What Makes A Good, Healthy Relationship?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Well said I totally agree, if you love someone distance isn't a problem. We text many times a day, ring every night and are together every 2.5 weeks for 4/5 days and we both have busy lives.

• Well my instincts would kick in, my spiritual mind would know and I could always give myself a reading. Compatibility with my birth sign is important for me, have a lot of air signs in my life

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• You must be unlucky with your human aquaintances, I watch animals being pretty unsavoury with each other all the time. Life ain't kind , but it can be a lot of fun . But hey ho ! :insane::hippy:

what are these "unsavoury" practises of animals of which you speak? most humans are pretty unsavoury to say the least, I have seen what a human can inflict on another of its species and it isn't nice I can tell you.

• what are these "unsavoury" practises of animals of which you speak? most humans are pretty unsavoury to say the least, I have seen what a human can inflict on another of its species and it isn't nice I can tell you.

I love birds, and of the wild ones I particularly love the corvids, crows and their cousins. This does not blind me to the way they will punish infractions. I have seen two jackdaws recently trying to kill a third. I have no idea what the third one had done, but I ended up chasing off the two aggressors. It was not nice to either watch, or listen to; the victim was screaming as a human would scream and I have no doubt that without my intervention he would have been killed. Perhaps he was, later.

We don't generally see other species hurting their own, but the fact is that they do. They fight over territory and supplies, over access to mates. Male monkeys have been seen killing babies which are not their own. Male cockatoos are known to kill their mates often enough. Male dragonflies inflict horrific damage on their mates, as a matter of course. Frogs and ducks commit what can only be called rape on the females.

We are just naked apes, and although our bad behaviour is uppermost in our minds as we see it all the time, we are not so different, except in the scope of the damage we do to our environment; and this is little more than claiming resources.

• what are these "unsavoury" practises of animals of which you speak? most humans are pretty unsavoury to say the least, I have seen what a human can inflict on another of its species and it isn't nice I can tell you.

My dog (Dave) has several of such practices, like skid marks from scrubbing his freckle on the carpet, or spending 10 minutes licking his nads and then jumping up and licking my face...
    We won't go into his foreplay technique with the big fluffy toy duck. (his surrogate mate)
    james

• they are called straights or sheeple...

different things m8. Can be the same person, but the terms are not synonymonymous. You don't have to be a straight (i.e. conformist) to be a sheeple (i.e. compliant with authority), but it probably helps. Come to that, you can be barking yet straight, or for that matter, a sheeple.

• different things m8. Can be the same person, but the terms are not synonymonymous. You don't have to be a straight (i.e. conformist) to be a sheeple (i.e. compliant with authority), but it probably helps. Come to that, you can be barking yet straight, or for that matter, a sheeple.

straights are normally sheeple, it goes together,a straight is a conformist but so is a sheeple, sheeple do like every else does-so do straights.