• Going for a kip, big day tomorrow. My brother and his mate stripped his bike engine 6 months ago to replace the gearbox then gave up on it. Now none of them have any idea how to put it back together. So I get the job, best bit is they put everything in one box when they finished.

engine rebuilt and fiTted, had it running by 3 o'clock today, think my little bro noticed I was getting stressed at his mate "helping", they went to get food and came back 3 hours later to me sitting in the van . Had got as far as I could with no exhaust. Just got chain fairings and fuel tank to do tomorrow.

• Watching the quality of the feminine six nations clash between Wales and italy before the male version later. Brilliant,get to sing mae hen wlad fae nhadau twice today :D Just opened my first belgian beer of the day.

Its nice being able to park up on a friends farm when I am passing through this area and settin up my satellite dish and leave the door open so that cockney can go for a bimble out in the fields when he feels like it and know that there is no-one near to bother him and him them.

Making the most of catching up with on line stuff too with having wifi out in the van. Hence a few posts on ukhippy this weekend,and lovely it is to spend a bit of time in your company lovely peeps :peaceman:

• Something very strange is going on. I am sat here in the van on a very rainy afternoon awaiting upon the afternoons oval feast between wales and Italy and am enjoying a nice bottle of brown beer made by trappist monks. Now thats not strange you no doubt think and you would be right.

What is strange is that whilst I am awaiting,songs of praise is on the tv behind me and I have been chilling out nicely to the beautiful music that has been on the show.

I used to hate songs of praise !!!!!

I guess that as it is on in the background,I am not listening to any dogma or doctrinated view point and am just picking up on the better parts of it.

It is honestly quite beautiful xx

• members with more than five posts will not see this advert

• Had a great sleep last night (9 hrs),so today went into town,picked up a few provisions,then spent a couple of hours at my allotment.Weather was ok,abit of rain but mild.

• Finished my job with my friend Wozza this afternoon and have now set off from his part of Burgundy. My next job is in ten days down in the Tarn which is north east of toulouse so am going to go down via the Jura mountains,stop for lunch in savoie with friends on friday,then a few days walking in the alps before cutting back across the massif central towards work. Nice to have earned a few euros and spend a couple of weeks with a good mate and nice to be on the road again. I hope you are all doing cool stuff and are even happier than me :D

• I've been getting on with stuff, clearing out clutter , that sort of stuff... loads for the recycling centre piled in the corner of the kitchen, thats just one room down. I am about to tackle the ironing...

Aaand, the water tank is empty..deep joy. Cafe mustve been very busy (they share the water tank) ... the joys of living off grid.

• Been dismantling two enormous ramshackle sheds that blocked the view from the cottage we are doing up.. going to weigh in the big pile of corrugated iron tomorrow and have a mountain of wormy wood to saw up and bag for next winters firewood.
    Ongoing work in the polytunnel weeding and watering. Got Peas Onions Tomatoes Peppers Lettuces Radishes Carrots and a grapevine growing at the moment and tons of other veg propagating and being potted up.

• Just nipped down from the mountains where I have been loving the mix of the fresh green springtime colours set against the lovely white backdrop of snow covered peaks.

Nipped down to a friends bar to watch the local rugby team grenoble trying to get back into the top 14 (1st division). they won :-)

A day of hot sun,stunning views,fresh air,good beer and good rugby. Pretty damn happy xx