HOLEE KRAP!!!!!!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Sorry to go off on such a downer but the Tories have got in!!!:( They will make a full frontal assault upon the 'lower orders'. Those of us who collect some form of state relief will bear the brunt of what is to come. It won't affect me but I feel sorry for those who will now find themselves hounded. Personally I can see a point where benefits won't be paid to 'itinererants' as they 'won't be available for work'.

Yesterdays gone, tomorrows a mystery, today's a gift, that's why its called the present.

• Aye I'm in two minds about the whole thing I have some genuinely I'll people I'm my family that will suffer then I have some useless scroungers.who complain there benefits.are cut cos a new game has come out

• SORRY but was there really an alternative, Labour or the Lib Dems would have finished off Blairs ambition to totally ruin the country and carried on flooding it with immigrants, not to mention pumping billions of pounds of our money in handouts (BRIBES) towards the worlds despots under the guise of foreign aid, as a self employed tax payer I don't see why I should contribute to the lifestyle of benefits scroungers or indeed itinerants or especially non British citizens who it would seem are far better off financially than me. As for the Green party after reading some of their manifesto I gave up thinking it was some kind of sick joke

• SORRY but was there really an alternative, Labour or the Lib Dems would have finished off Blairs ambition to totally ruin the country and carried on flooding it with immigrants, not to mention pumping billions of pounds of our money in handouts (BRIBES) towards the worlds despots under the guise of foreign aid, as a self employed tax payer I don't see why I should contribute to the lifestyle of benefits scroungers or indeed itinerants or especially non British citizens who it would seem are far better off financially than me.

I don't even know where to start when it comes to half-baked nationalistic rants like these. :S

• hardly a rant , what parts do you think are wrong, Labour admitted that Blairs policy of flooding the country with immigrants (new voters) was wrong, very little of what is known as foreign aid actually gets where it is supposed to and help the people it was meant to, as for benefit scroungers and I do mean scroungers not genuine recipients well I stand by that , I've all ways had to work for a living so why shouldn't they and we certainly shouldn't be paying out millions in child benefit alone for children that have never set foot in this country

• SORRY but was there really an alternative, Labour or the Lib Dems would have finished off Blairs ambition to totally ruin the country and carried on flooding it with immigrants, not to mention pumping billions of pounds of our money in handouts (BRIBES) towards the worlds despots under the guise of foreign aid, as a self employed tax payer I don't see why I should contribute to the lifestyle of benefits scroungers or indeed itinerants or especially non British citizens who it would seem are far better off financially than me. As for the Green party after reading some of their manifesto I gave up thinking it was some kind of sick joke

Your right, its fucking terrible all these foreign workers coming here n stealing our jobs!!!
    its a disgrace that foreign dentist stopping my teeth hurting, them foreigners filling the short fall in nurses the nhs suffers from, them bloody foreign doctors coming here n helping our sick, them unskilled workers coming here picking veg in he rain for farmers,them foreigners doing the jobs that british ppl dont want to do, its a total fucking disgrace!!!
    Them lazy cunts claiming benefits in his country, they should all go back where they came from
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new…ly-claim-in-benefits.html
    oh hold on they come from here.
    The biggest disgrace off all must be us sending money to places like Nepal, when they had the earthquake n following avalanches. Its a complete disgrace our wealthy country helping out poor country's in times off need. Why should we help them? Its not like they ever helped us fight the nazis or anything like that.

Or maybe the biggest disgrace off all is that our own (british) ppl claim more benefits than all immigrants combined, or maybe the biggest dissgrace is that british ppl think there too good to get of there lazy dole scrounging arses n get a fucking job!!!

• hardly a rant , what parts do you think are wrong

It doesn't even warrant explaining, it's your use of language that defines the attitude. Phrases like "flooding the country", "benefits scroungers" etc. are not political arguments, they're emotive attacks and more suited to the likes of stormfront.

It's language of hatred that bothers me more than the arguments, and as said above, apart from your attack on itinerants (a large proportion of our members including yourself, go figure) there's nothing about this remotely connected with the nomadic lifestyle.

• Or maybe the biggest disgrace of them all is that you think this has anything to do with nomadic living?

I don't, but then I didn't make the original post
    as for this "Or maybe the biggest disgrace off all is that our own (british) ppl claim more benefits than all immigrants combined, or maybe the biggest dissgrace is that british ppl think there too good to get of there lazy dole scrounging arses n get a fucking job!!!"
    totally agree

• I hate the vilification of anyone claiming anything, or coming into this country, or any other marginalised group - if only people would stop and think how they actually sound ... angry, jealous that someone is getting something for nothing, full of blame, and well twisted up inside really.

We're all part of the same 99% - and while people are hating and blaming each other for scraping around the best they can, the rest of the 1% get left to take it all. Divide and conquer.

• It certainly wasn't my intention to bring any conflict with this thread, just to sympathise with those who will feel the brunt of tory plans. As for myself I don't claim benefits of any kind but I suppose there are nomads out there who do.

BTW I'm only a part time wanderer.

Yesterdays gone, tomorrows a mystery, today's a gift, that's why its called the present.

• It doesn't happen very often that I loose my respect for someone as fast or thoroughly as I have done with you full timer. Well done.

Do you really believe freedom is just for those who earned it by being part of a capitalist system defined by your own (or the daily mails) moral standard of who is a scrounger and who isn't. How do Any of the things you mention make you more entitled to a peaceful and free life than anyone else, no matter their employment status or country of origin. If anything supporting people with no job or money with a potentially dramatic personal history is one of the most worthwile things we can do with our tax money. I strongly suggest you pack in your preconceptions and jealousy, probably think about privilege for a while, investigate some things via your own initiative rather then just spouting vile and unfunded Telegraph/Daily Express bile and then come back to us.

PS: As an immigrant I'm really fucking proud to be stealing your jobs and women as you clearly don't deserve them.

• Post by Sir Real ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Post by Sir Real ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • I'm horrified, absolutely horrified at the result. I think the Tory voters are almost certainly mainly made up of the older generation who voted Conservative because they always have done, the rest of the Tory voters are the ones who are well-off and feel "safe". I don't know of anyone of my age or younger who voted for them.

I think that's created a dangerous divide. The government have been put into power by one group or people and yet the workers, the students, the younger people and average joe cannot stand another 5 years of rule by them. The shock of the result made us numb for a day or two but that's giving way to anger now. The people of this country can't take another 5 years of a Tory government!

I could rant for hours on the subject (and I have been) but I know a few of you on here "get it" ;-)

• But of course the result could have been rigged by MI5, especially on the postal vote side. Our Tories could have been learning from those Nigerian chaps. Come to think of it, they may have been teaching those Nigerian chaps....
    Don't you love a bit of conspiracy theory on a Sunday afternoon.....?

Also suggestions below that the Scottish Referendum could have been rigged.
    (They would not have wanted to try to rig the General Election result in Scotland that saw the SNP wipe out Labour, that was to their advantage).

https://telescoper.wordpress.c…al-election-being-rigged/

http://aanirfan.blogspot.co.uk…ral-election-results.html

https://realfare.wordpress.com…ng-2015-general-election/

http://joequinn.net/2014/09/28…l-votes-and-ballot-boxes/

• Telford was the lowest turnout in decades.
    Three elections in one hit:- Parliamentary, Borough and Parish.

The only reason we had parish elections was because we had eight candidates for seven seats.
    Borough election for two seats, choice was from three ukip or three labour and one green. At least we were sure there would not be another conservative block.

Parliament was realistically a straight choice between red or blue.

And the attitude of the young? Why bother? It won't make any difference.
    So more people actually abstained than voted.

The north of town increased his majority by over 1000 votes and over half the votes were for him, but again a very poor turn out.

Not so much conspiracy, more apathy!

• And the attitude of the young? Why bother? It won't make any difference.
    So more people actually abstained than voted.

^ Sadly here lies the irony.

There are so many that didn't bother to vote when they had the chance. Some of which then go on a rioting spree because their not happy with the outcome of the election.