Being NFA - pros & cons?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I've roughed it in an industrial unit for 2 years trying to rescue my business. I considered myself homeless as I couldnt make it homely.

I'm just moving into my van and have gone from homeless to home owner for about £1k 😊

All this time I've used my brothers address with his permission for my mail, bank accounts etc.

You cant get around needing an address easily.

• Funny you should ssy that..ive just seen an industrial unit on a trading estate in devon converted to part 4 bedroom acvcomodstion part workshop big enough for 6 vans.

Just out of curiosity why couldnt you use your business address for your mail? I used to when i had a unit...yes i went bust too.

• Funny you should ssy that..ive just seen an industrial unit on a trading estate in devon converted to part 4 bedroom acvcomodstion part workshop big enough for 6 vans.

Just out of curiosity why couldnt you use your business address for your mail? I used to when i had a unit...yes i went bust too.

I always thought I had to use a residential address for banks and stuff. Probably wrong but my brother is happy enough. They'd rather I moved in until I get myself "sorted".

I guess living in an industrial area isnt so bad if its in purposeful accomodation.

• That was for my driving license.

One of my mates lives on his business premises (haulage) DVLA argued with him so he sent them a photo of his house in the yard and a copy of his council tax bill...with a terse comment "if i cant have a business address on my license where do you suggest i move my house to ? ''he didnt hear from them again but his license arrived a few days later.

• I always thought I had to use a residential address for banks and stuff. Probably wrong but my brother is happy enough. They'd rather I moved in until I get myself "sorted".

I guess living in an industrial area isnt so bad if its in purposeful accomodation.

Do long ss you have an address thats sll that mstters.Having an address for post and the receipt of parcels is the biggest problem for anyone NFA I use boatmail and have.my post firwsrded where i want but receiving of parcels is (things i buy online) is more problematic...usually have to have things sent to a friends business premises.
    Presumably you cant park your van inside your unit then..?

• A lot of new stuff off ebay and Amazon can be delivered to Argos through Click and Collect. That's something I learnt on here! Private sellers, obviously won't do this.
    As far as banks go, they obviously don't expect to send post for a business to a private address, so they can't mind the opposite.

• I have Amaxon stuff sent to local pickup point (newsagent in town) or post office...argos is too much arseing about to get to or park anywhere near.
    Fleabay stuff i get sent to a friends business address.Banks make rules up to suit themsrlves snd break their own rules when it suits.I tell them only what i need to to ensble me to use my debit csrd.When you ssy i need to talk to someone st my brsnch they ssy 'oh we dont do that anymore its all on computer we dont use brsnch sddresses.'. ...ok whatever!!

• Do long ss you have an address thats sll that mstters.Having an address for post and the receipt of parcels is the biggest problem for anyone NFA I use boatmail and have.my post firwsrded where i want but receiving of parcels is (things i buy online) is more problematic...usually have to have things sent to a friends business premises.
    Presumably you cant park your van inside your unit then..?

Yes I could fit it inside. I did all my welding and respray on the van in there but the main point of the van is to get out of there.

I get a but anxious of people seeing me to regular going out in a morning etc.

• It has often occoured to me there are lots of empty shops that quite frankly could never make it back as shops because the world has changed. They often could be lived in "temporarily" out the back and nobody would be any the wiser.

• Well I use the address of a family member on pension credits . Does not affect their benefits I make it clear thatit is my address but I don't live there

I understand that this may not work equally for everyone

Please could you expand on this and explain how this is possible .....in detail.....because it appears you have found a workaround.

• A job isn't necessarily the job.....the system is closing down.....is it a rhetorical job you are defending or one that exists in reality and is equivalent to your qualifications and experience.

Sure.....minimum wage pisstake is right there in front of our faces.....good for you ......hope that job brings many rewards.

Cough slavery .........ooooohhh.

Go get that job job and I'll come and applaud your heroic effort in favour of the cause(sic)

Why is a hippy site not full of liberals?

Inundated with right wingers!

• There seems to be a lot of anger in your expression of your liberal views Z. This has more of an anarchist vibe than a liberal one (though they are both on the same side of the spectrum).

Anger can only impede your communication with others, as you know.

Hmmm fascinating and pointless observation....

Anger......I wonder why?

Guess I should get back in my box or find pills that will make me a more happy slave.