"Special relationship"

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• every American I speak to on the forums is glad Trump got elected, no one wanted Clinton.

Quite..no one wanted Clinton but the DNC in its arrogance forced everyone to have Clinton or Trump .Had the DNC acted as a democratic organisation it would have allowed Sanders to run and would in all probability have won a landslide but the establishment didnt want Sanders because he threatens their status quo and insisted Clinton ran....they cant blame Trump for winning the election it was the DNC who actively lost it....and theyre still in denial about who's fault it is.
    Most of my US friends didnt want Clinton or Trump.
    I suppose the only answer is the concept that to rebuild you have to first destroy and thats certainly whats apparent will happen in all walks of American society.Many will be needlessly harmed because hes made it popular to act like a piece of shit to people who are not white or christian Americans.
    Hes absolutely no different to the islamic fundamentalists in the middle east he opposes with so much vitriol.Hes just a Christian fundamentalist but he thinks his fundamentalusm is acceptable becsuse hes rich white and American.

• He could - if he chose and wanted - achieve all his aims of 'making America great again' with strong economic policies and investment in the American infrastructure and measures to encourage US coporates -who abandoned the US to seek cheap labour markets in China and Asia and who caused the poverty in the US - to return and set up shop there giving millions of Americans a job a future and a stake in the country.He does not need to resurrect bigotry homophobia racism or religious intolerance atvall to achieve those economic aims.He chose to resurect those prejudices because theyre his generations 'values ' not the aspirations of younger generations.Hes a President or rich old christian white men.

He said some years ago if he ever ran for President hed run on the Republican ticket because in his words theyre the dumbest people in America theyd follow him everywhere and agree with everything he said.
    Hes proved that right....but im not about to sit quiet and give him the benefit of the doubt anymore than ill sit by quiet while politicians here fuck up our country.Demicrscies only stay democrstic when people subject them to criticism and oppose injustice.Democracy fails when people stay silent and 'give extremists a chance'
    I think.its pretty obvious from his first few executive orders what hes about and its also obvious how unpopular those measures are to ordinary people and the Corporstions who are rising up against his intolerant ant- people policies.
    Hes no more the kindly President of the US with everyones interest at heart than Galtieri or Pinochet were for Argentina and Chile.

I hear you nomad & you are coming from a decent place but you gotta keep things in perspective!

He never "chose to resurrect" that's a cop out & a load of old tosh.

You can't just take the body of trump & lay everybody's shit at his door. The shit has been a long long time in the making!

I find it laughable when cowards dump their loads & point the finger at the next in line.

The Americans voted for him. He didn't just waltz into the whitehouse & put his slippers on.

The vote of the people has to be respected.

It stands to reason that it's not an easy job.

God help em :D

• I hear you nomad & you are coming from a decent place but you gotta keep things in perspective!He never "chose to resurrect" that's a cop out & a load of old tosh.You can't just take the body of trump & lay everybody's shit at his door. The shit has been a long long time in the making! I find it laughable when cowards dump their loads & point the finger at the next in line.The Americans voted for him. He didn't just waltz into the whitehouse & put his slippers on.The vote of the people has to be respected.It stands to reason that it's not an easy job. God help em :D

Yes he did choose to resurrect it becsuse its what ignorant back country Americans feel deep down just the same as deep down a majority of British people are ignorant racists who hate blacks moslems and foreigners but laws stop them saying what they feel publicly.The fact is America has been doing quite well even with all its protections for minorities and the environment for a couple of decades but people have a gripe now because the economy is doing bad all over the world because the banks got greedy.People wsnt someone to blame and he gave it to them and they lapped it up.Hitler did the same in the 1930'.Ordinary folk didnt really like the jews because they did well and ran all the busineses while they themsrlves struggled through the depression so no one cared when he stsrted attacking jews.Thats exactly what Trump is doing blaming Moslems and Hispanics for 'wrecking the country and endangering the American way of life'He isnt for the ordinary American who voted for him hes for the rich corporates..you only need to see who hes appointed in his cabinet and his orders to see where hes going.As it happened the majority popular vote was for Clinton by a few million votes.The electoral college system ensured he got elected.Thats not respecting the vote of the people its a travesty that makes their democracy as much of a sham as our own here.There and i said all thst without being patronising like you were...

• Yes he did choose to resurrect it becsuse its what ignorant back country Americans feel deep down just the same as deep down a majority of British people are ignorant racists who hate blacks moslems and foreigners but laws stop them saying what they feel publicly.The fact is America has been doing quite well even with all its protections for minorities and the environment for a couple of decades but people have a gripe now because the economy is doing bad all over the world because the banks got greedy.People wsnt someone to blame and he gave it to them and they lapped it up.Hitler did the same in the 1930'.Ordinary folk didnt really like the jews because they did well and ran all the busineses while they themsrlves struggled through the depression so no one cared when he stsrted attacking jews.Thats exactly what Trump is doing blaming Moslems and Hispanics for 'wrecking the country and endangering the American way of life'He isnt for the ordinary American who voted for him hes for the rich corporates..you only need to see who hes appointed in his cabinet and his orders to see where hes going.As it happened the majority popular vote was for Clinton by a few million votes.The electoral college system ensured he got elected.Thats not respecting the vote of the people its a travesty that makes their democracy as much of a sham as our own here.There and i said all thst without being patronising like you were...

Oh the irony :rolleyes:

• Lets face it , most people are stupid and do what there told . I am a good example . It just takes a few clever bastards to manipulate the rest.

Its the fear of loss principle,its applied for millenia and even salesmen use it.Tell any group of people someones going to come and take from them their mother/wife/children/house/livelihood/money/life but you can save them....or offer some magical dream or once in a lifetime opportunity then threaten to take it away, people will swim through quicksand for you.
    Emporerers and Tzars knew it, Hitler and Stalin knew it, politicians know it.Salesmen know it,Trump knows it.
    Yes...People are easily duped .

• Post by stinkypete1 ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Sorry...orange is too much of an association with that orange fruitcake dickhead in the white house...may i have pomeganate sunshine please...i thank you
    Peace and stuff...

Green microdot colour for me, crushed or blended. When I read someone telling us about how hippy hippy used to be back in the day that hippy was Hippy because there were too few other classifications to sign up to. I often get reminded of a acid casualty who insisted cutting back the skin on the end digit of the finger and poking a tab of acid into the wound was the best way to take a trip. Talk about Rose coloured spectacles our hippy ancestors were gifted with. I'm sure if they could go back to the days of Enoch Powell, I bet senility has already played tricks with their memories.

• He´s hopefully looking to hang his hat somewhere more suited to his political point of view!

i'm a survivalist first and foremost, and that takes up most of my time that and running a prepper forum, anything else is part time.

• You seem to have plenty of time to troll on here !

don't call me a troll, what ever I say you may not agree with but its what I truly believe what I write.
    and yes I have plenty of time, unlike some I no longer have to do that horrible occupation called work!!

• Whatever the outcome in America, in the UK, in Europe, in he rest of the world. I going to make the most of it, hope all the best for it and care for the rest if it. I'm well into my bite of life. I've worked hard, campaigned long, fought battles on principle, sacrificed lots and suffered some. If rules can be adhered to, truths spoken and issues addressed then it will be a tidier place to inhabit. I'm going to stop getting screwed up over things I can't change outside the ballot box. We cllearly can't please everyone, so if I please myself and those around me, then I will have pleased somebody. Good luck.

• i'm a survivalist first and foremost, and that takes up most of my time that and running a prepper forum, anything else is part time.

So you spend the most part of your life preparing for a disaster and being able to survive it.
    If this disaster happens, and if your preperations were successfull, what have you saved your own life for?
    Are you going to then spend the time preparing for another disaster?

• i'm a survivalist first and foremost, and that takes up most of my time that and running a prepper forum, anything else is part time.

what many won't realise and why should they? Like you hagrid, your efforts, energy and (preparation) does get noticed. Though it's not talked about. People who rise to the challenge do get a visit, invites? You are considered the football star of the disaster squad. People/RICH people and the associated planners have a need to gather information and recruit like minded services. You like me will have private bolt holes shared by government agencies through out the UK. Myself when a civil servent visited sites off maps. Unfortunately I sold my tongue. With the secrets act, the private sector, just required cooperation. No doubt advanced preppers were happy to be selected or buy in for insurance.
    Its obvious a lot of preparation goes a long way. Further than one family could hope to achieve. So even if it's not needed in ones own lifetime, it's a asset for the next on the list. Where will the useless wads of money get those who haven't prepared "in a event" other than cowering in a basement clutching a big bag of dosh in the dark? Skills, knowledge and squirrelled equipment stashes. Will make preppers the VIP at anytime after a disaster.

• So you spend the most part of your life preparing for a disaster and being able to survive it.
    If this disaster happens, and if your preperations were successfull, what have you saved your own life for?
    Are you going to then spend the time preparing for another disaster?

I am preparing so that post collapse I can be self reliant, there wont be any help coming from outside.
    the idea is to survive, adapt and thrive post event, in that order.

• what many won't realise and why should they? Like you hagrid, your efforts, energy and (preparation) does get noticed. Though it's not talked about. People who rise to the challenge do get a visit, invites? You are considered the football star of the disaster squad. People/RICH people and the associated planners have a need to gather information and recruit like minded services. You like me will have private bolt holes shared by government agencies through out the UK. Myself when a civil servent visited sites off maps. Unfortunately I sold my tongue. With the secrets act, the private sector, just required cooperation. No doubt advanced preppers were happy to be selected or buy in for insurance.
    Its obvious a lot of preparation goes a long way. Further than one family could hope to achieve. So even if it's not needed in ones own lifetime, it's a asset for the next on the list. Where will the useless wads of money get those who haven't prepared "in a event" other than cowering in a basement clutching a big bag of dosh in the dark? Skills, knowledge and squirrelled equipment stashes. Will make preppers the VIP at anytime after a disaster.

i'm not interested in being a VIP either now or after a disaster, I prepare so that me and mine can survive post collapse, my only duty is to my family not to someone who cant be bothered to do it for themselves, its not all about stores and gear, but having the skills and knowledge to survive and thrive when all the supplies are used up.

• With your mate Trump in charge the collapse of society may be soon. Hope your American Rambo militia buddies on your preppers site
    will be ready. Makes me glad I'm a senile old freak with rose tinted glasses. Watch out for zombies!!!

• With your mate Trump in charge the collapse of society may be soon. Hope your American Rambo militia buddies on your preppers site
    will be ready. Makes me glad I'm a senile old freak with rose tinted glasses. Watch out for zombies!!!

plenty of people who just don't get it, normalcy bias is an epidemic these days.

• relying on the government or NGO's when society collapses will be no guarantee of survival, the only way is self reliance and self sufficiency, no calling in trades people there wont be any and if there were there wont be any money to pay them with.