Your drawn to a pic of someone and then you discover....

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• them on another site.. one of *them* sites...

Now my first thought is barge pole - wouldnt touch.. but hang on a min.. I see him.. I know who he is.. he is on dating, looking for love but also on another site looking for sex BUT am on that site too.. what does that make me???? Haaa!! Slutty McSlutface?

I know my reason for being there.. and am not spreading my legs for just anyone.. and certainly not sleeping with all and sundry.. but then neither is he probably .. lots of men on these sites that dont get any action..

So.. contact him on dating site and get a knock back cos he thinks your ugly.. then move over to sex site and offer it to him on a plate.. then show him your pick when he is up for it... gagging for it.. then tell him to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? haha..

But seriously.. interested.. how would you feel if you discovered this.. interested in what blokies might say if they discovered a lady on dating site who is also on sex site?

:)

• I'd just think she wants sex, no problem. At least it breaks the ice a bit, if I was to meet up with a woman through a "I want sex site" and then when meeting up she says she doesn't want it I'd be a bit pissed off tbh, if I were to meet through a dating site I wouldn't be expecting anything at all, because that is a more of I'd like a relationship site where you get to know the person for a longer term thing, where as the former is a wham bam thank you mam! - who's next? type of place.

• I think datinging sites on the interwebby are a reflection of all modern things , everyone wants every thing on a plate 10 minutes ago .

What ever happened to the art of genteal dating and courting ? You would go to to the dance/youth club/milk bar/zumba class whatever .Your eyes might meet up with a person that has caught your eye . You smile , they smile back and you look away !!! Maybe later if they or you are a bit pushy /forward , a dance might be asked for!!! You exchange names ,I always give a romantic sounding one , which could potentially cause problems if the relation ship takes off , but I will cross that bridge when I come to it .
    Once you have danced and exchanged names is where it gets trickier moving forward .Alcohol is pretty useful for this , so I tend to carry a hip flask if I am on the look out . Also you can kill two birds with one stone . You will both be very hot from dancing,so you suggest getting a drink .Always make them get it , you do not want to find out they are spongers (like I did eventually with Enrico ).
    A good trick then is to say 'oh! you did not get me any crisps ' While they do this , it is a good chance to pour some rubbing alcohol (cheap!!!!) from your hip flask into their drink . It can make them go a bit temporarily blind , but I see this as a possible bonus .Few more dances and by this time it is probably the end of the evening , but your journey is underway .As you part you exchange numbers (phone box is fine , I used a pub where they new me's number once !).
    This is where the waiting game/ impatience kicks in . It's odd as I always seem to get the wrong number if I give in fist ! So I just wait for the phone to ring :)

• I think datinging sites on the interwebby are a reflection of all modern things , everyone wants every thing on a plate 10 minutes ago .

What ever happened to the art of genteal dating and courting ? You would go to to the dance/youth club/milk bar/zumba class whatever .Your eyes might meet up with a person that has caught your eye . You smile , they smile back and you look away !!! Maybe later if they or you are a bit pushy /forward , a dance might be asked for!!! You exchange names ,I always give a romantic sounding one , which could potentially cause problems if the relation ship takes off , but I will cross that bridge when I come to it .
    Once you have danced and exchanged names is where it gets trickier moving forward .Alcohol is pretty useful for this , so I tend to carry a hip flask if I am on the look out . Also you can kill two birds with one stone . You will both be very hot from dancing,so you suggest getting a drink .Always make them get it , you do not want to find out they are spongers (like I did eventually with Enrico ).
    A good trick then is to say 'oh! you did not get me any crisps ' While they do this , it is a good chance to pour some rubbing alcohol (cheap!!!!) from your hip flask into their drink . It can make them go a bit temporarily blind , but I see this as a possible bonus .Few more dances and by this time it is probably the end of the evening , but your journey is underway .As you part you exchange numbers (phone box is fine , I used a pub where they new me's number once !).
    This is where the waiting game/ impatience kicks in . It's odd as I always seem to get the wrong number if I give in fist ! So I just wait for the phone to ring :)

I can relate to alo of that but am stuck on this 'It's odd as I always seem to get the wrong number if I give in fist !' should I request elaboration ?:o

Ha ha, brilliant, I miss the old days! :)

CT, I think the problem with the internet is that you can find out far too much about a person before you meet/speak to them and create a whole sort of life in your mind without knowing what's real and what isn't. If someone's hoping to meet someone nice/special and so is on one site for that, but also up for no strings fun while they wait for Mr or Mrs Wonderful and is on a different site for that then for me there is nothing at all wrong with it, but I wouldn't want to know? And nor would I feel I had a right to until we'd been dating for a while and had 'the talk' about not dating other people etc etc, because until that point I don't think it's fair to expect someone to be 'committed' when you haven't got to that stage yet, if you see what I mean?

It's happened to me a couple of times with internet dating. I was chatting happily to one guy, we'd arranged to meet, then he sent me a (quite rude) message that started with someone else's name and he was obviously enjoying his time with someone else and had just muddled up who he was messaging. It wasn't the fact that he was chatting to other women that bothered me, we hadn't even met for a coffee at that point, but the fact that I now knew he was chatting like that with other women put me off and I didn't met him in the end. Similarly I'd arranged to meet another guy but for one reason and another we couldn't meet for a few weeks so we kept in touch by email and he kept emailing me about all the other women he was going on dates with. Again, no reason at all why he shouldn't be, but I didn't want to know about it and it put me off.

So personally I don't think there's anything at all wrong with someone looking for sex whilst they're looking for a relationship but equally if I knew they were it would put me off (but that is largely down to my own insecurities and not some moral reason).

• You had a bloke emailing you about other people he was meeting up with!! Wtf is wrong with people!! That's not normal surely? :/

• I think we want to feel special .. I think thats it.. and when we discover things like that we realise we aint that special to them after all ... lol

• I'm not sure why you would be on both sites tbh.Ok maybe you want/need sex,but you'd probably get that anyway,should a "date"work out in time?

• DB - it all went pear shaped.. a few issues.. I think the crux of it was that he was good at thinking about himself .. and what hurt the most, and after me helping him out here an there, feeding him while he was skint (although he did chip in a little) that on his pay day he said he was going to see a mate at the weekend to give us space to think (we had a weeks space by this point) when I would have preferred he came to talk things through .. so I bailed..

what happened to the guy you were seeing CT