Crawley Circus Festival 9th-10th August 2014

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• A weekend of fun, great shows, circus skills workshops, camping, games and a lively atmosphere for circus enthusiasts and absolute beginners! Come along and see some of the best contemporary acts at the Kettle of Fish cabaret, followed by a fire show in The Hawth grounds. It's a relaxed environment and has become known as the 'Friendly Festival'. This year’s theme is Vikings so feel free to dress up as there will be a fancy dress competition on Sunday!

FOR WEEKEND TICKETS PLEASE CALL THE BOX OFFICE ON 01293 553636

Special Early Bird prices until 27 July! Weekend Tickets: £27, Junior Weekend tickets (6-14 yrs) £15.

Day Tickets £12 (discounts: £7).
    Weekend Tickets: £32, Junior Weekend Tickets (6-14 years) £18.

Website
    Facebook
    Buy day tickets

• Awesome thanks. I haven't really picked up any of my circus stuff since I left uni 5 years ago and there doesn't seem to be anywhere round near me to meet with other people that are interested. Would be good to get back into it again. I will try to be there if I can!

• Love the pictures r3ubs! There's normally a unicycle race on the Sunday which is always a good laugh. Workshops are perfect for getting back into the stuff + picking up new tricks & fire show is a spectacle as I'm sure you know seeing as you've performed it :)

In answer to your campervan question, no problem at all but if an awning is mandatory it's recommended to get there early and park on the edge of the car park next to a grass verge. But if self contained then no worries at all ^-^

See below the poster for the Kettle of Fish cabaret show on the Sat night

kof 2014 flyer.jpg

• Love the pictures r3ubs! There's normally a unicycle race on the Sunday which is always a good laugh. Workshops are perfect for getting back into the stuff + picking up new tricks & fire show is a spectacle as I'm sure you know seeing as you've performed it :)

In answer to your campervan question, no problem at all but if an awning is mandatory it's recommended to get there early and park on the edge of the car park next to a grass verge. But if self contained then no worries at all ^-^

Thanks Bugi! I'll definitely be there if I can. I wouldn't say I've performed exactly... I've more,... messed about with some paraffin in my back garden!

• No worries at all; anymore questions y'know where I am :) Would be great to have you there as you're obviously skilled - the fact you've given fire a go is cool in itself! Renegade is worth noting too - dangerously hilarious craziness normally ensues!

• Skilled-ish. I can do a little bit of everything- stilts, juggling, poi, diabolo, flowersticks, unicycle, plates... just can't do any of it particularly well!

Leave my trousers alone... I made them myself! :pp They took aaaages! I have no idea where they are but I might have to dig them out so that I can bring them with me for you to admire. They look even more awesome in real life. Hahahaaa.

• Ohh I'm sure you're particularly good at at least one thing; it tends to be the case that people have their favourite prop(s). Can do the stuff you've listed apart from uni'...one day I will learn -_-

Noo I meant they're amazing! Honest!! D: The shading detail is a very charming touch. We don't tend to have stilt walkers so that would be great if you can find 'em :]

• Do they have anybody selling circus stuff? I've got a tonne of plates and balls and other stuff that I'd love to get rid of (it's just filling my shed at the moment) but seems like too much effort to put on ebay. Seems like it would be an ideal place to flog it, and top up the beer fund for the weekend :D

• There is a company who'll be selling all manner of equipment at the festival, but you could bring it on the off chance of flogging it. Also there's a Circus Sale/Swap/Wanted on Facebook; I know you're not on it but I could do it on your behalf?

• It was great (as ever) thanks! Wet at times but that didn't stop us having fun. You missed a corker of a show in the evening..the acts were fantastic. And I performed in the fire show for the first time :D

• It was great (as ever) thanks! Wet at times but that didn't stop us having fun. You missed a corker of a show in the evening..the acts were fantastic. And I performed in the fire show for the first time :D

Cool... glad you enjoyed it. I am however, going to pretend that you said it was rubbish and the rain ruined it... so that I can be less gutted that I didn't make it :-)