Parkups and dogging

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• So hands up who's had experiences with doggers.
    Thought id have an easy park up tonight out of the way on a layby situated a way back behind some trees away from the noise of the main road.
    Really nice night with some good grub and a couple of whiskey and cokes, my program ends and I realise it's awfully bright outside (only have my laptop on)
    Go to inspect out of the window and there is around 5 cars parked up
    Obviously, as I've had this before I know instantly it's doggers.
    Now I don't mind what people do with their sex lives so I always leave them to it as long as they don't make a mess and stay to themselves
    But on this occasion
    I look out of my front window, and what do I see but an overweight fat guy in a bright pink wig and nothing else but stockings and a tutu whacking one off in front if his flashing hazard lights

This my friends
    Is the last time im using this layby haha

• We've been mistaken for doggers while getting changed in laybys after late caving trips. And on Mountain Rescue exercises we've had doggers turn up, see all of us lot and drive away again sharpish but never an experience like that.

• I've had it before a few times - one night I was actually getting jiggy with a girl down at Beachy Head in East Sussex. I was in my old VW bus, curtains closed and not really taking much notice of the outside world. Yeah the van was rocking, but up to that point it had been deserted.

Anyway, a little while later we were getting ready to head back, but as we opened the curtains an abundance of cars all started flashing their headlights at us :D

Another one at a different time in a different van we had someone peering closely through the window while we were just laying in bed. :eek:

• Ive had similar problems as most of you ,
    But i often wondered what would happen to some if they tried to annoy the wrong type of traveller .

Maybe have to pay some type of tarrif before being told to bugger off . ?

• I've had police come and ask us what we were doing, because the brake light of the car was flashing on and off repeatedly. But when he looked through the window and saw we were just eating pizza, he left us in peace. My long legged friend in the driver seat hadn't realised that every time he wriggled he flashed the cars behind us!

Apart from that I've not had any hassle in dogging car parks, but only coz I don't normally have any windows for people to look through.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I've had police come and ask us what we were doing, because the brake light of the car was flashing on and off repeatedly. But when he looked through the window and saw we were just eating pizza, he left us in peace. My long legged friend in the driver seat hadn't realised that every time he wriggled he flashed the cars behind us!

Apart from that I've not had any hassle in dogging car parks, but only coz I don't normally have any windows for people to look through.

Thing that brasses me off about them is Parking in front of you with there headlights full on illuminating the whole Van . Not trying to be very discreet is it ,and bloody annoying to the likes of me .

Another one nite {im sitting on the step of the side sliding door making a brew , its 1.30 am , lay bye in middle of no were } seen a car pull up , 10 mins later im confronted by a figure Dressed all in Black and peering into the open van .

Didnt even see him approaching , had to get aggressive with him ,cause what else can i do ?

Didnt have kids with me but im sure if those that do who are innocently parked up dont want people like that frightening them .

• I've had that loads of times, torches shone in my face and everything. I just waved and smiled, coz I figured they weren't expecting that!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I like the idea of a blue light.........

I was thinking more of a Gun .
    {They do take Chances though ,i had a German Sheppard who would just sit quitely and let folks get rite up close before making its pressance known .}

• Oh Lordy I have led a very sheltered van dwelling life:wall:

Believe me, you're not missing much!

• I've never seen any doggers when i've been parked up anywhere (that I know of :S ) but there is one lovely beauty spot on the outside of Gloucester that's infamous as a dogging spot, and I know someone who did go there to park up for the night and got the shock of their life when people started peering in their windows at 2am! :D :eek:

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• Haha not been on for a while. Glad to see people are discussing the joys of doggers. I went back to the spot last night and they were about again. But I had another motorhome pull up so they kept away. Tis good for a laugh. Leave em to it I do, everyone has differences I guess. Just when they start lookin in my windows
    Thats when the tyre wrench comes out haha

• To paraphrase 'The Sound of Music':
    "Parkups and dogging and whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings
    These are a few of my favourite things!
    When the whip bites
    When the cane stings
    When I'm feeling bad
    I simply remember my favorite things
    And then I don't feel so sad'
    (Endless standing applause from an audience of thousands .....)

• You have been reading too much '50 shades of grey' you mucky pup.

• Bloody hippies. It seems I encounter them on an almost nightly basis these days, ruining mine and everyone else's dogging fun by parking in OUR special places. I wish I had a pound for every time I've got specially dressed up, driven to the SP and tapped on a van door only to be invited in for a cup of tea and some dizzy cake. I don't know what the buggers put in that tea but it's all I can do to fight my way through the pixies and giant reed warblers to my car for a snooze some nights.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.