Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Oh shit we are broke down in Granada, van at dos motors 12 days now still not fixed every day the "the progress report manyana looking forward to the bill not If anyone out there is looking for european van breakdown cover ADAC we would recommend they will sort out the first 3 days hotel taxi etc but dont let them tow you to the dos motors garage in Granada unless you have lots of euros in your pocket to cover hotel bills .ADAC do cover the first three nights though. Tarifa looks very far away at the moment lets hope van fixed soon . Ordered a diagnostic tool from flea bay to turn a warning light off poor old surf board must have cobwebs so near yet so far :S

• Read something the other day about the Spanish police are starting to drug-test people in UK camper-vans. Those on medications for pain (prescription shite) test as having taken opiates apparently, nice easy targets for the Spanish feds, all those oldies heading to the Spain to get healed by the sun :hippy:

• Read something the other day about the Spanish police are starting to drug-test people in UK camper-vans. Those on medications for pain (prescription shite) test as having taken opiates apparently, nice easy targets for the Spanish feds, all those oldies heading to the Spain to get healed by the sun :hippy:

you do have to carry a signed dated letter from your own GP for any UK controlled prescription drugs taken into Spain or YES you can be arrested for possession and driving under the influence of a illegal substance. Unless the prescription drugs are prescribed to you while in Spain. Your GP may charge you for the letter.

• So if I get a letter from my doctor my codein I can smoke as much opium as I like?
    Brilliant. :)

You & me wish!
    My now dead mate was on methadone here in the UK for over 30 years (prescribed). He by then only dabbled in a bit of IV heroin or crack for old times sake. He left the UK, to live in Manila for almost two years. Having managed to stockpile his methadone script before leaving. He didn't declare it on entry. When it eventually it ran out, he got a doctor to proscribe him morphine in large amounts, for very little money.
    Spanish customs are said to be very stringent with importation of medicines inc prescription drugs. Apparently it's quite lucrative to import medicine into Spain and there was a growing black market before the internet suppliers got onboard.
    However, if you can get a letter from your GP, it's quite plausible you can import cannabis back into the UK (small amounts for personal medical use) but risky to try.