Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Ahh bless em!, we re looking, but too far for us really, hope they find new homes soon.a friend from bury st edmonds area said, when she came up a few weeks ago, a local animal rescue near her are getting so many black, mainly kittens, so many to make it noticable, is there an explosion of black kittens, or is there some wierd thinking going on that black cats are bad omen or something?local news done a piece on it!strange x

• Ahh bless em!, we re looking, but too far for us really, hope they find new homes soon.a friend from bury st edmonds area said, when she came up a few weeks ago, a local animal rescue near her are getting so many black, mainly kittens, so many to make it noticable, is there an explosion of black kittens, or is there some wierd thinking going on that black cats are bad omen or something?local news done a piece on it!strange x

On our local Cats Protection page, they commented that black cats don't get adopted often. Its so sad. We have a black kitten and he is the cutest little thing.

• Our Libs and Daisy are both from rescue centres. So were our other cats Fred, Smudge, Spud (all black) and Jess. Hamish we fostered for a friend.
    I just don't get what sort of mentality makes someone dump an animal, if I start talking about it I may start enunciating expletives in a very unladylike manner - just don't get it at all. If you haven't the money to care for an animal take it to a rescue centre but don't dump it.

• Black cats and dogs have always been the hardest colour to rehome, even before the selfie craze started. Some people see them as unlucky, and I guess they're often overlooked in favour of more 'interesting' colours :(

As a child, I had a black cat and a black dog and they were both lovely. In the future i'd like to adopt a black Staffie (which happens to be the hardest breed to find homes for, as well as the hardest colour!), I love black dogs :wub:

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.