LDV Convoy conversion

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• OH I know the pain of that - I had to buy a house in Aberdeen - competing with oil money so to speak.

check my video here -

http://www.ukhippy.com/stuff/s…kin-A-Farm-For-The-Future

Best wishes for the house - I know how it is - I was in Aberdeen buying a house and fighting off - as it were oil money, but came out good in the end.

Just let us all know when we can come and pitch up!!

• Almost there now!

Dining table made. It's made from a bit of left over ply. A metal pole that I found in the garden, with a washing machine pipe seal for the rubber foot. And a piece of the offcuts from the bed (the round bit where the leg meets the table). Oh, and some hinges that I was given, left over from a house renovation.

Cupboards made. Hinges are from the wardrobe that was used to build some bits of the kitchen units.

And some more offcuts from the bed have been used to make the cupboard handles.

Just a few bits left to do now. Curtains, varnishing the cupboard doors and insulating the back and side doors. Then it's all done!

• Almost there now!

Just a few bits left to do now. Curtains, varnishing the cupboard doors and insulating the back and side doors. Then it's all done!

Then you will think of something to add or change!!

Great job though well done just in time for summer.

Andy

• A mystery - Maybe got confused. When you cut the chair leg. no room to move it anyway, Is it not possible to get the chairs out, as in to sit outside.

No the chairs are well and truly fixed down... hadn't considered making them removable- don't think they would fit past the kitchen units now anyway! There is however, plenty of room under the bed, (which can be accessed via the back door), to store some very comfy old deckchairs :-)

• Many congratulations. A superb piece of workmanship.
    May you have happy times together
    Rich

We got back from our first outing yesterday and have already organised our next one! So I'm sure there are lots of happy times to come :-)

• I haven't checked on this thread in a little while, but that camper is ace r3ubs! You're my new campervan hero (now that Paul's sold his berlingo!) :)

• I haven't checked on this thread in a little while, but that camper is ace r3ubs! You're my new campervan hero (now that Paul's sold his berlingo!) :)

Thanks Beachcomber. We are super duper pleased with it. Our first few nights in it at Something Else were absolutely perfect. Can't wait to get away again!

• At 4pm yesterday we decided we fancied a little impromptu holiday! Within an hour were in the van pootling along, on our way. It was the first time that the dogs have been out with us in the van and we were pleasantly surprised just how good they were, and how much space there was, even with them in there!

Jazz has found her favourite chair!

And Daisy... she likes the bed!

• Currently "dreaming" but this has given me lots of inspiration. Didn't think it was possible to get a bed across the back widthways!!! Do let us know when you open your camp site too :)

It is if you're short (like me :D ) or happy to sleep in the fetal position :D We have a convoy and the internal width is about 5 foot 6, I think.

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• It is if you're short (like me :D ) or happy to sleep in the fetal position :D We have a convoy and the internal width is about 5 foot 6, I think.

I don't get it! I'm 6'2" and I get a decent comfortable sleep with two of us on the small double across the back and I can almost lay flat and straight. If the bed was lower down I definitely could stretch out. We have a full length mattress squeezed in.

• looks fab & what gorgeous dawgs :D

Thanks. We absolutely love it... I think everybody should have a go at converting a van. It was great fun and we have a little holiday home that suits us perfectly :-)

The dogs are awesome and lovely... apart from last week when they emptied the contents of our freezer in the house and cost us several hundred pounds in vet bills!

• Currently "dreaming" but this has given me lots of inspiration. Didn't think it was possible to get a bed across the back widthways!!! Do let us know when you open your camp site too :)

Afraid the campsite thing isn't going to happen now because the sale fell through. We have found a new place but no where near enough land with it :-(

I'm glad the thread has inspired you. t's good to dream... but it's also good to do! If you have the finances available to do it and you really want to, then there is no reason why you shouldn't. Although I'm happy doing a bit of DIY here and there, we've never done anything like this before. We dreamed for a little while. When this van popped up we bought is straight away and did the conversion on a pretty tight budget (most of it went on insulation and the plywood lining). Pretty much everything else was old recycled free furniture, or cheap off ebay.

I recommend that you go for it! :D