So it begins! We have now officially started our conversion! Will try and keep this updated and show any progress we make. But I suspect that most of my posts on here will be questions and to ask advice as I've no idea what I'm doing.
We didn't actually get much done today, we threw a few bits out, noted what we will pull out and sell, had a quick clean and pulled up some of the rubber matting. But then the sun got it's shine on, so we decided to go for something to eat and a drink instead :). With this kind of work ethic we will be finished in no time!
We are planning on perhaps selling the horse partitions, the oven, the hobs, the fridge and possibly the water heater (can't seem to get that working).
The floor under the matting looks to be wooden sheets (about an inch thick) mounted on top of what looks like thicker railway sleeper style planks. As I've said before, I am really no expert and I am going into this a bit blind....but is this normal? I was expecting some kind of metal sheet under the sub floor. In terms of the state of the floor beneath the rubber matting, about a 1/4 of it needs replacing, but I wanted to replace the whole lot anyway so it doesn't matter too much. And perhaps the sleeper too, but it seemed pretty solid and uncorrupted.
We've done a few quick layout designs and know roughly where we want things (my girlfriend wants the kitchen sink by a window so she can look out when she does the washing up....which is funny as it's usually me that does it!), but when you have that ramp down and can bring the outdoors into your space, that is something we have to incorporate somehow.
Anyway, here are a few photos of today's small progress :).