Meet the neighbours

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• The best thing for the lad to do is to go to a surgery for the homeless for now(cracked but not broke ribs are painful but not the most dangerous thing in the world)they should be able to help/refer. If he's an EU national he'll be entitled to help by the NHS anyways. More often than not that's a communication issue.
    If he's lived in British for long enough to have worked here/has an address here he'll have an NI number. In this case this should suffice.

• The hospitals can't really do much for cracked ribs. They tape them up & chuck you out.
    Same for noses :) bloody horses :curse: I've had both :D

He WILL need rest though :( could take a while to get over. I don't suppose he can afford to be ill Vannie so ... :eek: what you gonna do?
    Oh dear :( poor lad.

• I think it's a communication issue. The request for payment was at the pharmacy with a prescription. He does have a GP, I might have to give him a lift as he's got a dressing on his hand that will need changing. Either that or do it myself. I suppose those years in the St Johns will come in handy!

• I think it's a communication issue. The request for payment was at the pharmacy with a prescription. He does have a GP, I might have to give him a lift as he's got a dressing on his hand that will need changing. Either that or do it myself. I suppose those years in the St Johns will come in handy!

Well you seem to communicate ok with him. Do it yourself & keep an eye on him.
    If I ever come into money I will bung you a few quid for looking after all your waifs & strays.
    My heart goes out to them but hearts aren't much cop really :( feelings don't pay bills.

• Well you seem to communicate ok with him. Do it yourself & keep an eye on him.
    If I ever come into money I will bung you a few quid for looking after all your waifs & strays.
    My heart goes out to them but hearts aren't much cop really :( feelings don't pay bills.

I do think he was in shock and a bit confused when he told me he had to pay for treatment. He speaks some English, his feind who was helping him speaks less. The guy in the corsa and the lad in the van speak the best English. The lad in the convoy camper is Polish and speaks excellent English. Sprinter man is English.
    I speak English and Rubbish. Oh and a bit of French.

• I do think he was in shock and a bit confused when he told me he had to pay for treatment. He speaks some English, his feind who was helping him speaks less. The guy in the corsa and the lad in the van speak the best English. The lad in the convoy camper is Polish and speaks excellent English. Sprinter man is English.
    I speak English and Rubbish. Oh and a bit of French.

I noticed the 'Rubbish' part in this post :) ( feind ) :)

• It's been a busy day. Had to get the lads off the car park before tuesday, and it's quiet on Sunday night so it's a good time to do it. Had to jump start one of them, push another but three of the four are out. The fourth is going to brave it out!! His car is a none runner and on a SORN. The others are now in various places up and down the private road.
    Also, we finally got the extra sofabed out of the lad's van. He now actually has a floor!! He can now dare to use his cooker. This is a good thing :)

• Well that was a none event. I am underwhemled. Nothing happened with the cars that were left. One of the occupied cars is still there. The dumpers are still there. Quite a few of the car dealer's cars are still there too, but about thirty of them have gone. Maybe that was the object of the exercise?
    I'll give it week. Then it will be back to how it was.
    I couldn't sleep so got up at six. I saw the guy that came off his bike, he said he was cold and his ribs were hurting so I went back to the van for a spare sleeveless jacket I had and gave it to him.

• Never mind coffee. He's started smoking tobacco. What's that about FFS??!! Not happy with that. It's a major waste of money he doesn't have.

If it helps keep him off worse things,i`d say let it go.
    Try and get him into Vaping,it`s much cheaper (if you make your own) and much less damaging.
    Smokers smoke for the Nicotine (amongst other things) and die from the Tar,there is no Tar in Vape liquid and no combustion (burning)

• Hmmm vaping that's not a bad idea. I swear he didn't smoke when he first came here. Could he have picked it up at home?
    The lad that came off his bike has given up! He's not working and can't walk to the shops so the smoking had to go.

• If you need more info,ignore the papers and general media,they are pretty much all funded by Tobacco Tax ,Big Pharma and Sugar.

Have a read here,the blog is updated every day through the week,there is heaps of contributers who tell it like it is,

http://vapers.org.uk/in-the-news-october-25th/

More info on Smoking and Vaping for all effected.

There are plenty of very good vaping forums around also,where folks can find help and support.

Search for "vaping forums UK" or where ever you are.

I quite like https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/

Jessica in "The News" section keeps everyone up to date on Vaping stories/actions/protests/petitions etc from around the World.

Good luck :)

<3

• Post by nomis ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • I'd keep away from vaping it's worse than smoking I believe it's more addictive than smoking and far too attractive to children due to all the flavours.

I think it's true that tobacco is much more dangerous if you vape the same amount as smoking but:

All people I know who vape have it in their hand all day every day puffing away constantly at work, home and shopping so instead of being addicted to something that lasts a total of 30 minutes a day they are now addicted to something that they puff on for hours.

I've seen many children in my local area of late primary school early secondary age passing these devices round the group as they smell of bubble gum and candyfloss and as parents think they're safe they don't punish their kids when they find out so many more children in my area have a nicotine addiction than pre vaping.

These devices have been exploding, a friend of mine showed me photos of his destroyed kitchen and it's on the news about hospital admissions when they explode in people's pockets.

Why not just quit it's not too hard it just takes a bit of self control and is probably much easier than quitting vaping which people don't seem to quit they just swap addictions.

2 weeks ago I gave up smoking 50g of tobacco a week and started smoking my pipe again twice a day, this is just an inbetween step, when my pipe tobacco runs out I won't buy any more and I will have given up smoking with very little effort, my lungs feel much better already as you don't inhale pipe tobacco and as I'm only smoking twice a day it will be easy to quit. I'd recommend anyone quitting smoking to ignore vaping and change to smoking a pipe.

Sorry for the long post but I really dislike vaping as a way of quitting smoking.
    If you want to vape then fair enough but it's not a good way to quit and is bad for children.

• This is what`s called "believing the hype" the device explosions have nothing to do with vaping,they have happened because idiots have been keeping fully charged batteries in their pockets without the protection of a case ,shorting out on loose change or keys (some metallic object.
    Or they have been using un-protected "Mods" which have no protection (on / off) on the fire button.

Do your own homework and make up your own mind.

I smoked for 40 years,tried all the quit /help etc and non of it worked,then i found vaping and quit smoking full stop.
    My personal experience.

I make my own Vanilla Custard vape,i have reduced my Nicotine down to a minimum and am already loads healthier that i was,did a 10 mile bike ride last night for instance,when i could hardly walk a few years ago.

Nicotine has some great Natural health benefits,it is no more addictive than Coffee or Tea.

It is proven that children are not taking up vaping in the same numbers as they are taking up smoking.Kids will and do try all sorts of things,that is the nature of being a child or even an adult.

Please don`t spread lies if you have no interest or don`t like,you are supporting ill health and Death.

Sorry to slightly derail a totally great thread.I`ll say no more on this here.

• The lad with the gambling problem asked to borrow ten pounds from me. I had already told him I wouldn't lend him actual money, so I bought him some food instead. I can't see him starve, even if he's spent his money on the fixed odds machines. Hope that's the right thing to do.
    In other news, I hear the lad in the van is looking for a girlfriend. Should I check out any potential lady and ask her intentions? :D

• Sorry if you don't believe me but I have seen alot of children in my area vaping at a younger age than those I see smoking and they don't try to hide it like the young smokers do as the parents don't seem to mind as people say it's not dangerous, while dog walking I walk alot of lanes and quiet areas so I see both

And my main complaint is that most people I know who use them never put them down, they are puffing them in the car to work, all day in the office at break times and probably all evening so they are probably getting much more nicotine than they did when smoking so probably are more addicted than before, it's just swapping one addiction for another, people don't use them to quit which is what they should be for

• Walking the dogs just now I saw the car park security giving one of the car traders some grief. He had a jump pack in his hand so I assume he was trying to start one of his cars and they caught up with him. I still suspect they aren't going to do anything legal and expensive like obtaining possession orders on the remaining cars with notices.

• Wow nomis a bit heavy to accuse someone of supporting death and ill health.Samjosh is clearly very interested and concerned.Bit of a whammy hey.Do you two have prior issues?:SHe is right about the batterys.Lithium especially is very unpredictable at times due to the way they are made ,often quickly and poorly.Children get stopped puffing cigarettes but as people generally see little harm in them children do get away with it far more and it is dressed up in child friendly fumes.Having been in and around kids and schools for many years i know.I will do some neuro research regarding the nicotene about the chemical addiction and the health benefits you mention.You do suggest people make up their own mind but then tell them what to think and pass judgment on samjosh.That is a very wicked thing to do if you are aspiring to sainthood.Maybe a pm apology to samjosh would be in order hey.Keep that halo in mind.:angel:

• Absolutely.Why are you saying sorry?Nomis has publicly accused you of supporting death and ill health.The apology should be coming from him.

Sorry if you don't believe me but I have seen alot of children in my area vaping at a younger age than those I see smoking and they don't try to hide it like the young smokers do as the parents don't seem to mind as people say it's not dangerous, while dog walking I walk alot of lanes and quiet areas so I see both

And my main complaint is that most people I know who use them never put them down, they are puffing them in the car to work, all day in the office at break times and probably all evening so they are probably getting much more nicotine than they did when smoking so probably are more addicted than before, it's just swapping one addiction for another, people don't use them to quit which is what they should be for