Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• If your in a situation like me , money troubles etc don't forget about the fact your entitled to food parcels swallow your pride peoples ,
    The job centre have sanctioned my money for not letting them know I had started a training course ...so not declaring hours etc.......punished for trying to better myself but forgetting to fill in the forms required to do so. Oh well keep on trying lol

• I hope you're going to appeal against that !

If it was me, I'd be straight off to the local press to highlight the stupidity of sanctioning someone for starting a training course, forms or not. Then on to my MP for an extra turn of the screws.

• From what I understand its not the training they are bothered about its the fact that I've gone over my 16 hours voluntary work and training without declaring it, tbh I'm done with them ,
    I'm signing off I'll find a job under my own steam

• If your in a situation like me , money troubles etc don't forget about the fact your entitled to food parcels swallow your pride peoples ,
    The job centre have sanctioned my money for not letting them know I had started a training course ...so not declaring hours etc.......punished for trying to better myself but forgetting to fill in the forms required to do so. Oh well keep on trying lol

I have been in a 'situation' in the past, but back then they didn't do food parcels that I was aware of (mid 90's) but I used the the food shelter for a couple of feeds when I had no other options. there was no shame but i did feel there were lots of people who were far worse off than me there. I mean I was able to earn money from time to time simply because I was capable and willing to do work and most of if it was cash in hand. I also had a regular place to stay, which helped me get back on my feet.
    Like you I was sanctioned but for not for the same reasons, they left me with £44 a fortnight. which didnt go far even then.
    good on you for trying and remember keep smiling and don't let the B's drag you down

• had a "great" experience with social years back. was working for small printer when i got letter from tax office demanding tax. took my pay slips too them too prove my boss was taking tax. told he wasnt passing it on so i was liable. zeroed my code for 4 years.then the n.i demand came in. same problem he wasnt paying what he deducted.ss told me he was going to be shut down for fraud, both tax and vat and informed me i should leave before i got caught up any further in the mess. i did, they suspended my benefit for 6 months! i argued that i was doing what they had told me, yes, but the law states you quit you get suspended. bunch of tossers hated them ever since!:eek: