Show off your "home"

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Very nice Wobbly !!! 5-ton gross? 2.7 lump? we love our Hymer. Toby n Suzy Trux.

She's plated at 4600kg and a 2.7 diesel the previous owner has spent fortunes on upgrades, he's put air suspension on front & back too, solar panels, oyster satellite, 2x leisure batteries, big on-board fresh water tank and on-board waste tank, it's perfectly equipped for long term use as well as a breeze for wild camping. best thing is that she's LHD, perfect for abroad.

There is a factory fit pull out bike rack above the tow bar, I'm gonna put a chequer plate box on the back with a gas BBQ and all the field kitchen stuff inside, bacon sarnies in the sunshine.

• Thanks for that, James. What channel crossing are you planning to use ? I ask cos we MAY be heading to Iberia late October; then again we may not. Nothing decided yet. Would be heading for Sierra Nevada, Gib, Cadiz, Faro and possibly Lisbon. Toby n Suzy Trux.

• Thanks for that, James. What channel crossing are you planning to use ? I ask cos we MAY be heading to Iberia late October; then again we may not. Nothing decided yet. Would be heading for Sierra Nevada, Gib, Cadiz, Faro and possibly Lisbon. Toby n Suzy Trux.

I'm not too mobile and I'll have my hound, ferries are too challenging for me, he's never going in a cage and the pet friendly cabins need to be booked months in advance, I know a couple who go Portsmouth to Santander twice a year in an RV plus car trailer with 2 dogs, costs them around £5-600 each way ! so it's the chunnel both ways, adds a few days to the journey by having to travel the length of France but that's not too troubling. Plus the chunnel trains run 3 or 4 per hour so never too much waiting around. The cost of the crossing is so cheap via the train, all sizes of motorhome are the same prices, circa £200 each way, I used to take my Damon over there for that price and she was around 33 foot.

Loose plan is to wander about N/W Spain, slow trickle down through Portugal and around the Gulf of Cadiz. I've arranged to meet a couple of folks from this forum in Portugal. I must get back up into the Sierras too, I've some friends in and around Orgiva that I'll be re-connecting with.

I'm so lucky that I have no time constraints so I can spend as much time travelling as I want to.

Scandinavia is also on the list as is most of the rest of Europe, at some point I'll handing over the choice of my destinations to my Guardian Angels to decide, I'll throw a dice and just go where the angels suggest, that should get real interesting.

Remove the MAY from your intent, change it to WILL and just do it, that would be my advice, else you be indoors looking out of the windows at the British winter and the moment will be gone, until MAYBE next year.

This life is too short for maybes.

james

I'm not too mobile and I'll have my hound, ferries are too challenging for me, he's never going in a cage and the pet friendly cabins need to be booked months in advance, I know a couple who go Portsmouth to Santander twice a year in an RV plus car trailer with 2 dogs, costs them around £5-600 each way ! so it's the chunnel both ways, adds a few days to the journey by having to travel the length of France but that's not too troubling. Plus the chunnel trains run 3 or 4 per hour so never too much waiting around. The cost of the crossing is so cheap via the train, all sizes of motorhome are the same prices, circa £200 each way, I used to take my Damon over there for that price and she was around 33 foot.

Loose plan is to wander about N/W Spain, slow trickle down through Portugal and around the Gulf of Cadiz. I've arranged to meet a couple of folks from this forum in Portugal. I must get back up into the Sierras too, I've some friends in and around Orgiva that I'll be re-connecting with.

I'm so lucky that I have no time constraints so I can spend as much time travelling as I want to.

Scandinavia is also on the list as is most of the rest of Europe, at some point I'll be handing over the choice of my destinations to my Guardian Angels to decide, I'll throw a dice and just go where the angels suggest, that should get real interesting.

Remove the MAY from your intent, change it to WILL and just do it, that would be my advice, else you be indoors looking out of the windows at the British winter and the moment will be gone, until MAYBE next year.

This life is too short for maybes.

james

- - - Updated - - -

dunno how I did that, I was trying to correct an error, sorry folks

• Very cool wagon/spot!
    any clues to the (sort of) location?

Thanks! The seller just chose a local spot to park up and take a load of pictures. It's somewhere near Chesterfield.
    I went down to Bristol to look it over, while the seller was on a campsite, they took it out to Europe regularly.
    It's not been left unused on a driveway for long periods, its been used and so it will continue to be.

• "You know it's getting cooler in the van when your beer stays cold", rainbomama just said that, hehe.

Time to head to warmer climes is calling, UKH meet-up euro-stylee ??? :hippy:

we're meeting up with MrsP, so it could be shaping up to a meet up.
    First one there has to get the local green sorted.
    james

• Local green can take a while to suss! I alerted badduns many years ago and ended up scrapping with them and high tailing out...
    I learned to carry a wee amount when I travel, just to take the pressure off ;)

• Local green can take a while to suss! I alerted badduns many years ago and ended up scrapping with them and high tailing out...
    I learned to carry a wee amount when I travel, just to take the pressure off ;)

Once I get to Spain, it shouldn't be a problem and it's cool anyway in Portugal, France is dodgy with heavy penalties I believe.

• Could be an unlikely UKH Hymer meeting...... !!! Open meeting of course. Saw Mrs P's van in Pembs before they bought it; stunning! And she has only improved it +++ since then. If we are not there give her our love. We have repainted part of ours but I can't post photos on this decrepit I-phone, will probs change it soon cos its slowly but surely dying,closing down. Anyhow, better get back to the thread before I get in trouble, banned from most straight sites, love your new van too! Toby n Suzy Trux.

• I've been faffing with electronics and electrics for a few weeks now. Almost done,
    Every time I took a panel off, I found Heath Robinson wiring that just had to be replaced.
    4 previous owners and not one of them had a proper crimp tool. ffs.

Bought a big ally tool chest type of jobbie and a plancha type gas griddle.
    This is fixed onto the existing Hymer motorbike rack, a fairly easy installation.
    All the kitchen paraphernalia will go out in the toolchest too so more space in the kitchen cubbyholes.

I'll be fixing the griddle into the toolchest to give me the basis of an outdoor kitchen and use the existing BBQ point.

Griddled fresh sardines drizzled in olive oil, under the Iberian sunshine, coming up.

Couple more weeks should have me moved in proper and then we can start to wear out the tyres...
    That's what tyres are for - right?