What have you 'Wombled' today?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I found a posh box of chocs in a cupboard today. I have absolutely no recollection of seeing them before, don't know if they were a gift to me, or if I bought them for someone else.

Either way I have been eating them, and they are (were) gorgeous!

it's today's equivalent of the Milk Tray Man. You get a visit at night, while your fast asleep. The 'Tea Trolley Hippy' secretly enters your kitchen, sniffs your Tea Towels. Then he helps himself to one of your finest mashing of tea. After washing up the cup he used, he leaves a box of chocolates. No mystery,
    You just got a Hippy stalker.

• it's today's equivalent of the Milk Tray Man. You get a visit at night, while your fast asleep. The 'Tea Trolley Hippy' secretly enters your kitchen, sniffs your Tea Towels. Then he helps himself to one of your finest mashing of tea. After washing up the cup he used, he leaves a box of chocolates. No mystery,
    You just got a Hippy stalker.

The Tea Trolley Hippy? Love it AW. :D

The one thorn on that particular rose, is that if anyone tries to sneak into the kitchen -or anywhere else in the house- the alarm cockatoo will go off!

I'd love to make myself a drink, but if Cocky realises that I'm awake he will start screaming for attention. :insane:

• The Tea Trolley Hippy? Love it AW. :D

The one thorn on that particular rose, is that if anyone tries to sneak into the kitchen -or anywhere else in the house- the alarm cockatoo will go off!

I'd love to make myself a drink, but if Cocky realises that I'm awake he will start screaming for attention. :insane:

The love you have for your birds knows no bounds. If ever the Tea Trolley Man sees a secondhand teas made gadget at a carboot sale. He will be leaving that at the side of the chocolate, in your kitchen. Just you see. A stalker follows your every move and every typed word. He has probably made friends with your birds or slipped Largactil into the bird feed box by now.

• Bet you won't struggle to give the jam away tho! We used to live next door to a Victoria plum tree, and one year my dad made 60lbs of jam from the one tree. Then our neighbour died and the couple that bought his house cut the tree down to put up a garage. Bugger!!

• Good week this week...

3 x 6 foot lengths 12mm stainless round
    3 x metre lengths 1/2 x 1/8 stainless flat
    big piece of 1 inch stainless mesh
    6 lengths rebar
    loads of pallet wood
    piece of plywood
    load of full lengths of brand new 3x2 framing timber, shame I had to cut it up to get it in the van...
    couple of 6 and 8 inch filleting type knives
    more apples
    beetroot x loads
    aluminium blocks - approx 2x1 foot, 1 inch thick
    some offcuts of that stainless mesh I made my fire guard out of
    gas barbeque with bottle half ish full of gas

• You're good at this Rick ain't ya? So, can you start looking for stuff to build a roundhouse/geo-dome please :hippy:

• Did think of you last week, they were chucking out a load of insulated panels that had been stood in the yard at work, but when i enquired someone else had already put their name to them...

There was a real cheap caravan on ebay for spares local though?

Ebay 122697186116

Edit - also cheap static, ebay item number 132318242571

• Thanks for the thought man, that was really good of you. Dunno about the caravan yet though, we'd prefer to stick a wee structure up instead :hippy:

• I pulled my back last Thursday when mowing, which resulted in getting the wee tractor stuck out in the field for a few days. All weekend I was back in the electric wheelchair. Today feeling loads better. I took the electric trike down a Country lane to feel the breeze. Just before exploring a track Ive never been down, I found a cash register and open cash tray and cash box in the hedge bottom. I did investigate and apart from receipts and plastic cards, all that was worth anything was gone. I saw a old man returning to his car (after his walk) parked across the road. I told him about the find. He said "strangely enough", last week he parked up there and was suprised to see a cardboard box in the car park. He went to move it out the way, but found it was very heavy. There was a old safe inside the cardboard box. Looks like the two finds could be linked. I phoned the police to report it. The police had to come to my wagon to get directions. Seems they find verbal directions over the phone confusing, when coming from a Yorkshire man.

• Caravan gas heater ( old type, not room sealed and no flue! )

Samsung galaxy s3 mini. This has an external antenna port on the back and its going to have a gps tracker app installed, connected to leisure battery and hidden in van. Just need to sort out a sim which doesn't remove any unused data after a month..