Beard Help.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I'm thinking this is the best place to put this, if not feel free to move it. Decided to give a beard a go, usually have stubble as I only shave if I'm going to work or going out. Anyway off work for 3 weeks so going to see what a beard looks like, been just over a week since the last shave and I'm on a bit of an itchy stage but not too bad, just wondering when you get to the beard stage do any of you treat it different to say your hair on your head. Watched a few youtubes and some wash it when they wash their hair, some wax or oil it, comb it etc so just wanted some added info.

• I know my son in laws quite in love with his beard..but has said beard oil is good for the itchys...lush do one...but dont know much more about them...strangely enough...apart from i know someone who looked quite cute with a goatee...but he wouldnt have it ,lol xx

• You have to remember the colour issue too, dark or even fair hair with a grey beard = looks a bit odd ...... oh - just me then - lol ;)

Not be an issue with me I'll be going the upside down head route, I shave my head and NOT because I'm balding I like it that way for those who think otherwise :whistle: :pp

• but dont know much more about them...strangely enough

Glad you added this as I was picturing bearded ladies :beard: mermaids, minature women, hairy men from darkest Peru and the like with uncle jihad with his top hat shouting roll up, roll up.

• I use the lush shampoo bar on the beard.

Have used the lush ver thingy wax but it doesn't hold the weight of my tache above a certain length, so no edwardian tally ho tache for me on the bicycle :cry:

Run the comb through it almost as often as I comb my hair,
    but I usually leave the flora and fauna to do their own thing.

:beard:

• Glad you added this as I was picturing bearded ladies :beard: mermaids, minature women, hairy men from darkest Peru and the like with uncle jihad with his top hat shouting roll up, roll up.

Im sure he ll be along to confirm the minature women thing...but as to the rest im "quite normal" looking!..well..most of the time lol xx

• From what I vaguely remember, you get past the itchy stage after about two weeks of growth.
    I've had mine, in some form or other, since about 1977 or '78, and never given it any special treatment other than a daily rinse when I wash in the morning. Oh, and if I ever shampoo the hair, which is infrequent, the beard gets some too.
    I trim it a bit more in the summer than in the winter, when it tends to get longer.
    I don't comb mine very often, as it's curly (woolly) so combing can be a bit painful, although I have been known to fluff it out on special occasions. (Still talking about the beard here, by the way).

I would say let it grow a few weeks, see if it's straight or curly, and treat it accordingly. But keep it at a sensible length if you have a practical job - you don't want to go around with an hairnet over the beard for H&S reasons:).

• And then just think ..When it's All Grow You Can Put Two Tiny Braids One Each Side and Put Some Few Tiny Colourful Pretty Pretty Hippy Beads In Them Well Super Cool Clayman And Even Pretty Pretty Colour Dye Too hehehehehe :D
    Hmmm?? Now you know WHY? It Not Be Safe To Let Me Loose Near Anybody With A Cool Beard hehehe...As Before They Know It ...I Pounce Pounce Taking Them Down And When They Be Getting Back Up....They Be Having A Prettyt Pretty Super Hippy Cool Braided Beaded Colourful Groovey Vibezzz Beard :eek:!! Naughtie lil o meez hehehe:reddevil:
    Hahahahahaha Hahahahahaha Hahahahahaha :)))

• And then just think ..When it's All Grow You Can Put Two Tiny Braids One Each Side and Put Some Few Tiny Colourful Pretty Pretty Hippy Beads In Them Well Super Cool Clayman And Even Pretty Pretty Colour Dye Too hehehehehe :D
    Hmmm?? Now you know WHY? It Not Be Safe To Let Me Loose Near Anybody With A Cool Beard hehehe...As Before They Know It ...I Pounce Pounce Taking Them Down And When They Be Getting Back Up....They Be Having A Prettyt Pretty Super Hippy Cool Braided Beaded Colourful Groovey Vibezzz Beard :eek:!! Naughtie lil o meez hehehe:reddevil:
    Hahahahahaha Hahahahahaha Hahahahahaha :)))

If I'm in London i'll bring the beard you bring the beads :)

• Not be an issue with me I'll be going the upside down head route, I shave my head and NOT because I'm balding I like it that way for those who think otherwise :whistle: :pp

Clayman I think men look good with shaved heads :(