UKIP

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I dont know to much about there politics {or any of the others ,} only voted once for Labour .

I think some working people are very concerned about the u.k jobs market , and ukip are saying they will do something about it .?

• I think theyare modern day, media savvy version of the British Union of fascists. At theirheight the BUF had 50 000 members, probably twice as big as UKIP. I think UKIP though are a one-man band, theyhave the established parties on the run but I think their ‘success’ will notlast. As what is their support builton? The unions? No. Bigbusiness? Again no, without the financesof these two sets of backers it is hard to see how they can win any seats inWestminster. As for the Scottishparliament...forget it!
    But I feel thatFarage is more of a widow twanky than a British Mussolini. He and his party are certainly gaffe prone,do they have anybody that does is normal?
    As for theirelectoral success I put it down to people being fed up with Labour and theTories and feel that neither can solve the problems we face today so they areturning to more extreme parties, today it is the extreme right and the extremeleft are nowhere.

• UKIP will never be allowed to win anything. The UK political system is too corrupt to allow that to happen.

Same as what happened to Ron Paul in the US

I am all for anyone who is for smaller government. I am a Libertarian but we will never get a Libertarian government in this country.

UKIP is the closest thing we have to it at the moment

aman

• A secretballot, with universal suffrage is corrupt? Come off it!
    The reason UKIP won't win is that they will not get enough votes! Simple asthat, there is no conspiracy.
    As for Libertarians, this country probably had that back around the 1850s. Ifthe public wanted libertarians in power they’d vote for them.

• Oh ...you mean the one in Westminster where no one has ever really had a job or any idea of what a real job is like and most of the cabinet inherited money; are millionaires, will support the corrupt banking system that supports them....went to eton then oxford or cambridge - that one?

• Are you telling me that the government system in this country is not corrupt?

aman

I am not telling you that, I am telling you that you can vote them out if you don't like them.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ...you mean the one in Westminster where no one has ever really had a job or any idea of what a real job is like and most of the cabinet inherited money; are millionaires, will support the corrupt banking system that supports them....went to eton then oxford or cambridge - that one?

The one that got voted in...yes.

• So we can vote out all the politicians who are corrupt? Who will run the country then as thats 99.9% of them!

UKIP are a bunch of racist, homophobic morons but it is scary to see the amount of comments in favour of them on social media sites. I'm hoping its because all the UKIP supporters are trolls and the sensible voters know it is pointless arguing with morons as they argue you down to their level then beat you with bullshit...

• UKIP if you want to, this lady is not for turning ... damn, I thought the witch was dead.

As well as seeming to be able to attract the most extraordinary bunch of nutters UKIP seems to be the current place for people to gather to register their general dissatisfaction. A few years ago it looked like the BNP were on the ascendant.

What is the Green Party doing so wrong that it can't be the one to pick up the voters leaking from the Tories, Labour and LibDems? That's a serious question, by the way. I have long been out of touch with the party. Maybe a coherent raft of policies is too complicated for some voters? Do they seriously find single issues like immigration or railing against same-sex marriage enough to satisfy their enquiring minds?

• Actually, I dont mean to pick holes but it was a hung parliament. The obnoxious Cameron/Clegg Coallition government was Clegg buddying up with Cameron and hoping not too many of us googled THIS video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkUKkJc1Js

Wouldn't waste a vote on either of them. Clegg could have made an alliance with Labour but chose (God sorry just hearing his voice on that video makes me sick) Cameron and the Tories instead. I dread what the nasty little weasles have in store if the Yes vote fails to get a majority. I have a nasty suspicion that he will follow in his mentor Thatchers footsteps and be out to crush the rebellious Scots.

The point is Cameron got in despite the fact he didnt get a majority and he has wreaked havoc, he picked someone he could easily manipulate. (Nick Clegg is multi-lingual if he wanted to do a real job, he could. He certainly doesnt need the money but he has the skills.If it werent for the way he did the about turn on students and the fact he is another one with obnoxious amounts of money, you almost feel sorry for him after watching THAT video.)

• I think they're nothing but a disgusting bunch of fascists, and an excuse for stupid, small-minded people to feel justified in blaming immigrants for all that's wrong with this country. I find it really worrying that these views seem to be taking hold more and more. Just today I was listening to a customer talking to someone about how they come over here and claim this, that and the next thing. He was talking about some programme he'd been watching (you know the kind, where they ferret out the worst possible examples of people taking advantage of the system and lead people to think they're all like that). He was incredibly wound up about it, and said he had to switch off the TV because he was too angry to watch anymore.

The media feeds this way of thinking, and people buy it all the time.

• I think they're nothing but a disgusting bunch of fascists, and an excuse for stupid, small-minded people to feel justified in blaming immigrants for all that's wrong with this country. I find it really worrying that these views seem to be taking hold more and more. Just today I was listening to a customer talking to someone about how they come over here and claim this, that and the next thing. He was talking about some programme he'd been watching (you know the kind, where they ferret out the worst possible examples of people taking advantage of the system and lead people to think they're all like that). He was incredibly wound up about it, and said he had to switch off the TV because he was too angry to watch anymore.

The media feeds this way of thinking, and people buy it all the time.

I get incredibly wound up listening to people talk about those sorts of programmes. There are a couple of people at work that I'm having the ongoing debate with but there just doesn't seem to be any reasoning with them. Apparently I must be wrong because there was an article in the Daily Mail AND The Sun which said that all Bulgarians and Romanians are exploiting our benefits system and STEALING OUR MONEY WHEN WE HAVE WORKED HARD ALL OF OUR LIVES AND PAID IN AND BLAH BLAH BLAH...

GRRR! Its refreshing to know that I am not alone in my views. I seem to be surrounded be people blinded by tabloids and UKIP propaganda.

This article makes for interesting reading on the subject.

http://minority-thought.com/po…-problem-with-immigration

• suit yourself. we'll be voting for them for the EU elections.

Fair enough, I won't as everything they believe in has been tried before...and failed before, so to me it's a wasted vote.
    All the problems we have now existed before the UK entered in the EU and even before we had immigration into this country.
    There is nothing in their manifesto that has not been done before in this country so how on earth you expect them to solve the problems we face today?

• They're topping the polls round here which disgusts me tbh. I read they are focussing on the area I live.
    The comments about Lenny Henry recently were so awful it's almost laughable, he's from THE Black Country ffs he doesn't need to go to "a black country" he was born here! But I know the person who said that has since resigned.

• A secretballot, with universal suffrage is corrupt? Come off it!
    The reason UKIP won't win is that they will not get enough votes! Simple asthat, there is no conspiracy.
    As for Libertarians, this country probably had that back around the 1850s. Ifthe public wanted libertarians in power they’d vote for them.

I don't think our current voting system is as "simple as that". In the euro elections we will use a regional PR system so UKIP and the Greens will get a few seats as MEPs. But in the UK general election, under the first past the post system they will probably not get any MPs. It is possible that at the next general alection they could get a few million votes and still their electorate will have no representation in parliment. How is that fair? Blair and Thatcher had massive majorities after getting a relatively small share of the electorate voting for them.
    I think that the current electoral system is actually helping UKIP. They are outside parliment so they are not presumed to be corrupt, like the "mainstream" political parties. They can therefore tap into the public mood of distrust of politicians to gain votes. However, if you actually look at the record of their MEPs they are the most incompetent politicians, lining their pockets with expenses, hiring their wives and mistresses in their staff. If they had members of parliment they would soon lose some of their popularity.

• I'm not a voter, I don't respect the UK voting system, I think that they're all in it for themselves and it's only very rarely I find a politician who honestly wants the best for the electorate. As an anti-royalist I also cannot support any politician who swears allegiance to the crown on taking their seat.

However, with all that in mind, it's the only system we have at the moment, and sitting around hoping for a "none of the above" option is pretty pointless. Apathy is a sure fire way to let these thinly veiled racist scumbags walk into power.

Even if we don't support any of the main parties, I still think we have a duty to tactically vote these fuckers out.

• Even if they did win a gen election, which I dobut, their policies are unworkable and they would either a) have to drop their policies which those policieswhich harm the British economy b) probably have to hold another generalelection in 6 weeks.
    I totally agree there is little to choose between the main parties as any party that comes to power just manages the system.

• all the main parties SUPPORT the EU, we are supposed to have a government and an OPPOSITION, where is the opposition if they all support the same thing? that's why I'm supporting UKIP, I'm against the EU and all it stands for(mostly snouts in trough).

• Post by andyinscotland ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • I think they are popular because of there very good advertising campaign , Im not a fan of ukip but plastering posters and adverts everywhere is working for them and is getting the attention of folk who don't really have a interest in politics but the system is to corrupt anyway!