Pierced bits

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Was thinking bout piercings today after i read this (quite graphic) article..

http://www.nydailynews.com/lif…t-level-article-1.1796231

Personally speaking i love piercings and i think stretched ear lobes and lips look good too but i reckon the line for me would be when it started to affect everyday life like eating an stuff. There`s no way i could handle the constant comments and looks he must get too for having a big hole in his cheek. I quite like the shock factor though even though it looks mingin..

So what do people have pierced and what would you like to get done if you had the courage?

• i have my nose done my ear stretched to 30 and my lip i did have my septum done before i would like my tongue split :beard: my daughter just pierced my other ear for me so when it heals i shall be stretching that

• That's quite gross, I don't like the idea of stretched piercings , what happens if you take em out...does it heal all funny and stuff? I don't like people poking me with needles, but if I did like it, I'd get a few pokings now and then,although they'd prob get infected coz I like to play in the mud.....My dentist told me that piercings in the mouth often damage your teeth, which causes dentists to moan....I have some of my ears pierced, tho don't like having stuff in em, so just kinda re-pierce them every few years just so that I can put stuff in them, not like it....and let them heal again......Swimming is awkward with piercings, if you wear googles and nose closies.........that's my thoughts.....:zipped:

• i have 5 holes in one ear and 2 in the other and my nose pierced too... I rarely wear any earrings because of working with young children alot although when i do put earrings in my ears get really sore so would like to replace all my silver sleepers and just leave them in all the time again. I want to get my left nostril pierced to wear a stud in as have a ring in my right nostril. If i was brave enough i'd get a scaffold done ... Tried stretching a few times but wasn't for me...i also think those piercings that look like marilyn monroe beauty spots are beautiful but i'm not gonna get it done :)

• I currently wear a nose stud, 3 earrings in each ear - 2 of them stretched, but I've managed to shrink them back down from 10mm to about 4mm. I wear little amethyst stone plugs in them now, and they look almost like normal earrings. I regret stretching them (did it when I was 17) because I can't wear dangly earrings now (they look silly in the higher holes!). I also have 1 piercing left in my bellybutton.

I used to have 4 in my bellybutton, and my eyebrow, tongue, lip, and several cartilage piercings in each ear including tragus and daith.

• I've only ever had both my ears pierced - a hoop in my left ear and a stud in my right.

Personally speaking I think large tunnels are a bit unattractive; anything up to about 8mm is fine, but after that they start to look like dumbo ears.

I've been with a couple of girls with pierced lips and found kissing them to be quite strange at first. One girl had about 3 rings in her bottom lip - which made our snogging session feel like I'd kissed a chainlink fence.

• I once got me thingy stuck in my trouser zip, and I didn't like it as it hurt it so I carefully unjammed it.....and so don't think I'd ever get that pierced....I'd like a lip piercing but I think it would bother me as I tend to fiddle with things and lips are sensitive....I'll probably pierce my nose again...

• I currently wear a nose stud, 3 earrings in each ear - 2 of them stretched, but I've managed to shrink them back down from 10mm to about 4mm. I wear little amethyst stone plugs in them now, and they look almost like normal earrings. I regret stretching them (did it when I was 17) because I can't wear dangly earrings now (they look silly in the higher holes!). I also have 1 piercing left in my bellybutton.

I used to have 4 in my bellybutton, and my eyebrow, tongue, lip, and several cartilage piercings in each ear including tragus and daith.

You are very brave to have all that done, I don’t think I’dhave the **** to go through with all that!
    I don’t have any piercings at all but did think about havingmy belly button pierced but was put off when a woman who’d had it done told meit hurt like having a car door slammed on it.

• Bout 20 years ago i went to the local tattoo place to get my fadge pierced. While i was waiting the guy who did the piercings came into the room and he was a big greasy 50 year old metaller and was cracking some pervy joke to his mate. I didn`t get a great first impression of the person who was about to put a needle through my bits so i legged it :p

• Bout 20 years ago i went to the local tattoo place to get my fadge pierced. While i was waiting the guy who did the piercings came into the room and he was a big greasy 50 year old metaller and was cracking some pervy joke to his mate. I didn`t get a great first impression of the person who was about to put a needle through my bits so i legged it :p

Good call!! :eek:

• I have 2 in each ear and that's it. I had my nose pierced twice but both times it was rejected after a few weeks, I was young and didn't know at the time that noses don't take well to being pierced with a gun. I used to want loads more in my ears but I was a chef at the time so I couldn't get more done, the ones I have would have started to close up after taking the earrings out for a shift. I'd like more in my ears and my nose done again but I doubt I'll bother, I dont think I can be arsed tbh :D

• I have 2 in each ear and that's it. I had my nose pierced twice but both times it was rejected after a few weeks, I was young and didn't know at the time that noses don't take well to being pierced with a gun. I used to want loads more in my ears but I was a chef at the time so I couldn't get more done, the ones I have would have started to close up after taking the earrings out for a shift. I'd like more in my ears and my nose done again but I doubt I'll bother, I dont think I can be arsed tbh :D

Noses don't take well to guns?? I just had my nose done again on the same side.. Last week, it's still slightly red & scabby on inside but not sore at all.. Will it be alright? I'll Google it! Xxx

• Mine didn't take well to it either time at all (I looked after it really well) and then I spoke to someone about it, a tattooist/piercer I became friends with, and he said I should never have got it done with a gun. But that's not to say it wont work out for others who have it done with a gun, it didn't suit me though. He told me a needle would pierce better through the scar tissue if I got it done again than if I didn't have scar tissue but not sure how true that is.

• I just have one piecing in each ear lobe, but also have 4 piercings higher up the one ear, my nose is pierced (just one hole now, I did have two on the same side but one started moving towards the other and got too close so it didn't look right), and 2 piercings on the same side below my lips.

• I have three piercings in my bottom lip, my nose ( on the right side), and my ears one set, which i had stretched to 20mm, but have taken them out, as the spirals i wore in them cost about £40 each, and kept falling out, so got abit annoyed with having to replace them. They have shrunk down now, to about 5mm, but cant wear pretty earrings anymore.

the pic of the chap above is definately extreme, especially as he began with piercings and mods at thirteen. Maybe im old fashioned, i waited until i was 21 before doing anything to my bod, piercing and tatt wise, because i wanted to be sure i wanted them for the right reasons. I don't think, as a child, he has any real concept of who he is, and what he wants, and massive holes in your face? I reckon he'll live to regret that.....

• Yes I think that's way extreme, and as you say I can imagine him regretting that at a later date.

I'd quite like a few piercings but I'm just too squeemish. Silly thing is though, sitting for a couple of hours for a tattoo doesn't bother me.

• I have my naval done for about 15 years use to wear a nose stud removed it in early twentys three in ears and one cartilidge and we'll say another one only special people see ;-)

• Started with one in my left ear whilst at school, and was the first boy in the school to do so, it didn't go down too well with the establishment that's for sure. Worked my way up to four but have long since stopped wearing anything in them. Had my eyebrow and tongue done too at a later date, they too have fallen by the wayside. However, some 12 or so years ago I saw my first scaffold and thought it looked fantastic, I had one done in my left ear immediately and haven't ever taken it out since.

Wow.... that's a lot! I can't remember what you had when we met.

I'm debating what side of my nose to get pierced. My right eye is my dominant eye.... does that make a difference?!

I currently have two on each lobe and one at the top, although I never wear earrings, and a belly button piercing.

• Four in my ears now ,well 2 in each..and one in my nose ;i change it to suit my whims,,had the extra ear piercing on my birthday at end of july and already the pains gone and i can sleep:)asap im putting silver pentacle studs in place and i have ankh earrings for the lobes, i was surprised at the rush it gave me and plan to have more ear piercings:hippy:

• Ok, here we go...I have snakkebites (2 nails in my bottom lip-eitherside) Side of my nose, septum, bridge and eyebrow. I have a padlock in one ear and a bircing above it slightly. 3 rings in the other ear and my top ear done with a hoop in it.

I wanna get my 'bindi' (dermal) and the middle of my bottom lip done, also need a chain from my nose to ear...Maybe inbetween my knuckles too would be nice...

• i have 4 holes in each ear lobe but only ever wear one earring in each lobe and i have a cartilage piercing with a BCR that i've had since i was 16.
    also a navel piercing i have had since i was about 20?
    i saw an Aerosmith video, 'Crying', and the girl in it had her navel pierced, i had never seen it before and i knew i had to have one.
    i had my nose pierced at 17 and wore a BCR in that, then i took it out when i got divorced, cajoled by my mother, it had closed up within a week and i really regret taking it out.
    Ols has his nipples done and a dodgy surface peircing on the back of his neck and another just below his pubic line. he has promised if i get a VCH he will get his tongue done - jury is still out on that!