Would You Have Sex With Someone Who Has An STI?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• STI's; they are common amongst anyone who is sexually active and hey, people can have sti's without knowing they have it, as there are no symptoms with most if not all of them.

So, what I wanted to ask is, would you sleep with someone who has an STI?

(This is a sensitive issue for some people, so can you please avoid using any offensive language or comments? Thanks)

• No flipping Eckington way would I :eek:
    Just nooooo.
    Not if I knew.

If I didn't know well that's a bit diff. Coz I didn't know :D

That's how it works :) some stuff you know & some stuff you don't.

• No way. When I was a lot younger, 1989 ish. I voluntarily frequented a DDA unit in a nearby city. On the wall was a list of names, all those named on the list had HIV and wanted to continue having sexual encounters. It was a way for them to find sexually active likeminded people, without any further stigma. I thought it was a strange thing to advertise, but some of these individuals had no real hope of recovery and desperately wanted to carry on living as normally as possible.
    Many of the clients that frequented this DDA were also IV drug users, so I guess their life styles would overlap with their illness.

• STI's; they are common amongst anyone who is sexually active and hey, people can have sti's without knowing they have it, as there are no symptoms with most if not all of them.

(This is a sensitive issue for some people, so can you please avoid using any offensive language or comments? Thanks)

Sry too hear about you're STD

So what is it ? are people supposed to answer on the basis they dont know someone had an STI because "hey people can have STI' s without knowing they have (it)"? or on the basis they do know? your question is smbiguous.
    Why do you want to know or expect people to answer ?
    What do you know about STI's anywsy ? Whats STI's are you asking about ? are you including HS1 HS2 HIV in this question ?
    If this and your other questions on sex are based on research for a thesis or journalism article on sex attitudes in the hippy community which it looks like then at least be honest and upfront and professional about it....but you expect everyone else to treat the subject with sensitivity.!

• Damn! I thought she was asking for herself! No offence, please ignore my previous post!

Damn! I usually do, no offence....i just think its pretty off the op parachutes in from nowhere and asks a series of contrived questions on sex mattters
    like a questionaire, its either research or voyeuristic...i dont care about the other questions but i suspect motives for asking this in the way its asked with no anonymity option or indication of whst happens with the 'data' or what the op is trying to accomplish and motives behind it. If its just a simple yes no response required it could have been done with a poll with an anonimity option.If its a personal question to the ops own circumstances thst too could have been asked anonimously.

• I wouldn't voluntarily expose myself no. However if I found out afterwards I couldn't be angry as I should have taken the necessary precautions

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

• NO NEVER!!
    But I know a guy who did once, I went into work and mentioned that I wasn't very happy that I'd heard a recent ex of mine had allegedly caught chlamydia, even though it was 6 months and several partners in-between I was going to get checked anyway.
    Shit!! was all he said, I said oh god are you seeing her now, he said yeah just last night but we aint done anything yet, lucky you I replied, then the very next day he walks in work and says well if I didn't have a dose yesterday I have now!!!!! :eek:

I went for the test and it came back clear, so he said that was good enough for him too, even though the were a fair few cocks up there in between :insane:

• I went for the test and it came back clear, so he said that was good enough for him too, even though the were a fair few cocks up there in between :insane:[/QUOTE] A fair few cocks up where?:baa:Are you talking about a woman?Hole in a tree?Russian roulette.Having sex with a known playaround with no precautions?If your very important parts go green .get scabby and drop off serves you right.A blessing in disguise maybe for the gene pool.

• I went for the test and it came back clear, so he said that was good enough for him too, even though the were a fair few cocks up there in between :insane:

A fair few cocks up where?:baa:Are you talking about a woman?Hole in a tree?Russian roulette.Having sex with a known playaround with no precautions?If your very important parts go green .get scabby and drop off serves you right.A blessing in disguise maybe for the gene pool.[/QUOTE]

The posting is plain and clear, why create an issue ?

james

• A fair few cocks up where?:baa:Are you talking about a woman?Hole in a tree?Russian roulette.Having sex with a known playaround with no precautions?If your very important parts go green .get scabby and drop off serves you right.A blessing in disguise maybe for the gene pool.

james[/QUOTE]

That time of night mate, slurrrp!! :reddevil:

• Mornin'
    I was responding to Cricket's reply, not yours Wurzel, I replied with a quote but it screwed the formatting.
    Your reply was plain, but it seems to be a concern to Cricket, I was wondering why

james

• A fair few cocks up where?:baa:Are you talking about a woman?Hole in a tree?Russian roulette.Having sex with a known playaround with no precautions?If your very important parts go green .get scabby and drop off serves you right.A blessing in disguise maybe for the gene pool.

What do you mean by an issue?

james[/QUOTE]

• to wobbly jim and wurzel...My only "issue" is a women being discussed as if she were just an available hole to poke.I also have "an issue" with fully grown aware adults knowing there is a risk of catching and /or passing on a sexually transmitted disease,but treating it more as a "whoops we are naughty boys"rather than the reality of potential death from HIV.Ive supported people with this.All seems a bit niaeve from presumably fully grown adults.

• to wobbly jim and wurzel...My only "issue" is a women being discussed as if she were just an available hole to poke.I also have "an issue" with fully grown aware adults knowing there is a risk of catching and /or passing on a sexually transmitted disease,but treating it more as a "whoops we are naughty boys"rather than the reality of potential death from HIV.Ive supported people with this.All seems a bit niaeve from presumably fully grown adults.

Your Political Correctness is your business, not mine.
    The "offending" post is plainly put and does not demean women in any way.
    Some people think that by introducing gender into a conversation, it is somehow "sexist" it isn't, it is just more PC bullshit.

Political Correctness is an OPTION that some people choose to adopt into their thinking. I do not.
    Political Correctness is a device designed to stifle debate and obscure realities.

I prefer to deal with facts not memes.

james

• Reply to james...Offence was never mentioned.If you think its okay to refer to sexual relations with a woman.. or anyone... as putting a cock in a hole,clearly you are not as advanced in awareness as you portray yourself.Im not sure what political correctness has to do with anything.I never mentioned sexist either ,you did,Have you ever watched someone waste away with aids?I had the impression that this was a site used in main by aware persons.I do not understand how sensitivety,awareness and intelligence could "stifle" any debate or "obscure realities".Are you using terms you understand or ones you think are cool to throw in?

• None of the behaviour you mention is relevant to me or my comments.

The original posting was a reference to other people's risky behaviour, it neither supported or condemned it, simply reported it.

I was not offended by the original posting, but you appear to be.
    That's your "issue"/problem not mine.

james

• Hole pokers poke holes,risk takers take risks,intelligent people look on and are saddened as clearly our species is doomed.:)

• I agree with that, a very large number of people are utter fuckwits.
    But what are we to do?
    There are several generations of under achievers that will inherit the world and that is scarey.

james