Artistic services ?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• So, as most of you guys and gals have seen some of my work on here, I thought Id offer my services.

Whether you'd like some handmade cards, portraits, fantasy art, tattoo designs, wall hangings and backdrops or even decorations on/in your vans, give me a shout.

All work is negotiable on price, with a consultation and step by step updates on progress for alterations and additions.

I accept PayPal if you're in the money way, but I'm also willing to trade for some of your lovely crafts , useful shiny things or services. ( not the best business plan for making money, but that's not what art is about)

Looking forward to hearing from you, working with you and spreading some artsy love about the place xx

• Youve got some talent there for sure,I have been scanning the horizon of late for somebody to make a backdrop, but size / design etc still vague, but like your style.

• Youve got some talent there for sure,I have been scanning the horizon of late for somebody to make a backdrop, but size / design etc still vague, but like your style.

Thankyou hun. What sort of backdrop? UV reactive for an event/ night, or for just a decorative wall hanging? Sounds interesting though, so feel free to drop me a message if its something I can help with xx

• Liked the lizard face - nicely articulated. I wish I could give something like the hare in mushrooms to my lass but it's probably in my taste and not hers. Would like to keep returning to your page.

• Hi oromis. You're up early 😊 firstly, thanks for looking at my work. Does your lass like hares? I'm currently doing a piece with moon gazing hares, just haven't posted up a picture yet 😊 glad you like my dragon. She needs finishing, but I got bored of drawing coins lol x

• I liked the dragon as well. Perhaps she'd like to collect a few chests, a crown or two & some suits of armour? Maybe with a skeletal arm clutching a burnt sword... :D

• I liked the dragon as well. Perhaps she'd like to collect a few chests, a crown or two & some suits of armour? Maybe with a skeletal arm clutching a burnt sword... :D

I've done quite a bit more on the dragon, I put some goblets and strings of pearls about, but a chest and skeletal arm is a good idea, I'm gonna see if I can fit some in 😊

• Thankyou for checking out my page. I've been working a load of night shifts so haven't had chance to upload any updates on my work recently. Glad you like it so far, the Bowie piece is one of my favourites so far 😊 happy new year to you all x

• I don`t have facebook,so find it hard to use,because it`s so slow and clunky.
    Have you looked at other ways of promoting/advertising your work? maybe an etsy shop,blog or something else? i think you should try to get your work seen more by trying other outlets.
    Finished pieces/prints etc,Gumtree,Shpock and pre loved maybe?
    Great work,keep at it and very best of luck.

:)

• I don`t have facebook,so find it hard to use,because it`s so slow and clunky.
    Have you looked at other ways of promoting/advertising your work? maybe an etsy shop,blog or something else? i think you should try to get your work seen more by trying other outlets.
    Finished pieces/prints etc,Gumtree,Shpock and pre loved maybe?
    Great work,keep at it and very best of luck.

:)

I have an instagram account under the same moniker, although I really don't fully understand hashtags, so it made instagram a bit pointless lol. I'm in the process of talks with a graphic designer/ website guy, and so will hopefully have my own website by summer. Thankyou for having a look, especially if it was difficult, facebook is quite annoying as a format even if you're used to it lol. Xx

• Well hello there Whitepoppy - always a pleasure to see your posts... and your art too. :-)

I have a couple of ideas which are used a lot by entrepreneurs online.
    Formula can be extended to artists and anyone else too :-)

1.) Start a facebook GROUP.... You might think this pointless but it can attract a lot of sales
    a) The group could solely welcome art lovers or buyers
    b) The group could welcome members who are involved in the same art techniques/processes as yourself
    c) The group could specialize in teaching artistic techniques

2) Video, video video - thats where its at. Everyone who is anyone is expressing success with videos -
    Youtube
    FB Live
    Instagram.
    Truth is video works
    A link to online marketing statistics
    https://blog.hubspot.com/marke…0br8yk9pz6e8wyhqpjp5i044c

You might need to think out side the box with these videos and your art...
    Let me explain...
    Very few people buy a painting or piece of work based on a video... but ...what they will purchase, is plans, tuition and training in how to create something... So win win - You still get to do art but demos and online courses workshops etc might be the ways forward....
    Here are two examples of artists who have successfully marketed art.

Leonie is a business coach etc but her first passion is art and she turned her artwork into business planners and workbooks for budding entrepreneurs. Check out her link.
    http://leoniedawson.com/2017-workbooks/

The other one is an American guy loves art but found his that he could make money from tutorials in art...
    Here is his video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WclYUYe6k4
    and his website http://www.lostwaxoz.com/

Hope this helpsplay
    Just ideas for you to play about with

• Hi @whitepoppy - did you finish your dragon?

"The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

• Hi @whitepoppy - did you finish your dragon?

Hi Red Dragon. Its not finished, although I did do more on it. It was a piece I was just drawing to amuse myself in a bored moment, so it took a back seat to various commission. You like it? I have a stack of half finished pieces that I keep aiming to finish, but haven't got round to yet, between work and commissions, and festive drinking 😉

If you're interested in a print / the original, id be more than happy to pull her out my portfolio and finish her for you xx