Are hippy women pragmatic (bloodthirsty)?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I know we have some strong willed females on this site - bless 'em - and to date I have'nt seen a wrinkled stocking - anywhere.

But I was wondering about the old adage of pragmatism about getting the job done and getting through it all. I don't mean ruthlessness and don't consider that a factor on here - at all. Pragmatism and character strength may mean a high survival factor for men and women.

BUT there is the other side of the coin which may mean there is a tiny amount of (hidden) bloodthirstyness and directness in our dear ladies?

Your thoughts? Are hippies more gentle or do we just tread more softly upon this kind earth?

• Pragmatic? Yes, bloodthirsty? No.

I have managed to live my whole life thinking those two words were not synonyms for each other.

My user name is kinda contradictory.

I am super laid back, very pragmatic and tolerant, will go out of my way to help anyone, but I will rip your fucking head off and eat it my breakfast muesli out of the skull if I or those I love are threatened in any way.

Protective, not bloodthirsty.

• Yea, pragmatic and bloodthirsty are two different words to me with not an ounce of the same meaning. Pragmatic to me is having a system of getting something done and getting on with it. Bloodthirsty is an aggressive word!!
    I am laid back and tend to procrastinate a lot, so things do get done, but only eventually. I am independent and strong, and can (and will) hold my own if people try to shit on me (or others), but I am generally easy-osy and anything goes.

• Yes I am pragmatic, but definitely not bloodythirsty, people that know me - in real life, would say I am too soft, very laid back, I get things done in my own way without anyone really noticing, but I am very pragmatic when dealing with certain people, I look at each situation differently and act and behave accordingly, mainly to keep things peaceful and loving.......

But

I am not a pushover, I can stand my ground and if you hurt the people that I love I will come after you :reddevil:

• pagmatism and bloodthirstiness - but i wondered :hippy:

After reading some posts this morning and thought it would some interest! Perhaps you have to be in that space or maybe didn't enough time to clarify! It iwas an offbeat conjecture or meant to be!

• Actually what a strange choice of words, so is it lets pick on the 'women on here day' because we have brains are independent and don't need a man to survive in this world, feeling a little bit patronised are we from the women on here - oh dear

If anything why don't you comment about some of the men on here that try to play the women off, and I say some not all, most of the guys on here are lovely, kind and genuine but sadly not all, maybe you should make comments about them.

• I like to think I'm pragmatic; I also think this comes with age as I wasn't when I was younger. I've never been bloodthirsty though, gentleness and kindness disarms most people; those it doesn't are people I would rather avoid anyway.

• Actually what a strange choice of words, so is it lets pick on the 'women on here day' because we have brains are independent and don't need a man to survive in this world, feeling a little bit patronised are we from the women on here - oh dear

If anything why don't you comment about some of the men on here that try to play the women off, and I say some not all, most of the guys on here are lovely, kind and genuine but sadly not all, maybe you should make comments about them.

I have not noticed this before, maybe that is just me being a bit slow on the uptake lol, although I have been told about 1 guy who would PM women suggestively or try to get inside their head and put down the woman's partner for his own gains.