21st century Gypsies......

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Makes me laugh that the daily fail are now romanticising the very same people they once vilified.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Yeah makes me smile too, so does that pic' of the funny looking woman wrapped in a big furry blanket .. :whistle::angel:

I'm not ready to talk about that blanket yet. My mate made me put it in the wash. I'm still a bit traumatised.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• What a coincidence, was just reading the same Maily Dail article and it's from September 2012. A link must be doing the rounds on Faecesbook or something - I actually mentioned it here too, on the 'What are you reading?' thread.
    It looked so interesting I thought I might buy a copy, but it's too cheap and so can't be good quality. I've never paid that little for a book and I refuse to start now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=…=c&ref=pd_sl_45636x5sme_e

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.

• :eek: Did I just read that right? nearly £4k for a copy???

Yes Wurzel, but they're probably a bit shop-soiled, so you couldn't buy it as a gift for somebody.

Me too Trollspindle! It was from the 'Off-grid Living' Feckbook page, bless 'em. Trying to get off-gridders to spend all the money they've saved by not shovelling it at FroggyVolts or Bundeswater.

So weird to see how quick Mail readers are to judge people just because they don't live a DM Approved lifestyle. To think they control the opinions of millions is a little unnerving, and then that those people are eligible to vote.
    :sheep2::baa:

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lionheart888 ().

• You can get them for £300-£400. If they were going for £4k I'd have to seriously consider parting with my copy!

And yes, I've had that blanket years. We will NEVER be parted!!

• Where would they be Lionheart if they did not have MSM to form their opinions for them....:tinfoil::(

Exactly Trollspindle, and why else would they have those dreadful 'editorials' if you weren't meant to read them to find out exactly what your opinion was?
    I have a dear old uncle and aunt who take a fair bit of calming-down after their morning read. Sometimes it's teatime before they can even digest a garibaldi without choking on their fury. I swear one day the sheer outrage of what they've just read will kill them.

• Was thinking the same thing
    No offense but they aren't spectacular photos :/ its only really decent due to the people in them and the homes and surroundings they've been shot and i can safely say they won't be getting out

• Haven't got a credit card, neither has my mum, ( spoke to her tonight and she reminded me she is 84 in January, bless her)I'm a hippywith a bus, and I'm stoned tonight, but I wouldn't pay that much for q book, as Mr Marley sayyyees The one good thing about music is, when it hits you, you don't feel no pain! Gonna play some waterboys now, LOUD, spicky,

• I got my copy for a tenner. Wish I'd bought more now!!

• I got my copy for a tenner. Wish I'd bought more now!!

Wow, that was an unbelievable bargain. It would be interesting to put your copy on eBay and get a friend to bid £3000 for it. The 'current bid' will show as 99p or whatever the highest bid is currently - not the £3000. You can then watch the bids arrive to see just how much somebody is prepared to pay for it, and if the end bid doesn't tickle your fancy then your friend's bid buys it, so simply cancel the sale.
    It's a good way of assessing the value of something, and if the final bid (apart from your friend's false bid) is something you want to take the bidder up on you can give them a 'second chance offer'. You have to be quick though as people's excitement goes off the boil fairly soon after the adrenalin rush is over.

• You can get them on amazon for £300 though so why would anyone bid £3,000?

If they start going for 3k I'll think about selling, but right now I don't really want to part with it.

• No idea. Maybe there was only a limited number printed. And it's got Kate Moss in it.

• Yes Wurzel, but they're probably a bit shop-soiled, so you couldn't buy it as a gift for somebody.

Me too Trollspindle! It was from the 'Off-grid Living' Feckbook page, bless 'em. Trying to get off-gridders to spend all the money they've saved by not shovelling it at FroggyVolts or Bundeswater.

So weird to see how quick Mail readers are to judge people just because they don't live a DM Approved lifestyle. To think they control the opinions of millions is a little unnerving, and then that those people are eligible to vote.
    :sheep2::baa:

I would say it is a whole lot unnerving the DMoids controlled by the media.

• You can get them for £300-£400. If they were going for £4k I'd have to seriously consider parting with my copy!

And yes, I've had that blanket years. We will NEVER be parted!!

£400?! I bought mine for about £15! I mean, they're nice photos, but £400?

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.