Campinmygarden.com

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• This sort of crosses this section and the travelling section so apologies if this is misplaced. Looking at travelling with van and tent to Europe. Has anyone used this website or a similar one? Seems like if you are not careful it can be expensive as a camp site.

Thanks
    Doug

• The site is campinmygarden.com

I agree the, uk ones seem very expensive, you may as well book onto a 5up site. They are quite a bit cheaper in Belgium etc though.

Lol, don't think my van would tow yours. I don't like buying fuel either. Can't really do the layby thing with 3 adults, 1 child and a dog in a SWB Transit.

• I use it. The principle of Camp in my Garden is not always about it being cheap - its about the privacy you get and pleasure of being able to stay in places you wouldn't even get to know about otherwise. I've stayed in some beautiful campinmygarden places with nothing but nature and wildlife around me and a friendly host nearby to help things along. Its global with over 1300 places to stay. I'm joining in here because I watch out for mentions of campinmygarden.com as I let people stay at my place as well as being a user of the site. Its also a friendly free-to-use website like this one. I ask for £5 for people to stay in my garden because I go to some trouble for them, cut the grass where the tent will go, let them use power, internet and the house facilities and I have to be around to make this possible. I think £5 is reasonable and I know some people charge nothing at all. Some hosts charge a lot more than me (and probably don't get the visitors). I think they may restrict pricing in future. Its certainly generally probably cheaper to stay in a private secure urban garden if you are visiting a city, than staying in a hotel.

• I use it. The principle of Camp in my Garden is not always about it being cheap - its about the privacy you get and pleasure of being able to stay in places you wouldn't even get to know about otherwise. I've stayed in some beautiful campinmygarden places with nothing but nature and wildlife around me and a friendly host nearby to help things along. Its global with over 1300 places to stay. I'm joining in here because I watch out for mentions of campinmygarden.com as I let people stay at my place as well as being a user of the site. Its also a friendly free-to-use website like this one. I ask for £5 for people to stay in my garden because I go to some trouble for them, cut the grass where the tent will go, let them use power, internet and the house facilities and I have to be around to make this possible. I think £5 is reasonable and I know some people charge nothing at all. Some hosts charge a lot more than me (and probably don't get the visitors). I think they may restrict pricing in future. Its certainly generally probably cheaper to stay in a private secure urban garden if you are visiting a city, than staying in a hotel.

Thanks for the input. I agree it is more than just cost. I have seen pictures of some fairly hideous looking commercial sites in Germany! Can I ask do you charge £5 per tent or per person.

Thanks
    Doug