Update on the Renault Scenic

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I thought I would post an update on the Renault Scenic I bought for the battery. This is for the benefit of those who diss'd me for this decision.

A couple of days ago I sold the alloy wheels plus the spares that were with it for £48. The tyres were taken off and disposed of by a part-worn tyre dealer at no cost to me. I had some replacement steel ones in the garage, so they can go with the car when I scrap it - that saves me the cost of disposing of them.

The battery is working well - so that saved me the cost of a new one. It saved me the time it would have taken to pay a premium price for a new one, and from being later for my MOT slot.

The seat belt bolts are just right for the interior of the Scudo. I'd had trouble in finding these bolts as the pitch is finer than that on standard bolts.

The jack is better than the one in the Berlingo, so I have replaced it.

I've saved the bulbs and fuses.

I've given one of the rear seats and the heater fan to a friend - he did the work inremoving them.

If it is an easy job, I'll repace the seats in the Berlingo, they are dirty and broken.

There are some other parts that may be useful for me.

At the moment, I am down £2 in cash, and have saved time overall because of the delay if I had purchased a new battery. I still have the car to run in for scrap, so I will make a profit on the deal. Sometimes it is better to consider the broader options rather than just taking a conventional ( and expensive) path.

• Still shakes head in bewilderment.

This morning I had a good shit, then had an egg and lettuce wrap for breakfast, then went to the shop and bought a tin of red metal paint, I only needed about 250ml, but for the extra 2 quid I bought a tin twice the size. All you silly people should really consider looking at the long term plan of trying to save money by thinking outside the box like me, now I have all this extra paint I can use for almost no cost.

Really, you don't need to justify and share every single action you take in your day to day life with yet another new thread.

• Post by frame69 ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Why are some members on EL's back? So you don't like the way he did something. So what? Don't read it. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. I don't get it.
    Does it make people feel better to make sarky comments? That's a bit sad really if so.

• Why are some members on EL's back? So you don't like the way he did something. So what? Don't read it. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. I don't get it.
    Does it make people feel better to make sarky comments? That's a bit sad really if so.

I just realised this. Deleted mine ;)

Was a bit unesessary to be honest.

Frame.

• I only posted it because stupid people like you diss'd me LV. The quality of your post indicates that I am probably on the wrong board.

Sorry lad. I mistook her attempt at wit as your second post. :)

Frame.