"Special relationship"

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I kinda like old Trumpy, He is actually the only politician who has actually tried to do, what he said he would... To be fair he was voted in,,, so more people liked the ideas than his oppos.... Just saying :whistle:

He was voted in by the antequated electoral college vote system not the popular vote which Clinton won by a majority.
    Clinton wouldnt have been able to govern effectively anyway because both houses are run by Republican majority.
    Republicans will use him to get through what they want to see done then theyll turn on him.They dont like him they like VP Pence.
    Who is arguably more dangerous than Trump.

Results are here
    Hillary Clinton
    Electoral Votes 232
    62,523,126 Popular Votes

Donald Trump
    Electoral Votes 306
    61,201,031 Popular Votes

270 OF 538 ELECTORAL VOTES NEEDED TO WIN

http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president

• Lol..well weve got 4 years to find out...maybe......what will be will be.
    Weve our own nutters to deal with here.Americans will have to sort their own mess.
    We lived on the verge of nuclear armaggeddon in the 1980's and survived.Its in no ones interest really to start world war 3 that no one can win.

• Trump won under the system they have in the US, its not our system but its the one they use.
    WW3 wont be started by Trump no matter what you think of him, it'll be started by Iran, or North Korea or one of those middle eastern or African whack jobs, and forget about all this crap about Russia, Putin knows in a nuclear war no one wins.

• no its just the sheeple that think they do, for survivalist they think Rambo, which is a common misconception.

• maybe not you personally Ma but people who are dismissive of preppers now will be demanding to be fed, watered and housed just as soon as some calamity hits, a bit like those people post Storm Sandy who were scrabbling about in the dumpsters looking for food because they had none 24 hours later.

• until some catastrophe happens then you'll come running asking to be fed.

I very much doubt it , I have contigency for all but the very wore disasters , ie an atomic bomb landing on my head . I do not need to be prepared I already am , I just do not bang on about it at every possible moment or think I am superior because I am not a 'sheeple' what ever that is . Believe me , you would be stuffed with out bricks and a roof over your head and a wacking great heap of tinned 'food'. How do I know ? Because I have come across your sort in the past , sir , if your brains were dynamite , you could not blow your own hat off !

• I very much doubt it , I have contigency for all but the very wore disasters , ie an atomic bomb landing on my head . I do not need to be prepared I already am , I just do not bang on about it at every possible moment or think I am superior because I am not a 'sheeple' what ever that is . Believe me , you would be stuffed with out bricks and a roof over your head and a wacking great heap of tinned 'food'. How do I know ? Because I have come across your sort in the past , sir , if your brains were dynamite , you could not blow your own hat off !

i'm sorry, you still don't get it.

• Did anyone see the film inferno... Seems interesting I think we have more to fear from viruses that nuclear war. Maybe prepers would last a bit longer but unless you are the chosen few, we are all fucked anyway one way or another.

disease will kill more people post catastrophe then any violence will, did you see the report about dysentery in Essex and up near Stoke?

• Your dammed if you you do, your dammed if you don't, your doomed if you do nowt and haven't got a farm, a flock of woollike's, a cow that's a milker, eggs to learn how to bake, a airiffle to keep crows off of any roadkill that's fallen off pushbikes, cos cars won't run by then, summat to do with no battery. But if you've got a old diesel, you will need a hill on your farm. Oh yeh and a pond to piss in. With reeds to take up the wee wee. if shit does hit fan, I hope our lass is still breastfeeding. I will make a killing after setting up a small tea round on shanks' pony. Might even run a sideline a drop in for starving kids. Well you got to do your bit for charity. Charity is the young well 20 Odd-year old lass from accross the Lane. Her husband is out fighting ISIS or someone really mean she says. He told her very little about it, only the people he wants to kill have beards. That's why I never go round when he's on leave.

• not if, Alice, but WHEN the shit hits the fan, no imports, no pesticides, no fertiliser, the only food will be whats in our larders or growing in our gardens, people that haven't got either will be dead within 3 weeks of eating whats they've got in the kitchen cupboard or freezer, probably even sooner when the leccy goes off.

• disease will kill more people post catastrophe then any violence will, did you see the report about dysentery in Essex and up near Stoke?

I'll do my best to knock em off. Given the chance I want to come out of it well established. I'm talking enough to retire to my own fort, with tools, gear, supplies, medicine, food, to make me and mine safe and sound for the future. It's going to be my only hope of sitting custy in this impoverished existence where I'm better known for scraping with customers for reduced items in the local coop than for having long hair and a beard. 17 week waiting list to see a consultant. You see how quick he his when I put a gun to his missisus head. I've got to be smart and only take what I can use from the properties of those I murder/murders the wrong word. "Help relax" that's what Ill call it. I'm going to really only take what I can use, store, eat and trade, ok a few toys for me. I can't afford to replicate my car-booting habits (giving a home to many old crap) act fast and have a good alibi. Come across as a good-en. Red Cross worker might just do it. I bet our lass could knock me up a uniform on her sewing machine. Better have a trial run. Wear it often around the local area, then folk will really think im kind and up to good when it does turn nasty and Im out on rob.
    Theres a lot to think about with this prepping lark I'm finding. Even preppings a confusing term. I'm going to call it "re-modelling" I must order some of those AA batteries you have to piss in, there's no way I can see me getting those from China after any event. Both my lad and missus are training hard on Fallout4 on Xbox. They already have the hang of shooting people, looking on shelves for items of use. Sussing out who the good guys are and offering them a safe place to kip in exchange for work. We are going to be cool. Just have to sit and wait for it now to happen. I'm not the sort of guy to worry if it does or don't happen thankfully or I would be worse off than the genuine preppers and worse off than the poor bastards I'm going to be hunting out (helping relax) Is there a "help relax" domain name Essex? I'm looking at sharing target address on a easy to navigate forum with other remodellers.

• i don't bother too much about batteries, they never last that long seems to me, all my torches are wind up ones, only got a couple of lanterns with the big batteries in, once they go i'm back to storm lanterns.
    at least I live in a remote part of the country which gives me a distinct advantage.
    I've got a huge stock of hand tools, no point in having power tools when the leccy goes off, get a lot of tools from car boots.i love car boot sales.
    keep it simple is my motto, post collapse its going to be subsistence farming and self reliance, every family for themselves, don't expect help from neighbours cos it wont happen, people are shit these days.

• I'll do my best to knock em off. Given the chance I want to come out of it well established. I'm talking enough to retire to my own fort, with tools, gear, supplies, medicine, food, to make me and mine safe and sound for the future. It's going to be my only hope of sitting custy in this impoverished existence where I'm better known for scraping with customers for reduced items in the local coop than for having long hair and a beard. 17 week waiting list to see a consultant. You see how quick he his when I put a gun to his missisus head. I've got to be smart and only take what I can use from the properties of those I murder/murders the wrong word. "Help relax" that's what Ill call it. I'm going to really only take what I can use, store, eat and trade, ok a few toys for me. I can't afford to replicate my car-booting habits (giving a home to many old crap) act fast and have a good alibi. Come across as a good-en. Red Cross worker might just do it. I bet our lass could knock me up a uniform on her sewing machine. Better have a trial run. Wear it often around the local area, then folk will really think im kind and up to good when it does turn nasty and Im out on rob.
    Theres a lot to think about with this prepping lark I'm finding. Even preppings a confusing term. I'm going to call it "re-modelling" I must order some of those AA batteries you have to piss in, there's no way I can see me getting those from China after any event. Both my lad and missus are training hard on Fallout4 on Xbox. They already have the hang of shooting people, looking on shelves for items of use. Sussing out who the good guys are and offering them a safe place to kip in exchange for work. We are going to be cool. Just have to sit and wait for it now to happen. I'm not the sort of guy to worry if it does or don't happen thankfully or I would be worse off than the genuine preppers and worse off than the poor bastards I'm going to be hunting out (helping relax) Is there a "help relax" domain name Essex? I'm looking at sharing target address on a easy to navigate forum with other remodellers.

I'm not always sure when you're being serious... but I think I want you on my side!
    :flame:[panic]

• I'll do my best to knock em off. Given the chance I want to come out of it well established. I'm talking enough to retire to my own fort, with tools, gear, supplies, medicine, food, to make me and mine safe and sound for the future. It's going to be my only hope of sitting custy in this impoverished existence where I'm better known for scraping with customers for reduced items in the local coop than for having long hair and a beard. 17 week waiting list to see a consultant. You see how quick he his when I put a gun to his missisus head. I've got to be smart and only take what I can use from the properties of those I murder/murders the wrong word. "Help relax" that's what Ill call it. I'm going to really only take what I can use, store, eat and trade, ok a few toys for me. I can't afford to replicate my car-booting habits (giving a home to many old crap) act fast and have a good alibi. Come across as a good-en. Red Cross worker might just do it. I bet our lass could knock me up a uniform on her sewing machine. Better have a trial run. Wear it often around the local area, then folk will really think im kind and up to good when it does turn nasty and Im out on rob.

Love it lol :cool: