Hillbilly toilet

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Used to use this style when trucking 30 years ago, used it on the tread plate (wood in my days) behind the cab, couple of plastic sheets hung on by magnetes for privacy between truck and trailer. Kept it all in the bucket with lid on hanging on a hook under the roof spoiler so it didnt rattle about up there when driving. Plastic bags were never chucked out in my house lol

• I used to do something similar, Wiz! But only 10 years ago in my case. Don't intend driving anything larger than our 7 meter plus motorhome nowadays though. Keep on truckin', Toby.

• Nothing is better than a hole in the woods apart from a compost toilet of course. Why would you wrap something decomposable in plastic?

You could take this out and empty it into a hole in the woods when convenient (ha ha), but for ladies who hate being surprised by dog walkers or people who don't want to leave their homes at night I reckon it's a good, inexpensive answer. There are biodegradable bags that you can use too, so I understand.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.

• You could take this out and empty it into a hole in the woods when convenient (ha ha), but for ladies who hate being surprised by dog walkers or people who don't want to leave their homes at night I reckon it's a good, inexpensive answer. There are biodegradable bags that you can use too, so I understand.

Those bags some councils give you to recycle your kitchen waste for compost are biodegradable, (apparently)

• No, I'm not of course. I also drive a great big lorry etc. I just don't like shitting in my truck(makes it smell of shit in my kitchen :( ) or using extra plastic for the sake of putting my shit in a hole in the ground somewhere else. I also work as a binman at times and turds in bins you have to empty is never pleasant.

• on site at work we always used to shat in a bucket, usually in a loft etc out of site then bury it somwhere, aor head down the woods with a spade find a few leaves moss or tear a bit of newspaper/cement bag (the bag had two linings some thick b tards used to use the cementy bit and burn there rings.

An old bloke who was a bit of a sod shat in a bucket and left it, two labourer lads where clearing shat attic one who was aright pain into body building and a general poser said oh look a bucket theres sticks in it he stuck his hand straight in it (the old dude was laughing as me and him where re felting the roof, i said you sod he didnt care, the body builder lab wondered what it was, actually smelt his fingers, of course i got the blame.

• on site at work we always used to shat in a bucket, usually in a loft etc out of site then bury it somwhere, aor head down the woods with a spade find a few leaves moss or tear a bit of newspaper/cement bag (the bag had two linings some thick b tards used to use the cementy bit and burn there rings.

An old bloke who was a bit of a sod shat in a bucket and left it, two labourer lads where clearing shat attic one who was aright pain into body building and a general poser said oh look a bucket theres sticks in it he stuck his hand straight in it (the old dude was laughing as me and him where re felting the roof, i said you sod he didnt care, the body builder lab wondered what it was, actually smelt his fingers, of course i got the blame.

You do know you can hire a portaloo? If it was me working for you i would be going to the nearest public toilet. Its one of the few things i really wish bosses would supply, its not much to ask for.

its disrespectful to the customer having ppl shit in buckets in there house and its disrespectful to the employee expecting them to shit in a bucket.

• Down the coal mine, there was no toilets, or any area designated for use as a toilet. Luckily working environment down a mine was vey dusty. Dust could be several inches deep. Over the years , the accumulation of human shit from say 1200 miners on three shifts became a problem but nature stept in. We had what was known as a shit Beatle live in the dust. The beatle grew to about 3 to 4 mm and had a hard shell. These Beatles were horrible and there could be thousands of Beatles in popular shitting ares. They crawled around in the dust just lucking for a new dump
    And could even climb up the rock walls and steel structures In search of new feacees.

• Post by Rogue Trader ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • You do know you can hire a portaloo? If it was me working for you i would be going to the nearest public toilet. Its one of the few things i really wish bosses would supply, its not much to ask for.

its disrespectful to the customer having ppl shit in buckets in there house and its disrespectful to the employee expecting them to shit in a bucket.

I have a home made toilet well its a purpose built tin hut thingy me and dad knocked up we had a portaloo but the wind took it out, still have the tin hut thing i out a couple of conc pavers down set the tin bog on it set a toilet on it plumb it up and into a manhole and job done, just the old hands and me used to get by either crapping in a bucket, or if working in the sticks or near a wood head into the wood woth a spade dig a hole job done, people are fucking soft nowadays, if in the army you d do the same or on the road cuaght short do the same. got what a going on. ok porta crappers are nice but to be honest most jobs are tiny and what do i do tow a bog round with me all day ffs. The word man up sometimes springs to mind in my head.

I ve about re trained my body over the years to regulary crap on a morning and evening so i hardly crap during the day, im to busy grafting

The mark one thunderbox, (we had for on site now and again) had a chemical toilet thingy basicly a large bucket with seat lid and you put in water and a product called elson blue, it was a strong detergant that smelt like a washing machine, my job on saturday was to empty the bloody thing in the nearest manhole while trying not to throw up.

• I have a home made toilet well its a purpose built tin hut thingy me and dad knocked up we had a portaloo but the wind took it out, still have the tin hut thing i out a couple of conc pavers down set the tin bog on it set a toilet on it plumb it up and into a manhole and job done, just the old hands and me used to get by either crapping in a bucket, or if working in the sticks or near a wood head into the wood woth a spade dig a hole job done, people are fucking soft nowadays, if in the army you d do the same or on the road cuaght short do the same. got what a going on. ok porta crappers are nice but to be honest most jobs are tiny and what do i do tow a bog round with me all day ffs. The word man up sometimes springs to mind in my head.

I ve about re trained my body over the years to regulary crap on a morning and evening so i hardly crap during the day, im to busy grafting

The mark one thunderbox, (we had for on site now and again) had a chemical toilet thingy basicly a large bucket with seat lid and you put in water and a product called elson blue, it was a strong detergant that smelt like a washing machine, my job on saturday was to empty the bloody thing in the nearest manhole while trying not to throw up.

Jesus --- now im convinced the only good idea that come out of Yorkshire was a Tea Bag {lol}

• I have a home made toilet well its a purpose built tin hut thingy me and dad knocked up we had a portaloo but the wind took it out, still have the tin hut thing i out a couple of conc pavers down set the tin bog on it set a toilet on it plumb it up and into a manhole and job done, just the old hands and me used to get by either crapping in a bucket, or if working in the sticks or near a wood head into the wood woth a spade dig a hole job done, people are fucking soft nowadays, if in the army you d do the same or on the road cuaght short do the same. got what a going on. ok porta crappers are nice but to be honest most jobs are tiny and what do i do tow a bog round with me all day ffs. The word man up sometimes springs to mind in my head.

The council tow trailers with porta loos on them, road squads have welfare vans with toilets in them, most small building company provide a toilet or accept that ppl have to go to the public loos. In this health and saftey conscious world we live in its just one of them things, the hire price is included when pricing the job.
    As for training myself, well ive got ibs so its going to be impossible to train myself, im happy if i get five minutes warning before i need to go!!!
    As for shitting in the woods, i aint a bear

oh yeah while i remember, isnt there laws about providing welfare on site?

• The council tow trailers with porta loos on them,

Yea but you got to be like Linford Christie just to have a crap .

Must be long Toilet breaks up there , 5 minutes for a Dump and another 2hrs walking back to work . :beard:

Does anything in life realy matter as long as the Kettles still working .

The post was edited 1 time, last by solo1 ().

• I used the mark 1 thunderbox today, it does the job, ye tend not te hang around on the bog as its a tad cold in there when ye drop ye thermals, bloody customer wants it away its going nowhere till jobies finished (lol)

as i said it has a conc paving slab as a floor and its a hut with a proper old toilet off a job that plumbed in does for me i aint wanting to sit in there a write a bloody novel ffs.

• Aint got a camera phone just have a battered old nokia iam afraid all.

Cant be that bad i lent it to a mate doing up his house, he moaned and moaned about it how shite it was and how you couldnt get in the bloody thing as the door opened inwards etc etc.

Anyway i needed it back for the job i ve just finished due to taking staff on etc, (i usually get by myself i hardly use toilets during the day and generally mark territory behind bushhes etc when i need a pee, (in the sticks theres acres to go at wouldnt dream of doing that in someones garden in a little estate etc)

Anyway strangely he needed it i said well i need it he said he could have knocked up something better, as hes a welder etc, lo and behold i ve heard hes dumping in his klargester tank trying to erect screens up with pallets etc etc.

So ok its not the best but it does the job, it hasnt got rose wallpaper but it serves a blood y function.

Its a classic dunny my dad knocked up out of inch box and corrageted sheeting, it gets hot in summer and is cold in winter who cares people had privys at the bottom of the garden years ago were just soft nowadays.

• Post by Rogue Trader ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Where I was born & lived until I was six. We all had a outside toilet that was across the communal yard. Each house had a brick toilet and a coal house. Some were real lucky and even had a air raid shelter or the remains of one in the back yard. I hated having to go out to the toilet on a dark night. Always spiders that lived in there. And tore up newspaper hanging on string from the cistern. No electric lighting in the toilet either. I think we were the first family in our street to have a internal bathroom with toilet built onto our house. Until I was 5 me, my older brother and my sister, took it in turns to get bathed in the kitchen sink.

• I , :beard: and none of your fancy light bulbs you have now , just 60 Watt in my time .

And none of your high powered Gas out your cooker iether ,

Teddy Boys terrorising the Street , :eek: and Dogs let out to roam wild in packs ready to attack at any moment . :beard:

I think it was safer in Borstal than walking the streets alone .

Does anything in life realy matter as long as the Kettles still working .

The post was edited 1 time, last by solo1 ().