Some of you may remember me saying that I was going to buy a Ford Escort van and convert that... well, scrap that plan! I have bought a 2002 Citroen C 15 van instead! I love how simple and faff-free it is... no modern luxuries like electric windows or central locking here! (Fewer things to go wrong, in my book!)
So, here he is. (I think it's a boy.... ) This is just about how I bought him two days ago, but I've taken the diesel soaked carpet out of the back and given it a very quick brush to get most of the dust/wood/stones out!
Like I said he is a 2002 model, the number plate is a private one that I'm waiting for someone to put on retention. After that he goes back to his standard xx02 xxx plate.
Now... I know what some of you are thinking... he's SMALL! Well, I'm small. And I'm going to be living out of him, not in him, and I don't really have much stuff to bring with me at all! I've tested lying down and it's going to be a tight fit but it's a fit all the same. I'm actually looking forward to the challenge of finding out ways to make the most of this little space.
So, my job list for the coming few days:
1. Give him a THOROUGH clean.
2. Insulation (still thinking about the best way to approach this one).
3. Carpeting out the back floor and possibly walls. I might find some form of flexy plastic to line the walls with.
4. Privacy: boards for the back windows, black out curtains for over the bulkhead.
5. Lighting: the current lighting (one light on the rear wall, one over the bulkhead) runs off the battery and that's no good for camping so I need to rewire that either to a leisure battery or remove it altogether and install new lights. I really want to line the ceiling with fairy lights!
These are my immediate jobs. After that I'm going to be thinking about putting in some sort of bed (with storage underneath) and all the other essentials...
I'm going to blog my progress on here so will write up a more thorough introduction to him and keep track of all my jobs.
Watch this space!