Anyone interested in Buying a little patch of land ???

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I'm thinking with the right personality's buying some land or even an old farm could be achievable/affordable, I'm in the mood for the next chapter of life and something along the lines of a small community of individual pitch's where people could come and go from would suit me , I haven't looked through the archives but I'm sure this sort of proposal has been discussed many times but I'm still keen for a repeat , any thoughts?

• Good idea if youve money but existing campsites arent cheap...best option would.probably be buy some land and apply for small campsite license.The camping and caravaning club help landowners set up small.certified sites.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• I guess if a piece of land was bought in some secluded spot surrounded by trees or even woodland where parking was possible within the trees people could come and go pretty low key stealth wise.
    Have to admit im not terribly keen on the idea of sharing spots with non traveller/ hippy folk

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• I'm thinking with the right personality's buying some land or even an old farm could be achievable/affordable, I'm in the mood for the next chapter of life and something along the lines of a small community of individual pitch's where people could come and go from would suit me , I haven't looked through the archives but I'm sure this sort of proposal has been discussed many times but I'm still keen for a repeat , any thoughts?

Hi I would be up for a place where you could park up for a few weeks at a time , I already part own a 5 acre woodland so been there before , how much each was you thinking ? say £5000

• Difficult to say isn't it but at a guess I'm thinking 10-15 k a pop but not looked into abroad

At £5000 a share I would take the risk but not at £10,000 £15000 with people that I dont even know , you must be able to get some land in wales or scotland or abroad for £100.000 £150,000 thats only 20 - 30 shares

• Who makes the rules?Sets the parameters?UKHippy as with all groups of people has persons with wide areas of difference.I wouldnt want to be near hordes of rampaging kids,dogs,cats,alcohol,drugs (apart from pot:D,)tyre burners etc.Who sorts the finances?Involving others means organising,loot and logistics.Could be at the extremes of a "Waltons" whimsey or a" Lord of The Flies" remake.:eek:What I would really like is to have enough loot to get a place to run as a delux elcheapo travellers chill out,then if I get racked off at anything like raves every night,plastic burning,dog poo all over I can tell them to clear off.Does that make me a controlling capitalist pig or just like most of us on here?

• I was thinking more of a ukh and friends campsite, we could buy it between us through a shell company. Loads of benefits :hippy:

Hope this doesn't sound like teaching granny, etc, buts somebody/ies could end up controlling it. It will attract the sort of people who see themselves acheiving that control. As well as the good guys, of course! .You don't want to put all that hard work and coin into a project that eventually you have no say in, and maybe no asset of value either. So you have to be very very careful about your structure, and consult with a variety of people who have established long-lasting communities. If you get it right you can pass the blueprint on... but you won't know for a generation. I admire the concept, the generous principle of sharing, and I wish you all the luck in the world.

• What would be the score on say, a patch of land, say 6 acres, separated into 12 individual plots for 12 people. Would they be able then to rotate from plot to plot for 28 days at a time without getting probs from the council or is that too easy ???

• At £5000 a share I would take the risk but not at £10,000 £15000 with people that I dont even know , you must be able to get some land in wales or scotland or abroad for £100.000 £150,000 thats only 20 - 30 shares

I really don't know what a realistic outlay would be, but it would have to include money for the extra legal costs of multiple ownership I would have to assume that my lovely neighbours would sell their plot to somebody and I'd hope I'd be protected by some ground rules set out in the deeds we all had a hand in but that's the nature of the beast I guess

• I've got 5acres already. But I've got rules & cricket mentions most of them. Maybe we have several dozen plots of land throughout the UK and give the planners and NIMBY's a run fir their money. I'd be into investing in land again, but this time I want/need tree cover too. A adjacent navigable waterway would really push the boat a bit closer too.

• Who makes the rules?Sets the parameters?UKHippy as with all groups of people has persons with wide areas of difference.I wouldnt want to be near hordes of rampaging kids,dogs,cats,alcohol,drugs (apart from pot:D,)tyre burners etc.Who sorts the finances?Involving others means organising,loot and logistics.Could be at the extremes of a "Waltons" whimsey or a" Lord of The Flies" remake.:eek:What I would really like is to have enough loot to get a place to run as a delux elcheapo travellers chill out,then if I get racked off at anything like raves every night,plastic burning,dog poo all over I can tell them to clear off.Does that make me a controlling capitalist pig or just like most of us on here?

Yes things always start with good intentions...reality can often prove something entirely different and not at all what one had envisioned...hey ho...out of my financial reach anyway so not actually something i could seriously get involved in....pot growing would be cool though.

• Is there 12 of us who already own our land and we could do a land parcel swap? Legal fees will be a few grand each, but we know who we will be working with & the lay of the land beforehand. Then we simply move around with the 28day rule and live happily ever after.

• I really don't know what a realistic outlay would be, but it would have to include money for the extra legal costs of multiple ownership I would have to assume that my lovely neighbours would sell their plot to somebody and I'd hope I'd be protected by some ground rules set out in the deeds we all had a hand in but that's the nature of the beast I guess

Hi you will always get doubters and people who overthink everything but sometimes you just got to go for it and take a risk , you only live once you know , I tried for years to get people together to buy land , farms ect but it can be done , we just got 5 people to put 5 grand each in and bought 5/12 acres around 10 years ago, basic rules you want out you get back what you put in no profit , and you have to offer your share back to the group first before offered to anyone else , , , I think 12 plots dotted around the country is a great idea you would only need small plots , but I would still be up for a large place for shareholders only