Was this a scam?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Made two arrangements to go and see a 'van', after she said just turn up and check it out. But the van could have been there, but not hers! After a 'TotalCarCheck' the free one. the miles came back as 170,000 a lot more the 44,000 claimed. I was on the way to view it and she rang to say it had been sold, sounds like a scam to me!

• There are a lot of vehicles on eBay now that are a scam, I suppose scamming PayPal deposits for those buying sight unseen, they use hacked eBay accounts with loads of positive feedback, eBay seem unable to stop it. . If the seller is lying about the mileage it sounds like you got off lucky.

Or it could have already been genuinly sold to a buyer fully aware of its real mileage.

• My mate had a 'Similar' incident -
    Phoned up in ref to a Transit van,
    Was told he could view anytime in the evenings over the next three evenings by himself as the seller was busy up north at a Funeral.
    Turned up to view, Van was parked VERY TIGHTLY between a Small lorry, and a VW Luton.
    Had a look, Took lots of pictures, done a phone check on the reg, yep all looking good, Deposit payment into Bank and turned up two days later for Test drive and to complete the deal.

Different Van !, (The Plates had been changed on to a good van, and parked in such a way that a picture couldn't be taken of the Front or Back to verify !.
    Then returned to the Crappy van of same model after deposit had been paid)

• Made two arrangements to go and see a 'van', after she said just turn up and check it out. But the van could have been there, but not hers! After a 'TotalCarCheck' the free one. the miles came back as 170,000 a lot more the 44,000 claimed. I was on the way to view it and she rang to say it had been sold, sounds like a scam to me!

Cant see how this wos a scam as they dint ask for money. Ok so the milage wos out but u culd use that 2 bargin wiv. Nulifes one wos a scam cos a deposit wos paid.

• Just a seller who messes about. Sumbody put £s in her hand maybe a deposit cos I see it wos still up for sale an they dint cum back. Serve her rite if she met another messer. I went wiv money to by mine. Drove it took a good look and give the man the money. Fanks an bye. Why mess if ya really want it?
    Plenty more 4 sale. Ya had a lucky escape.