Another attack

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• What the hell is wrong with these people who have such a disregard for life! Theirs or anyone else's. Religion and the bastardisation (not sure that is an actual word) of a god has a lot to answer for. Makes me angry and mad!

• I don't get it either. Even in my most fervent years as a believer I don't think I could have been made to do anything like that ... who knows? Thinking of those poor families. How can they ever recover from something like this?

I got a message back from a friend from Nice. She and her aunt (who still lives there) are okay, but she has yet to hear from her cousins.

• I just cant believe the shit that happens in the name of religion, why hate somebody just because they have a different god to worship, some actually have the same idols but with differing views on them, friggin mad the lot of them! Religion is the real root of all evil, when was the last time you saw a headline like "200 Atheists killed overnight by heavy bombing from agnostics in the north"? yeah, never!

Saw this today, makes you think how close to the truth this could be. But it's not just a go at Christianity it is everything and every other religion that stemmed from it.

• Post by likahamadoolihan ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.

• A couple of stabbings and cries of Allan Ackbar in France in a couple of separate incidents today. And , oh yes, an attempted bombing of a crowded , rush hour train this morning in London. Bloody thing failed to detonate properly , so no fatalities just 29 people injured and taken to hospitals , otherwise brave jihadi daeshbag cause much murder and maiming.
    Only 5 jihadi attacks in England this year , 500 daeshbag fighters returned from doing charity work beheading. slaughtering , little bit of rape in the Levant and 23,000 suspected Islamic extremist on the security services radar in the UK.
    Nothing to worry about really

• I don't get it either. Even in my most fervent years as a believer I don't think I could have been made to do anything like that ... who knows? Thinking of those poor families. How can they ever recover from something like this?

I got a message back from a friend from Nice. She and her aunt (who still lives there) are okay, but she has yet to hear from her cousins.

I was reading about the first crusade, when it's said, knights were wading ankle deep in Muslim blood. You can't do that sort a shit and hope it will just be forgotten. Even then it wasn't in the name of any God, it was all about greed.

• Yes but the crusades came about as a result of Muslim aggression and expansion , for Allan's sake they were beaten back from the gates of Vienna on the 9th of September 1683. Egypt ,Persia Spain, Palestine, India. Afghanistan, Indonesia weren't muslim.lands until invaded and slaughtered I to dimmi , jizya paying submission

• Those days were unenlightened when greed, fear and superstition fuelled and enforced by a clever few drove warriors of a sort ie peeps who got where they were by butchery and conniving , to conquer all and sundry with no thought of love and understanding. Little has changed in certain parts of the world although we're slowly getting there.
    Those who look for peace and fulfilment must look beyond that and to quote MG '' You must be the change you wish to see in the world''. We've still got a long way to go and won't get there until the religion created by man is delegated to the history books. :hippy3:

• Quote Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan View Post
    Yes but the crusades came about as a result of Muslim aggression and expansion , for Allan's sake they were beaten back from the gates of Vienna on the 9th of September 1683. Egypt ,Persia Spain, Palestine, India. Afghanistan, Indonesia weren't muslim.lands until invaded and slaughtered I to dimmi , jizya paying submission

Need to make a slight correction here, was a bit drunk last night ( for a change ).
    The muslim armies led by the Ottman empire were defeated and driven back from the gates of Vienna on the 11th of September 1683 , not the 9th.
    This battle was the start of the of the defeat of the Ottoman forces in the Ottoman - Habsburg wars.
    The islamentalist have never forgot or forgiven this defeat and this is the reason why 9/11 was chosen as the date for the twin tower atrocities.
    Multi-Quote This Message

• Ar mate! We are not to within a day or two, but thanks for the informative insight. Now the significance of the 'correct' date is clearer! Much ta! I'm Caucasian, British, partly working class. This Government and to some extent the populous, has over time, several times, pushed my ideology button to breaking position. If I can stand alone throwing stones at the heads of Met Police 1984/85, then I'm sure if our ancestors were to have slaughtered on mass another cultures young and old males. There's no coming back from internal damnation and futile revenge. Let no stone remain unturned and all that!

Has the church ever officially apologised for any 'historic' wrong doings or is it denials all the way?