Common faults of the LDV 400 series minibus

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I have been hunting for an affordable camper that we can use to take our little hippy shop to festivals next year. It will be our first time with a camper and also running the shop as a stall so we need something to move a gang of us and give storage/bed space.

I've managed to find a 1999 LDV 400 series minibus which has already been converted (on the v5 and everything!) to a camper, it's got a few months MOT, done 78,000 miles and has recently made a journey back from spain so I am thinking things are looking pretty good so far.

new bus.JPG

I'm due to view it on Monday and just wondered if anyone had any experience with this type of bus as we've only ever had a convoy previously and just wondered if there were any common faults to look our for. I know all the usual basic checks but figured you guys were probably the ones to point me to anything specific for the 400 series.

Thanks

Martin - The Hippy Hole

• Went to see it today. We had some fun getting it started since it has been sat since may but a charge and a shogun tow start got it going. Engines spot on, lot of work to be done inside and minor damage to the fibre glass from silly reversing into a roof but I got it for 850 so am very pleased. Pick it up in the new year so will post more photos once it's been mot'd and brought home :)

• Went to see it today. We had some fun getting it started since it has been sat since may but a charge and a shogun tow start got it going. Engines spot on, lot of work to be done inside and minor damage to the fibre glass from silly reversing into a roof but I got it for 850 so am very pleased. Pick it up in the new year so will post more photos once it's been mot'd and brought home :)

hey all the best with the van/camper/stall/mobile shop - you need a name for it?

• Yeah the floor mats were wet on the drivers side. I've dealt with that on our old convoy so will plug this leak. No major rust just some surface bits so that's Ok. The name will probably work itself out, it usually does with our vans and cars, we just eventually realise it's found its own name!