Ask a Policeman.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Just had a look, it seems to be just an issue in safari, you tube still works in chrome.

But yeah, sleeping outside of police stations is quite a standard practice when touring a lot of poorer or more crime ridden countries. It was even a suggestion a British consulate made to me when I was planning a north east Africa trip. I have even slept inside police compounds a few times. Just ask.

And as for his comment about sleeping in vehicles being not allowed in the USA. Bollox, it is way more common than the UK and I have done it myself when I lived in the US. Some towns may have a local laws that prohibit it, but stealth camping they would not know anyway, but churches and Walmart lots are usually cool with it openly.

• This is what i'm getting.

Skip navigation GB

UploadSign in

Search

• [h=2]What To Watch[/h]
    • Music

• Maybe youtube banned you after you posted those videos of you making dandelion wine in the nude! Specially where you put those leftover dandelions :eek:

• Wurzel the video is of a guy in Chile who lives in a van who asks the police where he can park his van overnight, the police in the town he stays in that night actually let him park outisde the police station. I was wondering if any of the van dwellers have ever asked a policeman/woman of a safe place to park for the night, maybe a policeman/woman as let them park in the station car park. I know the station in town as an attached car park, don't think it belongs to them and isn't manned 24/7 but other vehicles park on it during the night.

• Ha ha! thanks for that Clayman, hopefully the I.T. guy in work will fix whatever is wrong this coming week... either that or i'll remember to look at it when i'm at home :o

• Using Safari 8.0.6 on a 3 year-old MBP running OSX 10.10.3. YouTube working fine. Can't always say the same for the connection though. Not tried it on the phone.

Interesting video. I wonder what would be the police response here? I suppose it would depend on which officer and their mood at the time of asking.

• Using Safari 8.0.6 on a 3 year-old MBP running OSX 10.10.3. YouTube working fine. Can't always say the same for the connection though. Not tried it on the phone.

Interesting video. I wonder what would be the police response here? I suppose it would depend on which officer and their mood at the time of asking.

That's what I was wondering.

• I find that coppers are like everyone else - there's good and there's bad. There's ones that are having a good day and will do all they can to help, and those who are having a bad day who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
    Kinda like they might be people doing a job?
    Not a job I'd choose to do, but we've be fucked without someone doing it.
    Yes, there are bastards who should never have been allowed in uniform, but there are such bastards in every walk of life.

That's my experience anyhow.

That said; I didn't get a beating at the battle of the bean field.............

• I'm sure if I think hard I'll remember something good apart from the motorcycle policeman who helped push my car out of the way when the universal joint went at the Swiss Cottage traffic lights. However, that act of kindness and common sense is a little overshadowed by the bastard who stole my expensive jump leads, the two pretty cops who tried to set me up for entrapment, the gang who funnelled a CND march into a tight space then ran a wedge through us, the bored one who pulled me over for speeding when he was several cars behind in the queue I was causing through keeping under the limit, the two who dragged me out of my van and started shouting at me when I was working as a builder's labourer, or the one I went to for advice and who got my son excluded from school with two years of his education he never completed. These days its mostly being pulled over at night after finishing a gig. Apparently my black Sprinter was the sort of vehicle "people up to no good" use, as is the little white van I now use. Sorry, but I keep my distance and am very cautious. I live in hope though.

• America seems a lot better set up for van dwelling than the UK.

That guy in Chile tho... he hasn't made any videos since the volcano incident. Probably me worrying unnecessarily but he just went quiet after that.

• America seems a lot better set up for van dwelling than the UK.

That guy in Chile tho... he hasn't made any videos since the volcano incident. Probably me worrying unnecessarily but he just went quiet after that.

I never noticed that, with youtube I usually hit a bookmark or a search then click on another video and so on. Sometimes I'll click on a van video, ten minutes later I'm watching a pizza video.

• Ive been stopped for the type of vehicle ppl up to no good use!
    it was a sing written works van, like im stupid enough to right my name on the van then turn up at your house n rob you!!,
    i know ppl do but its not the same name as it registered too