Hello wonderful beautiful people
It's only ten days until I leave the States and get back to good ol' Blighty. And guess what I cannot stop thinking about... GETTING A NEW VAN!
Been looking at LOADS of Transits and LDV Pilots/Convoys/400s online. At this present time I am swaying more towards the LDVs but that could change again tomorrow. Got a budget of around £3000 for a new van (new to me, reckon age wise I'm looking for something pre 2001), fixing it up, repairs etc. (got a good mechanic friend who won't overcharge me or 'create new problems') and the conversion. Reckon I will come in under that budget considering I've got loads of things I can strip from my old van and other stuff lying around that I've collected. We all know the costs soon mount up though, so maybe I won't. Either way, that's the sort of moolah I'm looking at spending.
I've been reading back through posts others have put on here about the pros and cons of these vans, different ages and engines to consider etc. so I won't go on about that. Instead, just wanted to give you guys an idea of what I want in the van:
- Place to securely store my bike (thinking some sort of box that I can access from the back doors, storing either horizontally or vertically)
- Wet room (going to have a toilet in there and maybe a shower, maybe some sort of wash stand considering I go to the gym most days so won't always need a fully functioning shower in the van)
- Reliable heating system. Still haven't decided whether I want to go for a wood burner or a proper caravan diesel/gas heater
- Workspace for my laptop/papers
- Bigger-than-single bed, but maybe not a full double
- Kitchen (a couple of gas hobs, sink, work space, storage for fresh foods, coolbox fridge for now)
Reckon that's about all for my wants n needs right now... am I missing anything major? Obviously I'll have space for storing clothes/bedding/food blah blah but am I missing anything else feature wise that I could put in?
Looking forward to hearing your ideas, guys n gals! Hope you're all doing well!