human Beings will survive,they are way to important to the Universe to become extinct.

:peace:

• I have the button right here on my desk ... if you're reading this from the afterlife you'll know what I chose. ;)

If you press the button it would mean the end of UKH.
    We all know you won't end it this way.

Unless, of course I am posting my reply from the afterlife...

• Egostism?:D

Blooming power mad Eliteists,you are all the same.
    If you look properly at that button,it states "self Destruct" that`s your own personal self destruction,does not apply to everyone else,just you.

You can try pressing as many buttons as you like/want,but "right on" Human Beings will survive,they are way to important to the Universe to become extinct.

:peace:

• Is this you or me you are taiking about?This is the world I know really is so. as do most travelled ,informed and aware humans.You on happy pills?The fish are not happy.Whilst in your bubble I am sure the fish frolic joyfully,out here in reality,the fish are being poisoned by us.The 600 plus Whales ,adults and young beached last week most dead in n.zealand are thought to have been frightened to beach by oceanic ballistic missile testing,poisoned by chemicals or war is death.

Is this world you see the world you truly see? or the world you have been programmed to see, with a few fish thrown in to excite you? :hippy: