Whats wrong with me..??

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I been wanting to ask this question on here for a little while now but hesitated because I didnt want it to come across as a woe is me kinda post.. its not.. am curious

Most of you will have seen my pics and read some of what I posted and so know a least a little about me, if it has sunk it at all lol

I want brutal honesty here.. I need to know. What is so wrong with me? Why am I so unapproachable? Either real life or online?

Things that people have said are..

...your not pretty in what is deemed to be pretty but there is something about you that makes you pretty... (what that really meant am not entirely sure)..

... you wont get alot of attention because your scary but thats a good thing because only the brave will approach you.... (in that case, the brave men are either gay, taken or dead)

Would love your input because I cant help asking myself this question and where as I try not to let it upset me, it does from time to time.. and just so you know, I have been single longer than I have been in relationships.. so its not a recent/new thing..

• You are too hard on your self , that's what I would say , you seem like a decent human being to me . I was single from the age of 26-39, with out a single date even ! But I was happy like that . Don't worry , don't hurry , and don't forget to smell the flowers on the way :)

Also real beauty comes from with in , you do not need to look like a glamour model to be desirable, looks change , a kind heart is for life :thumbup:

.your not pretty in what is deemed to be pretty but there is something about you that makes you pretty... (what that really meant am not entirely sure)..

... you wont get alot of attention because your scary but thats a good thing because only the brave will approach you.... (in that case, the brave men are either gay, taken or dead)

Beauty is only skin deep, it's whats on the inside that matters. Listening to shallow people who've made comments like these, just ignore them, be yourself and shine. Someone will come along but you must mingle with the right folks first.

• Pretty much as above, ive read some of your posts and you dont seem unapproachable or scary. Youve obviously not met the right person yet, it takes some people a lot longer than others. Maybe you are looking too hard?

I know youve posted before about dating sites, personally i wouldnt use them because i know people who have used then and the feedback is that generally the blokes want sex and the women want looking after. Not saying you are on there for that, but if that is the preconceptions that people have when using these sites it could be why you arent having any success. This could also be why you get negative comments when standing up for what you want.

I think i remember reading about health problems, do these stop you going out for example walking or something? Maybe that would be a better way of meeting someone.

Hang in there, there will be someone out there looking for you!

• Isnt beauty come from within something ugly people say :whistle:

Seriously,you are a babe and you should look in the mirror every morning and affirm it. I am a babe and the world is better with me in it. say it three times a day and believe as it is true.

Your reality starts with you.

Believe in you for you are special.

Love and light

fly xx

• What's wrong with them more like :) Is there a chance that you're following a pattern and making poor choices when it comes to the people you date? If so then it's well within your power to change that and pick decent people who don't say mean crap to make themselves feel better..

• What is up with you today, you are in a mean mood, I mean really what a thing to say.

• I think i remember reading about health problems, do these stop you going out for example walking or something? Maybe that would be a better way of meeting someone.

Yes Rick.. I pretty much live in a very small town surrounded by other small towns and where as I can get out and about ok, its the lack of finances to get me to other places ...

• Emma chance of even a date would be nice lol..

What's wrong with them more like :) Is there a chance that you're following a pattern and making poor choices when it comes to the people you date? If so then it's well within your power to change that and pick decent people who don't say mean crap to make themselves feel better..

• I actually believe that our inner beauty is who we are as people. Our Kindness, mannerisms and how we view the world .. handsome ist fella could cross my path but if he not got that inner thing going on , then his handsomeness just kinda evaporates.... what is ugly anyway.. its only what the media has deemed to be less acceptable .. what is ones water is anothers wine..

What is up with you today, you are in a mean mood, I mean really what a thing to say.

• There is nothing wrong with you CT, you are a beautiful woman inside and out, work on building your confidence and don't listen to negative talk, and that includes negative self talk, walk tall and be happy in your own skin and smile and make eye contact, show the world your qualities because you have many.

Forget the dating sites, join some groups, what passions do you have engage in those, and what about some part time work or some volunteering, meeting new people and changing your perspective on the way you view yourself, and above all else believe in yourself, you are lovely and special, but if you don't believe that how is anyone else going to, self love first, it always starts with you.

Also look at the people you have in your life, are any of them dragging you down, might be time to clear out some dead wood.

• I hear ya DB.. started with some of that already.. :)

There is nothing wrong with you CT, you are a beautiful woman inside and out, work on building your confidence and don't listen to negative talk, and that includes negative self talk, walk tall and be happy in your own skin and smile and make eye contact, show the world your qualities because you have many.

Forget the dating sites, join some groups, what passions do you have engage in those, and what about some part time work or some volunteering, meeting new people and changing your perspective on the way you view yourself, and above all else believe in yourself, you are lovely and special, but if you don't believe that how is anyone else going to, self love first, it always starts with you.

Also look at the people you have in your life, are any of them dragging you down, might be time to clear out some dead wood.

• IC 'Isnt beauty come from within something ugly people say :whistle:'

No . There is no such thing as ugly people , only ugly minds !

Couldnt agree more with you ma :thumbup:

Justa line I remember from a film years ago that made me laugh. and as you may of noticed,I like to share smiley comments and help keep things lighthearted.
    There are ugly people for sure,they are the ones that call people ugly.
    Oh shit,that means I have just called myself ugly [panic]

• I like scary women! Who wants to be ordinary? The best meals are a bit spicy, the best books are the hardest to read and the best horse in the stable is the one most likely to kick down the door of its box.

REAL women are not simpering Barbie dolls, don't beat yourself up C-T, sounds to me like you are sassy. I like that, really do

big hug x

• 'the best horse in the stable is the one most likely to kick down the door of its box.'

Cannot comment on that as we keep our horses stable door open so he can go in the yard , silly fella tends to only go in the stable for a piss on his bedding , as he does not like to splash his hooves in the yard!

• Took me a while but I eventually found a couple of your pictures.

I like what I see ;)

Frame.

• Awww thistle :( dont go down that road!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you & don't you let anybody tell you any different.

People are all attracted to different things. What one person may deem "attractive", another person will not because ... well ... because thats just the way it is!
    Let me explain this better. Take Sandra Bullock & Nicole Kidman for example :) both very attractive in their own way, however, if you was to do a little poll of lets sayyyy 10000 people. You can imagine a lot of different opinions. Personally I think Sandra Bullock is the hotter of the two but not everyone would agree with me see :) some men would climb over her to get to Nicole :) but if Nicole didnt make them feel very special & had an ugly personality then they would stop fancying her & she wouldnt seem so attractive anymore. She would very soon start to look ugly in physical appearance to the person who had climbed over poor Sandra to get there.
    Beauty isn't really about the features you are born with. Thats all just about appearance & holds no substance after about oooooh ten minutes in their company, maybe less.

Plus it doesnt hurt to initially come across as a bit scary, especially in this day & age.
    A man worth his weight in gold would soon see through all that old nonsense.

You also need to understand that there are plonkers aplenty on internet dating sites. Avoid people with tick lists or tell em to shove em up their bum. I would laugh in the face of ANY moron who came at me with a wish list :D I would subtly cruxify the poor bastard.

Be careful what YOU wish for aswell... top tip :thumbup:

• Thanks Roamer.. much appreciated.. and ofcourse your right.. I would climb over George Clooney to get to Tom Hanks anyday.. cos Tom has a fab personality off screen.. :)

Tick lists haha.. yup.. noticed them a plenty too.. and like you I like to have a little play with them before kicking them in to touch..

:) x

• Thanks Roamer.. much appreciated.. and ofcourse your right.. I would climb over George Clooney to get to Tom Hanks anyday.. cos Tom has a fab personality off screen.. :)

Tick lists haha.. yup.. noticed them a plenty too.. and like you I like to have a little play with them before kicking them in to touch..

:) x

You do surprise me :)

When you play likey I play, they are hard to get rid of ;)

• Its where people on dating sites have this list of what they want in a person, how they look, what they do for a living, what they have, size boobs, hair colour plus many more and concentrate on such things so much they dont actually see the real person.... at least thats my take on a tick list lol

What is this tick list business ? I've surely been on a tick list or two, when I've had um , stuff and things on tick .

• What is this tick list business ? I've surely been on a tick list or two, when I've had um , stuff and things on tick .

You dont need to worry about all that :) Youve found me!

Now we just get married & you put all the money in my name & take the bins out.

It's not difficult :rolleyes:

• But does not choosing someone who has tick lists,mean that you are creating your own tick list with that at the top,I am confused now [panic]

Wishing you a great day,and do not forget to affirm that you are a babe :thumbup:

• Its where people on dating sites have this list of what they want in a person, how they look, what they do for a living, what they have, size boobs, hair colour plus many more and concentrate on such things so much they dont actually see the real person.... at least thats my take on a tick list lol

Looked on several sites, even on one and there are a lot who do the tick list but still message me and what they want is different to my profile and picture. If it was a sight impaired site I'd understand it but 'no facial hair', I've a full beard, 'smart', noooo. If I did a tick list I'd want Helen Mirren in combats. :reddevil: but I was only after a pillion. The only hippy chick on there from Sth Wales had a tick list too ffs. Then there's the predators after one night stands............