What is your favourite Real Ale?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Ooh Not had the pleasure of trying Special yet but it's on my 'list'. I am a fan of Sharps Atlantic and Doom bar.
    Also a big fan of the Skinners Betty Stoggs and Knocker and of course Tribute. (is there a Cornish Theme here?)
    also partial to a bit of Hobgoblin.
    Woodford's and Adnams have to be drunk if on tap (when I am in the east)
    To be perfectly honest I couldn't narrow it down but If I had to choose one then it would be Betty Stoggs
    Also that my local does a lovely pint of Butty Bach, which always goes down well.
    bet.jpg

• I like the wychwood beers....well,most of them anyway....Hobgoblin, BlackWych is an ace dark beer.

Had a Scottish stout the other day....Belhaven Black...lovely and velvety.

Also like Robinsons Trooper, but not had that on draught yet. My local sells Brains Reverend James which does me very nicely.

• I'd go for a different favourite depending on:

weather outside
    time of year
    time of day
    day of week
    thirst
    mood
    pacing
    length of session
    occasion

Of which each category has their own variables depending on venue, context and the company I'm keeping.

I have trusted breweries that I go for generally. And quite a few I don't go near.

Jennings is a favourite at the moment.

• The British and Ireland Lions have apologised for making the Prime Minister drink a pint of his own piss during a bonding session at 10 Downing Street.
    The Lions touring party was invited to number 10 to celebrate their success in Australia, before asking David Cameron to join them for some celebratory drinks.
    A one Downing Street insider told us, “They made him neck a couple of beers and take his shirt off, which was a little difficult, but he soon loosened up.”
    “But after Manu Tuilagi showed him how to set fire to your own pubic hair it all went downhill.”
    “As he finished a pint of his own piss at 1am to a chorus of ‘Get it down you Zulu warrior’ we had to have a quiet word and remind he had a call with the UN Security Council at 7am this morning.”
    “Yes, he missed it.”
    [h=4]Lions at Downing Street[/h]Manu Tuilagi himself has apologised to the Prime Minister for topping up the pint of piss from his own bladder.
    “It was just a joke, and I apologise if some people who don’t understand rugby think it’s disrespectful to make someone drink your own piss.”

• Betty Stogs is my favourite beer. If you haven't tried it but know Old Speckled Hen, it is - to my taste - similar but even nicer...

I often drink Healey's Rattler cider, which, although a little bland for my taste, at 6% puts a shine on an otherwise dull world...

• Ohhhh so many [panic] :insane: :D

One great brewery we have down here in Dorset is the Dorset Brewing Company. They brew a lovely, refreshing golden ale called Yachtsman - 4.7%, brewed with New Zealand hops so it's got a lovely citrussy smell and taste, but also a toffee/honey like malty taste.

Then they also have a light amber ale called... Dorset Knob :p Very sessionable at 3.9% :D

• I drink ale.

On a regular basis.

I manage a real ale pub that regularly wins CAMRA awards.

We go to great effort to have different beers a often as possible. We have 7 hand pumps and 6 key-keg lines (real ale which is in a keg - but NOT gas propelled).

I would find it impossible to tell you which is my favourite brewery, let alone my favourite ale!

But you'd go a long way to beat Island Brewery RDA - very nice!

• St. Austell's Tribute. We did the brewery tour when we were down that way a few years ago and been hooked ever since. Used to be able to get it in't supermarket round the corner but not seen it for a while. Although I mostly drink homebrew these days...